Disneyland Resort Paris updates!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
EricMontreal22
Gold Classic Collection

Post by EricMontreal22 »

That makes sense--it's ironic as I believe many of DisneySea's original elements were done way back when DIsneyland still thought they'd expand with a park in Long Beach. Of course I think one reason DisneySea is so much more spectacular than the other recent theme parks (and yeah I'd agree Animal Kingdom can be added there though I'm an animal nut so it always held more appeal to me than California or Disney Studios plus the Himalaya ride has added a lot to the park) was that Oriental Land COmpany (Is that the name? who technically own TokyoDisney) footed the bill--so they gave the park a proper budget but maybe that's unfair of me to say. (also of course the theme parks wer ein a bit of a slump in general in the late 90s very early 2000s that thankfully seems to be turning around)

Atlanticunderthesea - wasn't the Little Mermaid dark ride at one point planned for EuroDisney (back when it was Euro disney? ;) ) I believe a Beauty and the BEast attractionw as planned too when things wer eput on hold...

E
The Merman
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Merman »

DISNEY UPDATE

Project Place Making!

The rumor of project place making is now officially confirmed to all the cast-members at Disneyland Resort Paris!
Yesterday there was a meeting/party/gathering between all the cast-members of Disneyland Resort Paris. At this gathering they got presented with the schedule for 2007, and what they can aspect. At this meeting they had a projected plan of project place making, that clearly showed what is changing over the next 3 months.

La Rouquine is one of the most reliable sources of information when it concerns Disneyland Paris and he drew a poor, but accurate map of what will change.

1 = the (false) boutique along the length of Art of Disney Animation
2 = the two turrets and the mediterrenean building (or Pueblo Deco, like the tower?)
3 = the two "buildings" and the crossroads
4 = the "tunnel" backdrop
5 = the Hollywood Hills backdrop

It seems that we are gettign a (fake) tunnel infront of the backdrop like the one in Who Framed Roger Rabit, and currently shown on the backdrop inside studio 1. This tunnel will transport you to Studio Tram Tour but also to the new Toon Studios entrance. The cast -members were explained that the look of our Hollywood Boulevard would be Downtown LA of the 1930's and not the current version of MGM or DCA. The response from the cast-members was very positive once seeing the designs of the buildings. Image

Now if Project Place making is a success, then we can see more changes happening around 2008! It seems we are getting a New York Street like the one in MGM, that will appear around Rock and Rollercoaster.The fake buildings will appear in front of the attractions, and you have to enter various tunnels and 'backstreets' before you can get at the entrance of the attraction.

Project Place Making is already starting today, as they have rooted out the tree's and are making the area ready for the fake sets.

So now you are thinking that there are no rumors left for us to gossip about, but you are wrong! After the ToT opens, Karl Holz (CEO of Disneyland Resort Paris) told us we are getting a new attraction that has been incredibly popular in other Disney parks! With so many rumors flying left and right, it seems we might be getting the anticipated "Soaring Over the World"!
It al depends on 2007!
So lets hope with all our might that this year is a success, so future plans will be realized!
Aladdin from Agrabah
Special Edition

Post by Aladdin from Agrabah »

So a lot of changes are coming! You are a true source of information, Merman! Thanks.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2009/ ... -chef.html

It appears that during the 20th Anniversary of the Disneyland Paris Resort, Walt Disney Studios, Paris' Second Gate will receive a new attraction. Not just any attraction but an E-Ticket. What ride will it be? Well, being this is France and it's a theme park about films coming from the Mouse, what attraction would you think it would be about?

That's right, it's an attraction based on that lovable rodent in Brad Bird's "Ratatouille" from Pixar. And it's going to be a very detailed, layered in theming attraction. It's going to use that trackless system that we've seen in Tokyo on "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" and in the coming "Mystic Manor" in Hong Kong.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/ ... e-all.html

Forget about Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure or the Little Mermaid, the next Disneyland Paris big E-Ticket will be the Ratatouille attraction! This awaited E-Ticket which will be build at the Walt Disney Studios has been approved by the park's management and it's now confirmed - not officially, of course - that Ratatouille will be DLRP 20th anniversary E-Ticket.

For a cost estimate between $120 M and $150M this is a unique attraction which will exist only at DLRP, and that's good news. Located where stands now the costuming building WDS guests will have access to the new facility thanks to two roads, one from the Toon Studio and the other one going through a small tunnel at the west exit of Toy Story Playland.

Of course expect on the outside some Paris decor, but also inside the building as the queue line decor will put the guests on the rooftops of Paris with breathtaking height feeling, thanks to forced perspective. I don't know why, but i'm ready to bet that Gusteau's restaurant sign will be include in the rooftop skyline - or on the outside facade...

Guests will then board in what will be probably LPS controlled vehicles - the same technology used at the TDL Winnie the Pooh attraction - and will be "reduced" at the size of Remy. No Mighty Telescope here, but a ceiling probably as high as the one inside Pirates of Caribbean as WDI imagineers will build giant decor to give us the feeling that we are as small as a rat.

The ride will begin inside Gusteau's restaurant kitchen where we will be chased by some of the cooks and especially Skinner, the chef. I don't want to tell you too much about the storyline to don't spoil you the ride, but what i can tell you is that the ride itself will not follow the chronological order of the movie scenes, although WDS visitors will be pleased to find some of the key scenes from the movie.

Of course we can expect Audio-Animatronics figures during the ride. As guests are supposed to have the size of a rat, any rat Audio-Animatronic will not be a problem (in terms of dimensions), but what about human figures which in all logic should be gigantic to respect the proportions. Well, WDI imagineers found an intelligent answer to this problem and sometime we will see - just like Remy in the movie - only the legs of a cook...

Or sometime only a giant face like the one of Skinner.

Considering that the LPS technology will allow the vehicles to don't follow a track and to have more freedom for the vehicle's movements including 360 degrees rotation i think it's fair to say that we can expect a real major E-Ticket, the great dark ride which was missing at the WDS.

The above article also mentions how many attractions have been closing pretty early at DLP, which is an interesting read, too.
blackcauldron85

Disneyland Paris 2010 Season : a sneak peek at the New Generation Festival
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/ ... -peek.html
(via disneyreport.com)
blackcauldron85

Google Earth view: Walt Disney Studios : The Hollywood Boulevard Illusion
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/ ... evard.html
(via disneyreport.com)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I am fed of Disney - Pixar being so prominant in DisneyLand now. I want to see more rides based on Animated Classics, or Live Action movies. They are the foundation of Disney to me, and I personally feel as if they are being slightly neglected in Disney Theme Parks.

I also personally felt, with so much positive buzz right from the Platinum DVD, 'Ariel's Undersea Adventure' would be making its way to the park, as it was supposed to be in Paris anyway.

I'm not saying I dont have love for Pixar ... I love Crush's Coaster ! I just would like to see more of Disney in DisneyLand Paris.
blackcauldron85

You might not want to read this then, atlanticaunderthesea :p:

Riding INTO the Ratatouille Dome…?
http://www.dlrptoday.com/2010/02/05/rid ... ille-dome/
(via disneyreport.com)

Make sure to click on the other links in the article for previous stories about the possible attraction.
blackcauldron85

Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Update
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/ ... isney.html
(via disneyreport.com)
blackcauldron85

First Quarter Announcement, EURO DISNEY S.C.A. Fiscal Year 2010
http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/disney- ... 010-a.html
(via disneyreport.com)
blackcauldron85

The making of WDS Toy Story Playland
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/ ... yland.html
(via disneyreport.com)
blackcauldron85

WDS Toy Story Playland Update and DV World of Disney Megastore
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/ ... e-and.html
(via disneyreport.com)
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Disney resort hit by staff suicides
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 086719.ece

Staff at Disneyland Paris, the most popular tourist attraction in Europe, are considering industrial action to improve their working conditions after the suicides of three employees since the start of the year.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I only just read your post Amy ! Grrrr, no more Pixar, please !!! Is that too much to ask ?!

I dont know if its been mentioned here, but Disney's Art Of Animation show, featuring all the clips from Disney classics, have been 'pimped out' to include Pixar movies. From the information I've gathered from other boards, people are none too pleased with this change. They all say it looks rushed, and 'jammed in', ie it doesnt sync with the music either. That is such a shame, as that showreel brought me to tears every single time I saw it :( I cant believe it isnt the same anymore. Here is a link to the original, so you can all get a sense of what a shame it is that its changed ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfydY2x1NOA
blackcauldron85

AOLTravel: Mother Dressed as Princess Kicked Out of Disneyland Paris
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=74100
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Just got back from a trip to DisneyLand Paris, and they should forget developing anything else like all the other parks are doing, and just focus on looking after what they already have .... some of the park was looking a bit sparce in some spots, and others looking as if they needed a bit of TLC. Made me a bit sad really :(
blackcauldron85

DISNEYLAND PARIS REPORTS NET LOSS OF $145M IN FIRST HALF OF 2010
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-new ... 145m-2010/
(via disneyreport.com)

Atlantica, do you think that the park would improve with more attractions and restaurants, or is it just the fact that they don't keep the park clean and operating well?
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

blackcauldron85 wrote:DISNEYLAND PARIS REPORTS NET LOSS OF $145M IN FIRST HALF OF 2010
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-new ... 145m-2010/
(via disneyreport.com)

Atlantica, do you think that the park would improve with more attractions and restaurants, or is it just the fact that they don't keep the park clean and operating well?
Now why does the idea of the Toy Story Playland remind me of the Bug's Life thing in DCA? :P
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Things as simple as coats of paint would do this place wonders. Alice's Maze was desperate for a few years, but has now just been redecorated, and fixed (thank goodness), and the bridge leading up to the castle is completely new ! People are saying even the castle itslef needs a fresh coat to spruze it up, thiugh ?I hadnt noticed that.

Without a doubt, the worst section of the park is the Bazzar entrance to Adventure Land. It is a total non-entity. There is nothing there; its like a shell. And a total deflating entrance to the Land as well, being right next to Main Street and the castle. Ive always thought, even when I was small and first going to Disney, that it was a perculiar section of the park. It looks like its either just being built and they havnt finished it yet, or they are aboiut to close it down to create something else. It aint good :(

So, in my opinion Amy, they should forget about new areas and rides this year, and focus in rebuilding the beauty and majesty of the original park, which, after all, is what Paris is known for.
blackcauldron85

Captain Eo back at Disneyland Paris: Exclusive Interview of WDI Imagineer Rick Rothschild
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2010/ ... paris.html
(via disneyreport.com)