Rank the Disney/Pixar Films

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

The Pick of Pixar

Post by carolinakid »

EW's Owen Gleiberman & Lisa Schwarzbaum have ranked the Pixar films, noting that they've admired them all....
1. Toy Story
2. The Incredibles
3. WALL*E
4. Finding Nemo
5. Up
6. Cars
7. Toy Story 2
8. Ratatouille
9. Monsters, Inc.
10. A Bug's Life

Gleiberman says he would rank Toy Story 3 as Pixar's greatest achievement since The Incredibles and -just maybe- since the original Toy Story...
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

After 3 viewings of Toy Story 3 I now feel confident to update my list:

1. Wall-E
2. Toy Story 3
3. Toy Story 2
4. Finding Nemo
5. Toy Story
6. Monsters, Inc.
7. Up
8. A Bugs Life
9. The Incredibles
10. Ratatouille
11. Cars
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

1. Wall-E
2. The Incredibles
3. Monster's Inc.
4. Toy Story 3
5. Up
6. Finding Nemo
7. Ratatouille
8. Toy Story 2
9. Toy Story
10. Cars
11. A Bug's Life

Ratatouille is hard to place because I've only ever seen it once. Plus I can't completely decide if I like Nemo better than Up.
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Not to plug my blog, but I already wrote a detailed top ten which lists my favorite Pixar films:
http://filmstripmemories.blogspot.com/2 ... te_15.html
ImageImageImageImage

stlewis75
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stlewis75 »

This list would probably change daily, but here's today's version:

1 The Incredibles
2 Ratatouille
3 Monsters, Inc.
4 Finding Nemo
5 Toy Story 3
6 Toy Story 2
7 Up
8 Toy Story
9 A Bug's Life
10 Wall-E
11 Cars
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

Post by toonaspie »

I'm really not good with ranking films cause I feel that the majority of Pixar films were all pretty much the same to me.

So some stuff on this list has been switched around from my previous ones.

1. Toy Story 3
2. Wall-E
3. Finding Nemo
4. Toy Story 2
5. The Incredibles
6. A Bug's Life
7. Toy Story
8. Cars
9. Up
10. Monsters Inc.
11. Ratatouille
ToyStory959910

Post by ToyStory959910 »

11. Cars
10. Ratatouille
9. Monsters, Inc.
8. Up
7. Wall-E
6. The Incredibles
5. Toy Story 3 [Love it, but it's sad so I can't put it above the first 2 from my childhood!]
4. A Bug's Life
3. Finding Nemo
2. Toy Story 2
1. Toy Story -Can't go against the one that started it all!

Putting a list of favorite Pixar films in order is insanely hard. Toy Story is clearly the best franchise to me, but the rest are all equally behind. Except Cars. Not bad, but not up to the level of Nemo/Bugs life, etc.
zackiellovedisney
Gold Classic Collection

Post by zackiellovedisney »

Woo hoo first post in a couple months anyway i watched toy story 3 a couple days ago so here are my rankings

11.Incredibles
10.Finding Nemo
9.Toy Story
8.Monsters Inc
7.Toy Story 2
6.Cars
5.Toy Story 3
4.Bug Life
3.Ratatouille
2.Wall-e
1.Up
COUNTDOWN in the Polls and Games section
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

1. Ratatouille
2. Toy Story 3
3. Toy Story 2
4. Monsters, Inc.
5. WALL-E
6. A Bug's Life
7. Toy Story
8. The Incredibles
9. Up
10. Finding Nemo
11. Cars
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

CARS was great. The 20% of the country who are self-identified liberals hate CARS because they hate Nascar, Larry the Cable Guy, small towns, small town values...the whole thing screams Red State Republican America, and like showing the cross to Dracula, left-leaners bare their fangs and hiss and spit whenever CARS shows up. Liberals have problems with The Incredibles and Ratatouille as well, but PIXAR has Wall*E to balance them out.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

WTF? That's first time I heard such an outlandish assumption.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Please don't politicize these movies.

I hear the ridiculous argument that The Incredibles is a conservative movie because it promotes the idea of family (as if liberals hate families) or that WALL·E is a liberal movie because of it's underlying environmental message (as if conservatives relish environmental destruction/pollution). That would be over-simplifying politics, and it's never fun to politicize non-political movies.

Just out of curiosity, why would liberals hate Ratatouille?

BTW, I HATE Nascar, don't particularly find Larry the Cable Guy funny, but thoroughly enjoyed Cars (even if it's a blatant rip-off of Doc Hollywood, just as A Bug's Life is a rip-off of Seven Samurai).
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Rudy Matt wrote:CARS was great. The 20% of the country who are self-identified liberals hate CARS because they hate Nascar, Larry the Cable Guy, small towns, small town values...the whole thing screams Red State Republican America, and like showing the cross to Dracula, left-leaners bare their fangs and hiss and spit whenever CARS shows up. Liberals have problems with The Incredibles and Ratatouille as well, but PIXAR has Wall*E to balance them out.
WOW...

First of all, very clever of you to label Cars' haters as being liberal nut jobs. I agree that Cars is a very American, traditional film (it was, after all, based on a Family trip John Lasseter took with his family), but I refuse to believe that the main reason people hate this movie is because of its themes.

I love Cars, but I admit its because I am little biased towards it. I think the movie does has flaws that keep it from being the absolute best. First off, the characters are very cartoonish and outlandish. Yes, I know that this is a cartoon feature, but considering how adult The Incredibles was coming off that movie and into Cars the difference is jarring. Second, the story just isn't that engaging. Sure it does have a lot of emotional aspects as well as moving and some satisfying stuff, but the plot is very thin on this regard. In fact, its been proven that Cars has a very similar plot to that of an old Michael J. Fox movie as well as the classic film Sullivan's Travels. Finally, the pace is uneven, at times dragging thanks to some superfluous scenes, the other quite literally going really fast.

Again, Cars is far from the worst Pixar movie ever made. It's very fun, very enjoyable and when it works it works. It's just that it has some flaws that keep it from being the absolute best, and considering how ambitious Pixar films have gotten after Toy Story 2, it feels jarring to see such a traditional effort.

I'll take back what I said, however, if what you said was a joke. If not...
ImageImageImageImage

Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Rudy Matt wrote:CARS was great. The 20% of the country who are self-identified liberals hate CARS because they hate Nascar, Larry the Cable Guy, small towns, small town values...the whole thing screams Red State Republican America, and like showing the cross to Dracula, left-leaners bare their fangs and hiss and spit whenever CARS shows up. Liberals have problems with The Incredibles and Ratatouille as well, but PIXAR has Wall*E to balance them out.
I'm a liberal, and I like Cars alot. I think it is, at its core, a sweet movie with a lot of heart. No, I don't like NASCAR. But I do like nostalgia, and I think that the concept of "stopping and smelling the roses" is one that is often overlooked. I also don't understand why you think The Incredibles and Ratatouille are conservative films, I don't see any overly political themes in there. And WALL-E, especially, I think, calls for moderation. Why? Well, it's saying that unrestrained capitalism is bad, on one hand. That's liberal. But on the other hand, it's saying that living in a system in which things are done for you will hurt you in the long run. That's pretty conservative. The movie has been interpreted both ways, and I think that both views are in there for a reason: It's a call for moderation.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
pap64
Platinum Edition

Post by pap64 »

Margos wrote:
I'm a liberal, and I like Cars alot. I think it is, at its core, a sweet movie with a lot of heart. No, I don't like NASCAR. But I do like nostalgia, and I think that the concept of "stopping and smelling the roses" is one that is often overlooked. I also don't understand why you think The Incredibles and Ratatouille are conservative films, I don't see any overly political themes in there. And WALL-E, especially, I think, calls for moderation. Why? Well, it's saying that unrestrained capitalism is bad, on one hand. That's liberal. But on the other hand, it's saying that living in a system in which things are done for you will hurt you in the long run. That's pretty conservative. The movie has been interpreted both ways, and I think that both views are in there for a reason: It's a call for moderation.
I agree with Margos completely.

You could also add how A Bug's Life is about how people in the higher ranks of society fear the small, common man because they may be small but they outnumber them and thus can easily throw them from power, forcing them to rely on intimidation and fear to convince them that they are nothing more than small people living average lives and working for them.

Quite a political statement if you ask me...

Also, as I was watching Up clips on YouTube I read some comments saying how the movie had a "disgustingly white" vision of marriage, love and life. I guess it means that Up too is a movie with some "political" and "social" claims, but I honestly didn't see it that way. I saw it with a Puertorican audience and never did anyone claim that it was very white or American. I mean, what we see in the movie is two people who fall in love, they get married and live their lives as best as possible until one of them passes away. I can't be the only one that believes that this is something that happens to EVERYONE, regardless of social standing, religious belief or where they are living. Love and life are very universal feelings that can affect everyone, so I don't understand how Up presents a very "white" look at married life.
ImageImageImageImage

jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Margos wrote:Well, it's saying that unrestrained capitalism is bad, on one hand. That's liberal. But on the other hand, it's saying that living in a system in which things are done for you will hurt you in the long run. That's pretty conservative. The movie has been interpreted both ways, and I think that both views are in there for a reason: It's a call for moderation.
So it's libertarian, like me j/k I think if WALL·E has any political statement, it's against government being in-bed with big corporations. I wonder if Obama receiving giant campaign contributions from BP had anything to do with BP being able to skip out on government regulations causing this Gulf oil disaster? Just continuing the Bush tradition of "government in-bed with big oil" I guess. I was really liking the anti-lobbyist rhetoric but I guess that's all it was.
pap64 wrote:Also, as I was watching Up clips on YouTube I read some comments saying how the movie had a "disgustingly white" vision of marriage, love and life. I guess it means that Up too is a movie with some "political" and "social" claims, but I honestly didn't see it that way. I saw it with a Puertorican audience and never did anyone claim that it was very white or American. I mean, what we see in the movie is two people who fall in love, they get married and live their lives as best as possible until one of them passes away. I can't be the only one that believes that this is something that happens to EVERYONE, regardless of social standing, religious belief or where they are living. Love and life are very universal feelings that can affect everyone, so I don't understand how Up presents a very "white" look at married life.
Yeah, I'm not sure love and marriage is a "white" thing :lol:
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

This is my current list. Will update when I see TS3.

1.Toy Story (Will probably NEVER be topped)
2.Toy Story 2
3.The Incredibles
4.Up
5.Ratatouille
6.Monsters Inc.
7.WALL-E
8.Finding Nemo
9.Cars
10.A Bugs Life
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Post by jpanimation »

Actually, I'd make a list but I find it fluctuates a lot :lol:

I guess either Toy Story or The Incredibles would take top spot, with A Bug's Life on the bottom.
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Post by kbehm29 »

My list changes from year to year, but here's how current things stand...

1. Toy Story (10/10)
2. Cars (9.5/10)
3. Toy Story 2 (9.5/10)
4. A Bug's Life (9/10)
5. Monsters Inc. (9/10)
6. Finding Nemo (9/10)
7. Up (9/10)
8. Ratatouille (8.5/10)
9. The Incredibles (8.5/10)

10. Wall-E (8/10)

I will come back and edit after seeing Toy Story 3 this weekend. I do have to say that I really loved most of them and liked all of them. Wall-E is definitely my least favorite. I'm not sure why I didn't care for The Incredibles as much as a lot of you. And, I do love Cars a lot - I think that movie gets the short end of the stick often.
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

My list always changes, but the Toy Story movies will always be at the top, and Ratatouille and WALL-E at the bottom.

For a while there Cars was my favorite after the Toy Stories, but now I think it might be The Incredibles lol.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.