Rank the Disney/Pixar Films

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Five years ago, Escapay wrote:1. Finding Nemo - Dory steals every scene, and if not for FN, I wouldn't have my kick-ass name, Escapay.

2. Toy Story 2 - this film joins the small group of films that show sequels can be better than the original. Others include Star Trek II, Empire Strikes Back, Superman II, Spider-Man 2, X2, etc.

3. Toy Story - while I found Buzz to be completely naive and my least favorite character in the first movie, I grew to love him after he broke his arm and became Mrs. Nesbit.

4. A Bug's Life - It's a rock. And Tuck and Roll should have trademarked "You're Fired!" before Trump tried to.

5. Monsters Inc. - Probably because I haven't seen it as much as the others, but it's a really nice film and Boo is probably my favorite character in the movie.
Given that there are now twice as many Pixar films as there were when I last posted my rankings, I figured it's the perfect time for me to update it.

10. Cars (2006) - I saw this in theatres with a friend and while the experience of going to the theatres with a friend was fun, the movie wasn't. I enjoyed it at first, mainly because of the whole "Yay, a new Pixar film!" but upon re-viewings on DVD, I just grew less and less enamoured with it and don't really like it or the characters.

9. Monsters, Inc. (2001) - I hate ranking it so low, but it's a film that I really don't give as much replay as the others. It's genuinely funny and enjoyable, but not something I go out of my way to watch. It's a great film, but since Pixar has only 10 films, one of them has to be in ninth place, and this one gets it by default.

8. WALL-E (2008 ) - the first half is great. The second half is...well, gets to be less and less believable for me. But it's still a compelling story.

7. Ratatouille (2007) - another victim of the "Pixar has only 10 films, and one has to be in (this place)". It'll likely remain in seventh place 20 years from now when there are like, 25 Pixar films to rank and rate.

6. The Incredibles (2004) - I probably rank it so high because it is one of the best DVDs ever made by Pixar. Actually, it probably is the best DVD Pixar made. But the movie is good too! The "Fantastic Four" comparisons are often used by detractors as to why it's not a good movie, but really, it doesn't bother me. It just goes to show you can take a concept (a family of superheroes) and create a good enough story to make it your own.

5. Toy Story 2 (1999) - I used to rank this above Toy Story and likely will again in the future, but at the moment, I'm just thinking more about how I really enjoyed Toy Story more than Toy Story 2 during the 3-D double feature earlier this fall. Toy Story 2 is funnier, I'll definitely give it that.

4. Up (2009) - usually the more recent movies get closer to the top of the lists because of its recentness and it still being fresh on the viewers' minds. But I think I'll likely always have this in my top 5.

3. A Bug's Life (1998 ) - often overlooked when it comes to ranking the Pixar films, which is a shame. It's a hugely entertaining movie with a great ensemble cast.

2. Toy Story (1995) - if I never saw Finding Nemo, this would easily take the top spot. It's a film that never gets old.

1. Finding Nemo (2003) - yes, it's overrated, and yes, it's gotten its fair share of detractors over the years. But I still love it and it will likely always be my favourite even if Pixar has made better films.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
ToyStoryFan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ToyStoryFan »

It's hard to do a list like this because they are ALL masteripeces.

I'll try:

01. Toy Story -- A perfectly flawless film, from start to finish. Timeless.

02. Finding Nemo -- I don't get all the hate for it. Incredibly emotional, I felt more emotion here than any other Pixar film. The scene with Nemo's dad finding him and Nemo's "I love you, dad" at the end gets to me everytime.

03. Toy Story 2 -- Just as good as the original.

04. Up -- I didn't think it would be as good as it was. Fantastic, emotional, everything you want in a quality film is here in spades.

05. Cars -- Very underrated. I think it has a great story, fun characters, and the animation is stunning.

06. A Bug's Life -- Criminally underrated as well. I can't believe a film this good is in the bottom half of my rankings. I think it's not highly regarded because it followed Toy Story and anything after that would obviously not be as impressive.

07. Monsters Inc. -- Another moving film, but parts of it are hard/boring to watch when you've seen the film on repeat viewings.

08. Wall-E: I agree it had a brilliant first half, but the second half was way too much running around for my taste. Still, a silent robot love story is only something Pixar could pull off!

09. Ratoutille -- Just didn't do much for me.

10. The Incredibles -- Very overrated. I didn't feel any emotion, and the film didn't move me the way the eariler ones did. I still enjoyed it though.
Babaloo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Babaloo »

YAY my turn!!!

10) Ratatouille: Okay I know this is weird, but I really did not like this movie! It was so bland for me and I didn't find it very interesting. But the biggest put off for me was the animation. The characters themselves were good, but I found that the colour palette chosen was very dull (mainly blues and browns). It was kind of boring...

9) Cars: Liked the movie, but it felt like it was done before. It felt as if there wasn't much innovation in it.

Here's where it starts to get tough with me...Oh Pixar! Why do you make such good movies?!?!

8 ) Monster's Inc.: I love this movie, don't get me wrong. But I recently re-watched this movie and I found it very fast-paced. I also find that some of jokes aren't as timeless as in other Pixar movies.

7) Up: I really enjoyed this movie when I saw it the theater, but rewatching it at home made me realize it wasn't as great as I thought it was. I find some of the character's not amazing. Don't hate me for saying this, but I don't really like the character of Russel. The intro was the most amazing intro I've ever seen in a movie though...so many different emotions in five minutes!

6) Toy Story: Amazing movie, with a great story and cast with great characters. I actually have no idea why I don't enjoy this movie as much as I use to.

5) The Incredibles: Funny and great story line. Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl are some of my favourite characters in any movie; I love their relationship. The only thing that bugged me was the ending...it wasn't as strong as I wished it could be.

4) Finding Nemo: Would have been my top spot if I didn't recently rewatch it. It still had the same magic and humour that captivated me when I first watched it (Dory is still my favourite character EVER!), but it sort of felt like it dragged on a bit. And for some reason I found that I cared more for the scenes with Marlin and Dory in it, rather than with Nemo.

3) Toy Story 2: I know this is debated a lot, but I think this movie surpassed Toy story by a long shot. There's so much more range in this movie with characters, emotions, setting, and story. It was amazing and every time I watch the "When Somebody loved me" scene, I can't help myself but tear up :cry: !

2) Bug's Life: I've loved this movie ever since I watched it. Actually when I was kid and watched this movie, I stopped killing bugs because of this movie :P. It made me laugh then and it makes me laugh now. Like previously said, I think it has the strongest of Pixar villains.

1) WALL-E: When I heard of this movie, I thought it was the worst idea ever! I also thought that having no voices would be its downfall. On the contrary, it's what makes this movie so magical. Being able to convey emotion without words is unbelievable! It's one of the few movies I feel so many different emotions all in one! I have nothing else to say other than it's AMAZING!

WOW I just noticed how much I say the word amazing...

(Wipe sweat off forehead) Thank God that's done! Please don't put me through that again! I've been a good boy all my life :P! What did I do to deserve this!!!!

...That was fun :D!
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I am really glad to see this thread revived. I really enjoy seeing how (and more importantly, why) other people rank the ten as they do. There's something so fun and universal about this, since who hasn't seen all of these films? And the rankings and rationales are delightfully varied. So, keep the lists and commentary a-comin'! Even you, Netty!

I'm also proud that I've managed to freshly revisit all ten. Familiarity with the movies seems to parallel my rankings. Which makes sense, because you ought to watch your favorites the most.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I could have sworn I'd posted in this thread before, but apparently not. Well, anyway, here's my list-

1. Monsters, INC.- I've noticed something about my favorite things-I can always revisit them, and they will always be fresh, but they do a greater thing- they take me to a new world. Monsters, INC. does that for me, and honestly, I think it's hilarious. I also have a lot of good memories tied around this film when I was younger, so I always feel a little bit nostalgic while watching it. I guess, mostly, I like this film for sentimental reasons.

2. Up- I think this is a pretty high place to put a film I've only seen four times, one that has only been released within the present year. Still, while, as I've mentioned before, this film is not as immediately "rewatchiable" as I feel "Monsters" is, but the story itself is delightful, especially the opening. It's hard to make me cry during a movie- but that did. Not to mention, I love the cast- Ed Asner (whom I know as Hudson from "Gargoyles") AND the Chris Plummer (Captain Von Trapp in "The Sound of Music")!

3. Wall-E- Unlike "Up", "Wall-E" I can certainly watch over and over again. I remember going to the theatre last year to see the film, and as soon as the little robot rolled onto the screen the audience was loud with "WALLLLLL-EEEEEE". My first thought was- Oh, no, another bad Pixar film that can only push merchandise. But as the movie went on, I fell in love with it. I guess "Wall-E" just exceeded my expectations.

4. Toy Story 2- Pure fun. We've got Woody and Buzz back, but this time alongside Jessie, Stinky Pete, and Ariel herself as Barbie. I also find this film's plot more enjoyable than "Toy Story", but for the most part, I think it's the vocal cast that hooks me in. And, also, I just like Woody, Buzz, Slinky, Mr. Potato Head, Ham, and so on a lot more in the sequel. I'm excited to see what next year will bring with the third film!

5. The Incredibles- This movie might have been higher up on my list if it didn't drag on. You'd think (and I always do) that after the family defeats the villian- the show is over. But no. He's back at their home, kidnapping Jack-Jack. And then, after they finally beat him back for good, the family ends up at a track meet for Flash. I think the movie is funny as all get-out, and I think the opening is one of the best in Pixar history, but there's a point where all good things must end. Maybe that's why I never found a need for a sequel to "The Incredibles", until someone brought it up on here.

6. A Bug's Life- Believe it or not, this film has risen among my list. Before I think I hated it. Now I love it. The plot itself is not exactly my cup of tea, and so that's another reason it's not higher up. But I do find it very enjoyable.

7. Toy Story- I remember when this was "the" kid's movie. And I hated it. Well, that's a little harsh- I didn't like it as much as other animated films I had. But there certainly is something special in this film- of course I realize this now. I may have to pop it back in some time, and watch it again.

8. Ratatouille- By no means is this film weak, visually, plot-wise. No. It just deviates from the Pixar formula a little too much for me, and I guess that's where it falls flat.

9. Finding Nemo- I saw this movie back in theatres when it first came out, and even back then, I wondered what all the fuss is about. The one high point for me is Ellen Degeneres and the underwater imagery- but besides that, I find the plot and characters boring.

10. Cars- This film was a huge disappointment when I first saw it. I hadn't heard any buzz on it, in fact I had been eager to see it when it first came out, but ultimately- I did not like it. The plot lags on- the characters and their surroundings should be interesting, but they aren't at least for me.
David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

I was originally just going to add Up to my previous rankings, but inspired by those of you who wrote thoughtful explanations to explain your rankings, and Luke's above comments, I decided to go that route instead.

Note - On any given day, the top 6 could shuffle a bit. 2 and 3 often flip- flop, and due to it's newness, I'm not quite sure where Up fits into the top half. But it IS "Up" there. 7 and 8 often flip flop. And 9 and 10 are firmly entrenched in their positions relative to the others.

1) Finding Nemo - This film has always touched me greatly. It also has beautiful settings, lovable characters, humor, an epic quest, a great score, oodles of heart, and an uplifting ending. I'm also a big fan of the theme park attractions it inspired at the Disney Parks. I think ToyStoryFan summed it up best why this tops my list, though - the pure emotion, especially for me the emotion and joy when Nemo and his dad are finally reunited, after all they've been through.

2a) Cars - I never understood the relative dislike many have for this film, but to each their own, as they say. Sure, Lightning is unlikable at first, which IMO only underscores the significance and emotional reaction to his growth and devolopment later in the film. Also, I originally subconsiously expected a more predictable ending where, after he learns his lesson, he wins the big race. But the way it ends is IMO even more ingenious and uplifting. I also think the sequence reflecting on the way the interstate system has made the charming rural highways "obsolete" is very poignant and well-done. Ironically, I've never been a big auto-racing fan, but have always had a major soft spot for cute, anthropomorphised objects (such as in Susie, the Little Blue Coupe)

2b) Ratatouille - I really loved this from the very first viewing, even though I've never been remotely a "foodie". Again, it is the heart and my emotional involvement in the film that I am responding to. Remy is cute and likable, and I got into the idea of breaking boundaries and preconcieved notions as to who can do what - "Anyone can cook", etc. The whole Anton Ego plot was IMO ingenious, culminating in his reawakening regarding why he loved food enough to become a critic in the first place, playing out in a profound, touching piece of writing that brought to my mind the famous "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" editorial. This film frequently flip-flops with Cars for the second spot.

4) Up - As many have said, the opening sequence moved me to tears. Yet another Pixar case of a film having so many great strengths, and the strongest being its heart. This could very well be ranked higher in many moods, even first. Then again, there are moods where I may not want to go through all the emotions of the opening sequence and it's subsequent scrapbook flashbacks (I feel everything quite deeply when I watch movies), so this for now averages out to 4 on the list. I loved Dug and Kevin, by the way!

5A and B) Toy Story and Toy Story 2 - In some moods I prefer the first and others the second, so rather than rack my brain on that one, I'll call it a tie. In some moods, both films could be ranked higher than they are here and the recent theatrical reissue confirmed that. In a familiar theme echoed by all the others listed above, both take an ingenious, charming concept, likable characters, humor, adventure, and heart and create timeless, likable, classic, and rewatchable films.

7) A Bug's Life - There is absolutely nothing wrong with this film to justify a low ranking as I really like it. The competition on such a list is a battle of titans, though. Perhaps it simply didn't touch me quite as much as the films above it, but like all of the above, it's clever, charming, funny, memorable, and classic. And to echo what Babaloo said, I already had a soft spot for bugs and an aversion to killing them before I saw this; and both the film and subsequent Animal Kingdom attraction reinforced this stronger.

8) Monsters, Inc. - Again, another great film that could easily be ranked higher and in many moods, would be. The relationship between Boo and Sully gives the film it's heart, but the film is also funny and has a very clever concept. Like A Bugs Life, the gap between this film and those at the top of my list is actually closer than a 7th and 8th place ranking would usually indicate.

9) The Incredibles - There is nothing wrong with this film and is a great example of it's genre. I am simply not "into" the action-superhero-spy genre as much as I am into the more warm-and-fuzzy cuteness found in the genres of the films listed above it, that feature cute anthropomorphised fish, cars, rodents, toys, bugs, and furry monsters. I get into that stuff more than stuff about real people that is more "adult" in theme. But I certainly enjoyed The Incredibles for what it was!

10) WALL-E - I appreciate the aritistic acheivement here, and WALL-E himself sure is cute and endearing. The low ranking here can be explained then solely on the fact that the "post-apocolyptic futurism" genre is VERY far removed from my cup of tea. I found the scenario of a depopulated earth overrun by ruins where the humans had to evacuate and most animal species apparently went extinct simply too depressing to watch this over and over again, like I can the other films (even though it does end on a hopeful note). I prefer the Walt Disney can-do utopian futurism as depicted in films like Meet the Robinsons. If I emotionally detached myself from the film, then, I can appreciate it more. But, being an emotional type of film watcher, whose favorite films are the ones in which I love the emotional journey a film takes me on, this approach still would not improve it's position relative to the other films. I hope these comments did not offend it's numorous fans; they are not an attempt to upset anyone or start a debate and are merely my explanation of why a film so acclaimed would be listed last on my list. (Obviously, I won't be watching 2012!)

PS. I find it interesting that, in moods where Ratatouille edges out Cars for number 2 (which changes almost everytime I watch these two), my list is bookended by the two Andrew Stanton films, with the Brad Birds coming in both second and second to last. Most of the Lassiter films sit solidly in the middle of an excellent pack, with Cars making the medals podium, and one of Pete Docter's rises into my topmost tier and the other slightly below it. So there's kind of a strange symmetry to it.
Last edited by David S. on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
IagoZazu
Gold Classic Collection

Post by IagoZazu »

1. Toy Story 2- I'm one of those people who enjoyed the sequel more than the original. This movie is funny, entertaining, and fun. The intro was awesome and I like the charm and emotion that follows throughout the movie.

2. Finding Nemo- This is the only movie that I went to the theaters to see twice. Dory was hilarious and the music is great.

3. Up- I didn't know anything about the movie before I went to see it, so I had no idea what the plot was going to be like. I was blown away by the tremendous emotion in the beginning and in the parts where Carl reads the picture book. I liked Russel and Kevin, including Dug and the talking dogs. This was also one of the few movies in which it made me hate the villain, especially at the part where he sets Carl's house on fire. :x But all in all, it was a great Pixar movie that exceeded my expectations. :)

4. Toy Story- The one that started it all was pretty enjoyable when I was a kid. "You've got a friend in me" is a great Pixar song.

5. Cars- I don't understand the dislike for this movie. I thought it was good, and it has a pretty good moral to it. The part where the interstate not going Radiator Springs causes it to become isolated is very true (especially somewhat for my home town). :roll: Lightning was pretty arrogant and cocky, but that was supposed to be a part of the plot. The ending was actually pretty touching.

6. Ratatouille- I like how this took a shot at critics and shown how no one can't do something they like.

7. A Bug's Life- It's been a while since I've seen it, but the characters were good and I remember the final battle. It had the best Pixar villain in Hopper, a very big jerk.

8. Monster's Inc.- It's not that I don't like it, but because there's only ten Pixar movies, this has to be somewhere near the bottom for me. It was a good movie with memorable characters, especially little Boo.

9. The Incredibles- A good movie, but it did kind of drag in some places. The action was cool however, and I can't help but think that Syndrome reminds me of Hades for some very weird reason.

10. WALL-E- Maybe it's because I haven't seen it all that much, but I will admit that WALL-E is cute. I thought it was kind of disturbing how humanity turned fat in outer space, but it all came out good in the end.
Say no to moldy, disgusting crackers!
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

I wrote:Hmmm... I'll try...
1. WALL-E
2. Up
3. The Incredibles
4. Toy Story 2
5. Ratatouille
6. Monsters, Inc.
7. a bug's life
8. Toy Story
9. Finding Nemo
10. Cars
Goodness! You all have such well-thought-out rationales! I think I'm going to try to explain my rankings, as well....

1. WALL-E: WALL-E and EVE are such an adorable couple, and this movie really does tug on my heartstrings. The juxtaposition of "Put on Your Sunday Clothes" and the mountains of garbage is brilliant, and I think that the dismal images of earth are exquisite in their own way. The score is also very interesting, in my opinion. Just an overall great movie, that I can watch over and over again.

2. Up: It's just beautiful. It makes me cry, and I think it may be Pixar's most emotional film. As much as I like the talking dogs, I do think they deviate a little from the tone of the movie. It works as it is, and I wouldn't have it any other way, but it makes it slightly less seamless than WALL-E, so I had to give it second. But this is my favorite Pixar score, for sure!

3. The Incredibles: I've always been fascinated by superhero teams, and when coupled with a family dynamic, they can be extremely interesting. I think this is one of the neatest concepts Pixar has ever explored, but this movie never reaches the level of emotion in WALL-E or Up. Still, it's absolutely fantastic! It always leaves me hungry for a sequel, though. And it would have been better if Violet had gotten more screentime.

4. Toy Story 2: The sequel is much more satisfying to me than the original. I love Jessie and Bullseye, and "When She Loved Me" always makes me cry hysterically. I did think the subplot with the two Buzzes came out of left field a little bit, but I think this is a fairly deep film, definitely beyond Toy Story. It really is a film about mortality, and as chilling as it is, it's really effective. I don't think the plot is as interesting as the three ranked above it, though.

5. Ratatouille: It really is a beautiful film. I don't think it's cold or pretentious or anything. I think it's got a great message about being able to do whatever you set your heart to. It always makes me hungry to watch! I just find it incredible how they were able to animate all of those fur-covered rats and have them all look good! It's a little odd, but "Le Festin" always gives me chills, I don't know why. A very good movie, but again, I don't think it gets as emotional as the ones ranked above it.

6. Monsters, Inc.: This concept is very, very interesting, and I think the movie's hilarious. The plot twist was ingenious, and I think it would have ranked higher, but really, I've seen it so many times, both by choice and against my will before I was into Disney. I don't know why, but I don't think it has the constant re-watchability of the ones above it. It certainly does have the best of the Randy Newman scores, though.

7. a bug's life: I haven't seen this one too many times. I like the characters, and I find Hopper to be an impressive and intimidating villain (although I think Syndrome is more fun). It's a cute film, and I do enjoy the circus bugs. I think it isn't as memorable as the ones above it, though. It's a joy to watch, but I don't think it sticks as much after it's over.

8. Toy Story: It's a classic, but, really, most of the ones that were made after it have been better. Pixar was really just trying out their powers. It has emotion, but nowhere near as much as the later films, including its own sequel. It's funny, but not as funny as Monsters, Inc. Visually, it is extremely dated, and Scut is one of the most bizarre-looking things I have ever seen in my life. Don't think I didn't like the movie, because I enjoy it greatly. It might have been better if Bo Peep had had more screentime, but really all of the characters are enduring and wonderful, which is why I think Toy Story 2 worked so well.

9. Finding Nemo: A beautiful film with a heart. Why is it ranked so low, you may ask? Well, as I explained before, I was forced to watch it about four times a day for a few months. It got really old, really fast. Of course, now I can appreciate it a bit better, but honestly, that annoyance with it still hasn't quite worn off. Which is a real shame, because it is a good film. I simply can't place it above almost any other Pixar film because of that. Is it maybe a better movie than Toy Story? Possibly. Do I like it as much? I don't think so.

10. Cars: I've only seen this movie once. I thought it was cute, I liked watching it. I absolutely hated Lightning, and so the beginning left a bad taste in my mouth. Seeing him redeemed was alright. Really, I only rank it this low because I'm not too terribly familiar with it, and I was mildly annoyed with the fact that the protagonist is unlikeable for a pretty good chunk of the movie. I don't think it was bad, though, and I would really love to see it again.
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
AlwaysOAR
Gold Classic Collection

Post by AlwaysOAR »

1> The Incredibles
2> Toy Story
3> Toy Story 2
4> A Bug's Life
5> Finding Nemo
6> Monsters, Inc.
7> Cars
------------------------(above this line own/will own)
8> WALL-E
9> Ratatouille

I haven't had the chance to see Up yet, so I don't know yet where it'll rank for me...
You don't make the film fill your TV, be it 4:3 or 16:9, you make your TV fit the original ratio of the film. If that means a letterboxing or pillarboxing of a film, so be it.
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

In anticipation of this Friday, I hereby declare this thread.... BUMPED.
TheValentineBros
Anniversary Edition

Post by TheValentineBros »

10. Cars
9. A Bug's Life
8. Monsters Inc.
7. Toy Story
6. Up
5. Ratatouille
4. Finding Nemo
3. Toy Story 2
2. WALL-E
1. The Incredibles
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

1: toy story
2: monsters inc
3: finding nemo
4: wall-e
5: toy story 2
6: up
7: ratatouille
8: cars
9: a bugs life
10: the incredibles.

im a huge pixar fan and think toy story will always be #1 with me. i remember going to see it at the cinema and being blown away. i never thought i would be that impressed again, but that changed with the 3d re-release.
sadly, i missed most of the movies between it and ratatioulle as bugs life came across as childish [i was about 12 or 13 when it came out and making a vain attempt at growing up. the attempt failed. :P] i did see ts2 though, but it wasnt enough to make me see the inbetween movies, which i really regret. i only hope they all get a 3d re-release.
rewatching bugs life as an adult, i can see the charm and quite enjoy it now. i think i was just the wrong age for the original release.
the animation and imagination used in all their movies is beyond compare. i love how they are all different. like disney, their storylines are always similar: girl has dream, girl achieves dream and meets boy. boy and girl live happily ever after. almost all of their movies follow that idea with very few exceptions. dreamworks movies are always different as well which i love. [though im glad to see the end of shrek] dont get me wrong... i am a disney nut, but its nice to see a movie with a different formula now and then.
big kid at heart
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Updated rankings:

1) Toy Story
2) A Bug's Life
3) The Incredibles
4) Toy Story 3
5) Toy Story 2
6) Up
7) WALL-E
8) Cars
9) Monsters, Inc.
10) Finding Nemo

11) Ratatouille
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I've updated my list, now, as well:

1. Up (10/10)
2. Finding Nemo (10/10)
3. Monsters, Inc. (10/10)
4. WALL-E (9.5/10)
5. Toy Story 3 (9.5/10)
6. Toy Story 2 (9.5/10)
7. Toy Story (9/10)
8. Ratatouille (9/10)
9. The Incredibles (9/10)
10. A Bug's Life (8.5/10)
11. Cars (8/10)

It was insanely hard to place Toy Story 3. I preferred it over the first two, but couldn't decide if I'd place it above or below WALL-E. For now, I'll say below, but a second viewing could change that. The first three films are definitely secure, though. Up in particular speaks to me more personally than any other Pixar film, so it's going to be be a long time before that one gets dethroned, if at all.
zackisthewalrus
Anniversary Edition

Post by zackisthewalrus »

OK, new rankings. Here we go.

1. Finding Nemo (10/10)
2. Toy Story 3 (9.75/10)
3. Toy Story 2 (9.5/10)
4. Wall-E (9.5/10)
5. A Bug's Life (9.25/10)
6. Up (9/10)
7. Toy Story (9/10)
8. Monsters, Inc. (8.5/10)
9. Cars (8.25/10)
10. The Incredibles (7.75/10)
11. Ratatouille (7/10)
"No day but today."
My YouTube Channel
David S.
Special Edition

Post by David S. »

As always the case with my Pixar rankings, I actually really like most of the ones near the bottom, it's just that they're all so well done and they all can't win. I actually did like Toy Story 3, just not as much as the first two, and after just one viewing, it's too soon to tell if it would eventually eclipse the two films I ranked higher than it and lower than the other Toy Storys. I definitely prefered it over the films I ranked below it. For explanations, of the other films' rankings, see my earlier post in this thread:

1) Finding Nemo
2) Cars
3) Ratatouille
4) Up
5a) Toy Story 2
5b) Toy Story
7) A Bug's Life
8) Monsters Inc.
9) Toy Story 3
10) The Incredibles
g
a
p
11) Wall-E
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag"- Mary Poppins
"How high does the sycamore grow? If you cut it down, then you'll never know"- Pocahontas
"I do not make films primarily for children. I make them for the child in all of us, whether he be six or sixty. Call the child innocence." - Walt Disney
PrincePhillipFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by PrincePhillipFan »

Here's my updated list:

1. Up
2. Wall-E
3. Toy Story 3
4. The Incredibles
5. Finding Nemo
6. Toy Story 2
7. Toy Story
8. Monsters, Inc.
9. A Bug's Life
10. Cars
11. Ratatouille
-Tim
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm surprised that no one put TS3 as their favorite yet...

I have a definite top 3, but after that, it's hard to choose an order!

1. Toy Story 3
2. Wall-e
3. Cars
4. Monsters, Inc.
5. Up
6. Finding Nemo
7. Toy Story 2
8. Toy Story
9. Ratatouille
10. A Bug's Life
11. The Incredibles

I think. Monsters, Inc. and Up are probably tied for me...but maybe Finding Nemo is, too? I love all the films, so it's hard. :p
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Post by sunhuntin »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I'm surprised that no one put TS3 as their favorite yet...
i didnt include as i havent seen it yet. wont be released here til the 1st of july, and then itll likely be another 2 weeks before i can get there. im fully booked the weekend it comes out and then its school holidays for the following 2 weeks. i want to wait til those are finished so i can watch in relative peace.
big kid at heart
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

On further reflection, <i>TS3</i> may do the unthinkable and bump down <i>A Bug's Life</i> and <i>The Incredibles</i> on my list. I'll decide for sure after my second viewing. That would effectively put it as close to #1 as possible, since I don't know that anything will be able to bump down the original <i>Toy Story</i>. Admittedly, my unwavering estimation of the film can never be attributed entirely to the film itself. But it's not like saying <i>Snow White</i> is best because it was first. I don't think it is anyway.
"Fifteen years from now, when people are talking about 3-D, they will talk about the business before 'Monsters vs. Aliens' and the business after 'Monsters vs. Aliens.' It's the line in the sand." - Greg Foster, IMAX chairman and president