The Simpsons Movie

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

I really liked the Movie. No means the best of the year, but definately one of the brighter moments. The jokes were hilarious. Not the stupid jokes, but the political satire, and the other jokes that were satirical. One major plot qualm I had, is: why didn't they just dig under the glass cover? The film was very enjoyable.
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

castleinthesky wrote: One major plot qualm I had, is: why didn't they just dig under the glass cover?

i FREAKIN' know right?!?! :lol:
i kept thinking of that every time they showed the dome
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

rs_milo_whatever wrote:
castleinthesky wrote: One major plot qualm I had, is: why didn't they just dig under the glass cover?

i FREAKIN' know right?!?! :lol:
i kept thinking of that every time they showed the dome
I dont think they're bright enough to think of that!

Anyways, I saw the movie today and I liked it. It was better than some of the recent seasons. I cannot wait to buy the DVD.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Well, yeah none of the Springfieldians are smart enough to think of that, not to mention I'm sure they had people watching them via camera and everything.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

SpiderPig er.. The Simpsons Movie comes to DVD December 2007

Post by disneyboy20022 »

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7943

Spider-Pig

Spider-Pig

Does whatever a Spider-Pig Does

Can he fly? No he can't thats why he's a Spider Pig

:P

Anyway It appears that The Simpson Movie will be coming to DVD on December 18th of 2007.. Details of special features can be viewed at the link given above my Spider-Pig Chant
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
DisneyLover27
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyLover27 »

this is so cool i so can not wait to buy this i really hope that they have a ton of features in this dvd and i we get to see how they made the movie and all so far i have season 1-10 i am collecting them all, its just like pokemon Gotta Catch Them All :lol:
Anthony
Special Edition

Post by Anthony »

The extras for this DVD do not sound interesting at all. Looks kinda disappointing.
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

No 2-Disc set? :( And here I was, hoping for something cool!
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
Princess Stitch
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Princess Stitch »

Anthony wrote:The extras for this DVD do not sound interesting at all. Looks kinda disappointing.
Yeah but it sound like the info came from "a friend of a friend" if you know what I mean. Once they release an official press release I hope they'll announce more features. It would be a mistake not to make it a 2-disc as well.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Thanks for the news. Can't wait to buy it or I'll probably just ask for it for Christmas.
Dottie
Collector's Edition

Post by Dottie »

Hhhm, weird.... here in Germany it's gonna be released on Dec. 3rd and we already have cover art.

rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

The movie was absolutely fantastic... I can't wait to own it!
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

Hmm. Kinda hoping for a two disc DVD. I'm sure they could do it. The commentary will be brilliant, though. I love the TV show's commentary on DVD.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Ok Some of you might have read or heard by now about the following link below....

http://rubbercat.net/simpsons/dvd.h

But sadly it was someone's prank....A very sick prank....
UPDATE: Even though this was posted on a real SIMPSONS site, apparently, it was all a "joke". Not a very funny one, but one that this dude thought would be hilarious, I guess. There are always some people on the Net with too much time on their hands, I say. Sorry folks, we've been had. It happens.
http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=17467
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Ok Some of you might have read or heard by now about the following link below....

UPDATE: Even though this was posted on a real SIMPSONS site, apparently, it was all a "joke". Not a very funny one, but one that this dude thought would be hilarious, I guess. There are always some people on the Net with too much time on their hands, I say. Sorry folks, we've been had. It happens.
Now THAT sounds like a true Simpsons DVD :D I can't wait, I hope that's all true :lol:
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

disneyboy20022 wrote:Ok Some of you might have read or heard by now about the following link below....

I don't think it was even a prank. Just reading the first lines should be enough for anyone to realize it was written for fun and in jest (come on, 7 discs for $30?), much like the Ultimate DVD threads we've got here. That people took it seriously and talked about it elsewhere, only to realize they had been had is what turned it into a "prank", as they didn't want to admit to having egg in their face.

Scaps
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney-Fan
Platinum Edition
Location: Where it's flat and immense and the heat is intense

Post by Disney-Fan »

:lol: I laughed out loud just reading the descriptions for some of the features. I mean, good god, only The Simpsons DVD can have the movie in "half-screen". I cannot wait for this release.
"See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve." - The Joker
toonaspie
Anniversary Edition

The Simpsons Movie - BluRay/DVD please?

Post by toonaspie »

I know it's too much to ask for but I wish they would just package this movie in a BluRay/DVD combo pack. Seeing that much of FOX films are already getting this packaging treatment. I have a difficult time deciding between either DVD or BluRay for this film and it's killing me. A combo pack would be very convenient for me.

Unless someone knows where I can get this already in existence.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

A DVD/Blu combo doesn't excist yet. I'm suprised you want one, though cuz I think a DVD/Blu combos are just a waste of money for the companies.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I'd say get the Blu-ray, just because Blu-ray is better lol.

They really need to re-release the movie in a special edition or something, though. We're spoiled with the season sets with their amazing sets of extras (minus season 20). The Simpsons Movie had a good amount of extras, but seemed a little lackluster compared to the season sets.