what DID happen to Tigger's family?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
stevecory

what DID happen to Tigger's family?

Post by stevecory »

I have posted this in another forum. I'm not trying to troll or anything. Just want different opinions

In the film 'Tiggers Big Movie', we get a glimpse of how Tigger views his family through one of his songs. But we end up never getting to officially see Tigger's actual biological family. Now this may be too reading into things,and defeating the purpose of Winnie the Pooh, but why do the creators want to isolate these characters from outside characters so much?

The canon inside of Winnie the Pooh has always been like this and not just the movies/episodes. In one aspect, we are supposed to take Christopher Robin's world seriously, and in one aspect, we are not supposed to read much into it since it is just a kid's tale.

It is almost like the Hundred-Acre-Wood is some sort of social experiment, and something just doesn't add up. Can anyone explain this aspect of Winnie-the-Pooh to me?

THanks
anger is pointless
Special Edition

Post by anger is pointless »

its because hes the only one there are no other tiggers
GO WIDE SCREEN AND SEE THE WHOLE MOVIE THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Re: what DID happen to Tigger's family?

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

stevecory wrote:I have posted this in another forum. I'm not trying to troll or anything. Just want different opinions

In the film 'Tiggers Big Movie'

THanks
Frist of all WELCOME TO UD!!!!!!!! 2nd The film is called "The Tigger Movie".3rd Tigger never really had a actual biological family. And finaily Also the Hundred-Acre-Wood is a world in CR's head and the ones who live there are his toys & fantasys.
StitchExp626
Limited Issue

Post by StitchExp626 »

Take Winnie the Pooh, when he eats too much, he needs to sew himself together. Eeyore's tail is attached with a nail. Why is this? Because all the inhabitants of the 100 Acre Wood are stuffed toys. Tigger is a toy and therefore does not have any relatives. The same for Kanga and Roo, again toys made as a mother and son.

So the point of the Tigger movie is that the only family Tigger has are the other toys of Christopher Robin. They have a family with each other. It is this important lesson that Tigger learns. Owl appears to have a long line of relatives but if you listen to his stories abaout them, you also realise that these are just fantasy stories.

As woody would say to Buzz, "You are a TOY"!

Stitch
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

First of all, welcome to the forum!
StitchExp626 wrote:Owl appears to have a long line of relatives but if you listen to his stories abaout them, you also realise that these are just fantasy stories.
I vaguely remember an episode of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh TV series where we actually see some of Owl's relatives come to visit. If I'm not imagining this episode, then that kinda cancels out that theory.

Tigger is a stuffed animal, and the lesson in The Tiger Movie was that his family was Christopher Robin's toys. He has no biological family, but Owl has one for some reason. My theory is that Disney just made a mistake. It's a plothole in the Pooh world. I know you don't want to hear this, but you shouldn't read too much into it. Plotholes are impossible to explain.
- John
stevecory

Post by stevecory »

Thanks for welcoming me and posting in here. I really appreciate it.

THINKING back on the Winnie the Pooh tv show, I have actually remembered what you are talking about, Pasta (at least I think so)

There is also something else about the show: Rabbit befriends a female bird who has a broken wing and has to stay in the H.A.W. in order to heal back up, and Rabbit gets close to this bird. Think her name was 'Emily' or something like that.

Yeah. If they were just stuffed animals, then Pooh eating honey makes no real sense (it doesn't need to. it is just a creative gag) ..... and Owl's family is an inconsistancy..... everything does indeed point to it being a plothole.
MinnieMe
Special Edition

Post by MinnieMe »

I agree with what the person replied to you on the other forum.

You're overanalyzing... and I think it's kind of ridiculous to join a forum (sorry, two forums) JUST to ask this question.

:roll:
anger is pointless
Special Edition

but isnt rabbit a real rabbit and isnt owl a real owl so they will have families but pooh tigger eyore kanga roo and piglet are toys

oh and i think the little girl bird was named tessi

oh and welcome to the board stevecory i hope you enjoy your stay
Last edited by anger is pointless on Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stevecory

Post by stevecory »

MinnieMe ---- I didn't join the forums JUST to ask this question. I plan on being active in both forums. You just severely jumped to conclusions. You don't have to single me out just because I'm new and exposed. Get over yourself.
MinnieMe
Special Edition

Post by MinnieMe »

stevecory wrote:MinnieMe ---- I didn't join the forums JUST to ask this question. I plan on being active in both forums. You just severely jumped to conclusions. You don't have to single me out just because I'm new and exposed. Get over yourself.
:lol:

I stand corrected.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

anger is pointless wrote:but isnt rabbit a real rabbit and isnt owl a real owl so they will have families but pooh tigger eyore kanga roo and piglet are toys
No, they're all toys. We see them in toy form in the beginning of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
- John
anger is pointless
Special Edition

oh ok i thought rabbit and owl are real cause they have no stitches anywere and they dont look like pooh eyore and kanga and roo doo
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Pasta67 wrote:Fi
I vaguely remember an episode of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh TV series where we actually see some of Owl's relatives come to visit. If I'm not imagining this episode, then that kinda cancels out that theory.
Well I don't think there was one, BUT there was an episode where Gopher's grandfather came!
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Timon/Pumba fan wrote:
Pasta67 wrote:I vaguely remember an episode of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh TV series where we actually see some of Owl's relatives come to visit. If I'm not imagining this episode, then that kinda cancels out that theory.
Well I don't think there was one, BUT there was an episode where Gopher's grandfather came!
No, there was an episode like that. I tracked down a summary. The episode was called Owl in the Family (lil' pun, there). Apparently, nobody actually believed that Owl had a family, but Pooh proved them wrong.

http://www.bcdb.com/bcdb/cartoon.cgi?film=32141&m=s
- John
stevecory

Post by stevecory »

Thanks for looking that up Pasta. :)
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Pasta67 wrote:
Timon/Pumba fan wrote:Well I don't think there was one, BUT there was an episode where Gopher's grandfather came!
No, there was an episode like that. I tracked down a summary. The episode was called Owl in the Family (lil' pun, there). Apparently, nobody actually believed that Owl had a family, but Pooh proved them wrong.

http://www.bcdb.com/bcdb/cartoon.cgi?film=32141&m=s
Okay, I stand corrected. But the episode I mentioned about Gopher's Grandfather also exists:

http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon_synopsis/32 ... cheme.html
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Tigger's family are dead and I thought that they were delicious. :)
vagabond1066

Re:

Post by vagabond1066 »

anger is pointless wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:46 pm its because hes the only one there are no other tiggers
In Pooh's Heffalump Movie, there was a portrait of some of Tigger's family.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/winni ... 0727120844
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Re: what DID happen to Tigger's family?

Post by twihard »

so I never got why this was such a big question. cuz nobody asks if Piglet has a family or Pooh. Or who Roo's father is. Only relatives are the endless relations Wol (inside joke) has and Rabbit's actual friends and relations from the books.