X-Men: The Last Stand

All topics on all things Marvel.
Hogi Bear
Special Edition
Location: New Zealand - Population: 60+ Million Sheep Origin: Unknown

X-Men: The Last Stand

Post by Hogi Bear »

If anyones interested in seeing the first glimpse of the new X-Men movie, here's the first trailer (I think). I haven't seen it yet though, I hope it's good.

http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-me ... r_h320.mov (4.3 MB - Small)
http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-me ... r_h480.mov (9.8 MB - Medium)
http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-me ... _h640w.mov (14 MB - Large)
http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-me ... _h480p.mov (29.6 MB - 480p)
http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-me ... _h720p.mov (68.5 MB - 720p)
http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-me ... h1080p.mov (120 MB - 1080p)

Enjoy
Last edited by Hogi Bear on Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No signature needed - Kyoto Animation put out some beautiful animation
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

*peels eyeballs off monitor and closes dropped jaw* HELL YEAH!
anger is pointless
Special Edition

Post by anger is pointless »

i downloaded it but i cant play it rats
GO WIDE SCREEN AND SEE THE WHOLE MOVIE THE WAY IT WAS INTENDED
Hogi Bear
Special Edition

Post by Hogi Bear »

You need Quicktime 7 to plays these, Quicktime 6 and below won't do it.

Alternatively, try VLC, it actually plays these better than Quicktime does.

http://www.videolan.org it's on the front page 9.2 MB (for Windows).

or http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/video ... -win32.exe
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

Wow. Way more footage than you typically see in these advanced teaser trailers.

Looks like a few "old favourites" will be making their introductions in this film, and the X franchise might be the first "good trilogy" of the new superhero films.

Looking forward to it!
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
SofaKing381222
Anniversary Edition

Post by SofaKing381222 »

WoW! Soooo freakin' Aweosme!!! I cant wait! Loved the first two!
We need season sets of all DCOSs and all DCOMs on DVD! And Better Cover Art!

My DVD's / My Space
Prince Eric
Anniversary Edition

Post by Prince Eric »

Awesome trailer! My most anticipated 2006 movie after Dreamgirls! The effects and style of the movie are definately different from the previous two movies directed by Bryan Singer (sp?). I like the fact that they're adding more characters and that Storm will have a much larger role int he series. :)
The Top 10 Films of 2005:
1) Brokeback Mountain 2) The Squid and the Whale 3) Me And You And Everyone We Know 4) The New World 5) A History of Violence 6) Match Point 7) Munich 8.) Crash 9) Wallace and Gromit 10) Pride & Prejudice
BonusMage
Gold Classic Collection

Post by BonusMage »

Prince Eric wrote:Storm will have a much larger role in the series. :)
Finally she is using that cape and flying! :shock:

I can't wait for this film, see my new avatar. :D
Beast looks great, the actor playing Angel has totally changed from what I remember him in Six Feet Under.
Hogi Bear
Special Edition

Post by Hogi Bear »

MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

I saw the trailer at my Bally's gym and thought it was great!!!

I really think that Professor X is going to die in the thrid part.
Also I wonder how the Magneto and Wolverine spin-off movie is going to be like.
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
Beast

Post by Beast »

MickeyMousePal wrote:Also I wonder how the Magneto and Wolverine spin-off movie is going to be like.
The Wolverine movie hasn't really been developed yet, but the Magneto movie will be a prequel.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Well, if the first 2 had not have been so unbelievably horrible - I might think that there's some hope for this film. Alas, there is none...
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Lazario wrote:Well, if the first 2 had not have been so unbelievably horrible - I might think that there's some hope for this film. Alas, there is none...
Horrible? In what sense? From a general moviegoer's perspective or from a comic-book-fan perspective?

As a person vaguely familiar with X-Men (I probably knew everything from a summer watching the cartoon series), I thought the two movies so far were pretty good. Though I'm not a big fan of Wolverine. Too much time was spent on him in both movies.

Anyways, I probably wouldn't care much for a Wolverine movie, but the Magneto prequel sounds interesting.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Beast

Post by Beast »

Lazario wrote:Well, if the first 2 had not have been so unbelievably horrible - I might think that there's some hope for this film. Alas, there is none...
As a huge comic book fan, I felt the first two were fairly good adaptions. Sure I would have liked to have seen the 'Original Five' used in the first movie, it probably wouldn't have been as much of a financial success. The second film was better than the first of course, given it used 'God Loves, Man Kills' as the source material for the film. I do have some serious worries about X-3, given the info that has leaked out, but I think it will be entertaining anyway. And I'm looking forward to seeing Beast in action. :)
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

I really am not as excited about this one as I was about the second one. It just looks like more of the same. The one thing that's always lacking is a big villian like the Spider-Man movies & Batman movies have. There really is always just the X-Men against the government and Magneto now for the 3rd time.
Beast

Post by Beast »

Lucylover1986 wrote:I really am not as excited about this one as I was about the second one. It just looks like more of the same. The one thing that's always lacking is a big villian like the Spider-Man movies & Batman movies have. There really is always just the X-Men against the government and Magneto now for the 3rd time.
Well, the X-Men's villian gallery doesn't have a very diverse group of non-fan recognizable names. Government groups or Magneto was the core of their conflict over the years. Beyond them, I can't really see a villain or villains that would fit in the more realistic feel of the films. Plus the films were concieved as a trilogy. So you have X1: Magneto, X2: Stryker and Magneto, X3: Magneto and Dark Phoenix.
Lucylover1986
Special Edition

Post by Lucylover1986 »

Yeah, that's the only thing I don't like about the X-Men comics and movies. I like the big villians.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Escapay wrote:Horrible? In what sense? From a general moviegoer's perspective or from a comic-book-fan perspective?
Definitely a movie-goer's. The only good anything-adaptation of the X-Men was the animated series on Fox Kids! Saturday/morning programs.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
Beast

Post by Beast »

Lazario wrote:
Escapay wrote:Horrible? In what sense? From a general moviegoer's perspective or from a comic-book-fan perspective?
Definitely a movie-goer's. The only good anything-adaptation of the X-Men was the animated series on Fox Kids! Saturday/morning programs.
Totally have to disagree here. The first movie was made to appeal to the general moviegoer first, and then the comic book fan. That's why there was a greater emphasis on Wolverine for the films, because even non-fans have heard of Wolvie. It wouldn't have been as commercially successful as it was, if it didn't draw in the general moviegoer. Yes, the X-Men Animated series was a more faithful adaption becuase for the most part it actually adapted full comic stories, only making small changes because of the different cast.
Spongebob Squarepants
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spongebob Squarepants »

This is another movie I can't wait for this Summer! I'm a big X-Men fan and I'm looking forward to see how they do with the Phoenix Saga. I hate that Nightcrawler won't be in this one..but we got Angel and Beast. :)
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus,and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved"-Romans 10:9.