X-Men: The Last Stand

All topics on all things Marvel.
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

MickeyMousePal wrote:I agree with DVDjunkie I know I haven't seen it but I will tonight or tomorrow. Many critics didn't like Daredevil and it was a great film but not excellent.
Umm. Daredevil is in the same league with movies like Wing Commander, Catwoman, Batman Forever/& Robin, Superman 3 and 4, Jaws:The Revenge and a whole host of others... namely, some of the worst things ever committed to celluloid in the past 80 years.

Honestly, I didn't really care for this movie at all... I dunno if it was the new director or what, but it just didn't do anything for me. They either killed or neutered every half-decent character the last 2 movies had.

Magneto is one of the better-acted and less clichéd movie villains to have been around in the past 15 or 20 years, and he's taken down by something as pathetic as that? At least Mystique went down for something she believed in, and with some kind of honour (however skewed).

Professor X was also a character who could've turned out stupid, but Patrick Stewart did a great job acting him. Dying trying to help Jean I can respect... but it's all pretty meaningless when she ends up dead, anyway, isn't it? I mean, did they need to use all four of those vials of serum on Magneto? Couldn't Wolverine have held onto one or two and used it on Jean instead of slicing her up? Geez. She might've been powerless, but at least she'd be alive (and sane)... and Xavier had already made it quite clear he cared about her quality of life more than her power.

To be honest, I couldn't have cared less Cyclops bought it. He's always been an incredibly dull character, even in the old cartoon he was a square.

And I couldn't figure out why Angel was in there at all... just for that obligatory happy-family-time bulls**t at the end, so we can see he doesn't hold a grudge against his bigot of a father? Who cares.

At first I was hoping the whole cure thing was some kind of prelude to Apocalypse, similar to the 90s cartoon where he set up that fake mutant cure centre to lure in people for his Horsemen. Also, Apocalypse would've been a good match for the Phoenix. But of course, we can't have that.

All in all, a very dissapointing movie in a formerly great franchise.
Spongebob Squarepants
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spongebob Squarepants »

Zoltack wrote:I watched this movie yesterday and I gotta say it was worst than how I imagine it. I thought the scene in the end was too short, the plot really didn't develope much and I wanted to see more fighting!!! But I have to admit that this movie is more dramatic than the others.
How can you say you wanted more fighting when there was more action in this one than the other two?

And TM2-Megatron,Magneto hasn't lost of all his power..just look at the scene before the credits.

:)
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus,and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved"-Romans 10:9.
Zoltack
Collector's Edition

Post by Zoltack »

Spongebob Squarepants wrote: How can you say you wanted more fighting when there was more action in this one than the other two?
That's true but I wanted more! :P
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

Spongebob Squarepants wrote:And TM2-Megatron,Magneto hasn't lost of all his power..just look at the scene before the credits.
Yeah, but he seems capable of practically nothing now... twitching a chess piece is a far cry from ripping the golden gate bridge off the ground a moving it to alcatraz island.

Since the serum only suppresses the mutant gene as opposed to eliminating it, there's a chance that the more powerful (Type 4+, maybe, since we were also suddenly saddled with an afore-unmentioned mutant classification system) mutants could eventually recover their power.

I was actually curious to see Wolverine get hit with the serum... whether or not his advanced immune system would've fought it off, creating antibodies in the process that could've cured the other mutants.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

I am reading the book right now and in there it says that if Wolverine would have been hit with the gerum it would have killed him. His healing ability is what keeps him alive, It is always having to heal his bodt from his Adamantium Skeleton. Without his power he would die in a heartbeat from it.

As for Magneto, I think that was only the start of his power coming back. My guess is the Serum wears off after some time.
Dark Knight Rulez
TM2-Megatron
Anniversary Edition

Post by TM2-Megatron »

memnv wrote:I am reading the book right now and in there it says that if Wolverine would have been hit with the gerum it would have killed him. His healing ability is what keeps him alive, It is always having to heal his bodt from his Adamantium Skeleton. Without his power he would die in a heartbeat from it.
Yeah, it was either one or the other. Personally, though, I'd rather what I said happen if he got hit. But I guess with this director, it's asking too much for something half-decent to happen.
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

I don't think it was up to the director who died, I believe that all falls in the hands of Stan Lee and Marvel comics.
Dark Knight Rulez
azul017
Special Edition

X-Men: The Last Stand on DVD 10/3

Post by azul017 »

From The Hollywood Reporter:
20th Century Fox Home Entertainment is expected to announce Friday that "X-Men: The Last Stand," which since its May 26 theatrical opening has grossed $233 million at the boxoffice, will arrive on DVD on Oct. 3 in two extras-laden special editions.

The highlight of the third "X-Men" movie's DVD debut: three alternative endings, each with optional commentary by director Brett Ratner. The single-disc DVD release also includes 10 deleted scenes; audio commentaries from Ratner, the writers and the producers; a preview of the upcoming Ben Stiller movie "A Night at the Museum;" and two hidden "Easter eggs," one of the Beast reciting Shakespeare and the other of the X-Jet landing in Washington.

Fox also is preparing a collector's edition that includes an exclusive 100-page commemorative book with an all-new story penned by Marvel Comics master Stan Lee. It is his first original Marvel Comics book in five years.

In addition, Fox is packaging all three "X-Men" movies into a trilogy pack.
Pretty snazzy. Now I can't wait for Warner Brothers to announce their Superman Returns DVD release...
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

On the same day as TLM?!?!?!?!?!!!! That's HORRIBLE!!!
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

No 2 Disc release?
Looks like, as with The Fantasic Four (and Ice Age 2) Fox is witholding content.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/HPO/3-/1004 ... oduct.html
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

2099net wrote:No 2 Disc release?
Looks like, as with The Fantasic Four (and Ice Age 2) Fox is witholding content.

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/HPO/3-/1004 ... oduct.html
Look closely at the quote. Both a single-disc and a 2-disc edition of X3 will be released on the same day.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

it doesn't say anthing about a 2 disc release. Just that the collectors edition has a comic.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

How much would the trilogy box set be in U.S. $?
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
The Little Merman
Anniversary Edition

Post by The Little Merman »

:o

Screw that! Sorry Warner Bros., but if you think I'm shelling out any more moola than I already am on the third of October. I'll be purchasing, let's see: 3 copies of stricly the Platinum Edition DVD (1 as pre-ordered with lithographs/plushies/pin [$29.99], 1 to keep un-opened [est. $16.99], 1 as a birthday present for a friend [est. $16.99]), and 1 copy of the Collector's Edition Gift Set, if available [$49.99]; all adding up to an estimated grand total of $113.96.

Too bad for those X-Men, because the only movie on my mine will be that of a fishy kind.

*tlm
azul017
Special Edition

Post by azul017 »

Oh, it seems that I was wrong about the single- and 2-disc edition releases -- there's only a single-disc edition being released (in separate anamorphic widescreen and full-screen editions). I think the collector's edition will just package the single-disc edition of X3 with the comic book, I don't think it'll be a 2-disc set.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

Fox is really getting on my nerves with their shameless double-dipping. I remember the days when they used to get DVD releases right the first time. Now I have to constantly avoid their first DVD issues because I know a better one will be on the way (although I'm still waiting for Fantastic Four and The Passion of the Christ...). I guess The Little Mermaid will be the only thing I'll be buying that day. Shame, too, since Fox would've gotten my money had they decided to do this release right the first time.
NarniaDis
Special Edition

Post by NarniaDis »

No 2 Disc!!!! :o

No money from me!!!
Im a riding on cloud Nine.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

This will be just a rental for me. I heard it was not as good as the first two films since someone else directed the third film
Isidour
Diamond Edition

Post by Isidour »

I don´t mind to buy the "single disc" editions. The imnportant stuff is the movie isn´t? :D
Harbinger
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Harbinger »