Wallace & Gromit

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Wallace & Gromit

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Wallace & Gromit's new Film is coming soon and I wondered what you think of W&G. also they are releasing the 3 short film on DVD (for the 3rd time) September but this time it will be from DreamWorks (who will distribute the new film and distributed Chicken Run) and will have the cracking contraptions shorts that aired on BBC (and were made to get them ready for the film) no word yet if any of the spectacular bonuses from the WB disc will be on the upcoming one.You can see the new discs (horrible) cover art here. http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0 ... &n=1&burl=

BTW Nick Park's Creature Comforts will also be coming from Columbia/Sony.

Wow I used ( ) 4 times in that :P .
Last edited by JiminyCrick91 on Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lightyear
Special Edition

Post by Lightyear »

I saw a W&G short on TV and loved it.. I wasn't aware of a movie release, but that's pretty cool.. I'd definately will look to see if I can find the DVD when it comes out of the shorts.
! !EBAY BOOTLEG'ERS! !
STDVDS : gasconsherri : haasenterprises : helppay4kidscollege : mtandk0614 : zoosed : sniperxray2 : moker04 : dvdtitan : jedsdvds4u : dvd_isle : ander_island : hollabrady : aikon83 : nowentertmt : tell_your_story
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

At the same link as above thay now have the menus for the new W&G DVD.

also http://www.wandg.com/ (the film site) has added 2 out of the 10 cracking contraptions shorts (which looks as if I may have to rebuy the DVD to get these but keep the last one because it was packed with extras well maby when the price drops.) they are in the video part of the site (as if you could not geuess :P )

And the cover art for Creature Comforts is here http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0 ... D4%26y%3D7 . It will have the frist 13 nine-minute episodes of the TV show and the original Creature Comforts short.
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

To say it as simple as possible : I LOVE Wallace and Gromit! They crack me up all the time. Even my parents like them alot!

Aside from the lame burp joke, the movie looks great. I really thought that lady rabbit was hilarious! :D

I have all the older edition of Wallace and Gromit on DVD so I don't need to double-dip! :roll:

I also want to get Chicken Run on DVD sometime soon since it was the only animated Dreamworks film I loved! :D
James
Anniversary Edition

Wallace and Gromit- Whats next for them?

Post by James »

This thread is for the discussion of Wallace and Gromit, and what the fans of this duo want to see next. It doesn't neccessarily have to be about Wallace and Gromit. It can be about future ventures for Aardman with either Chicken Run, Creature Comforts or Wallace and Gromit.
I want to see a sequel for Chicken Run, and perphaps a sequel for Wallace and Gromit-Curse of the Were Rabbit or even a TV Series.I've seen enough of Creature Comforts, with the 1989 short and the recent TV series.
Here is a quote from an Australian newspaper, The Daily Telegraph in an interview with Wallace and Gromit creator Nick Park talking about the future of Wallace and Gromit-
As for Wallace and Gromit's potential to rule Hollywood, Park is sanguine. He's merely a modest model-maker happier working in his studio than working a room.
"Maybe more feture films, maybe more shorts, I don't know yet because I need to take a bit of a mental break," he says. "If it is a success, I'm sure there will be talk of a sequel. I only want to do it because the idea demands to be made, not out of commercial reasons or public demand, because you've really got to believe in the project to keep at it for so long."
So when does Wallac and Gromit- The Curse of the Were Rabbit open in America? And what's everyone's thoughts on this topic?
-James
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Well I love W&G and cant wait for the movie but I DID make a thread for over all Wallace and Gromit. http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... ace+gromit Also the film goes to the US on Oct. 7th.
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Oh, sorry. Maybe Luke or someone could merge the two threads together?
-James
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

I think that when I eventually buy the Wallace and Gromit DVDs, I'll have to buy both editions, and with Creature Comforts, I'll buy the DVD with the short on itplus a few other shorts, and the first season.
-James
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Aardman (because really, they are not a Dreamworks company - more like Disney and Pixar) have the following projects at various stages of development:

Flushed Away
This is a CGI film (but with the traditional Nick Park 'look') about a pet rat who is flushed down into the sewers. It is no way a 'copy' of Pixar's upcoming Ratattoui as I point out Here. Aardman had the idea as early as 2000 (and I'm pretty sure I once read the initial idea was a result of working with the rats on Chicken Run so they could of have the idea as early as 1997!)

Flushed Away is actually being animated by Dreamworks/PDI (yes, Dreamworks own their animation partner) so I would guess Dreamworks are investing in the movie heavily.

The Tortoise and The Hare (could now be called simply Tortoise Vs Hare)

This is apparently back on again, after having work dramatically stopped for 'story problems'. I know nothing about the film, other than it seems to keep slipping (one suggestion is it now has been sidelined in order to get more commercial films finished, such as Wallace and Gromit).

Crude Awakening

This is a film written by John Monty Python Cleese and set in prehistoric times and featuring cavemen. This was announced at the Cannes Film Festival this May. Apparently the script by Cleese is already written and will explain the reason for the troubled relationship between the English and the French throughout history.

Wallace and Gromit - Beyond Were-Rabbit

Nick Park has gone on record that he would like to make more films with W&G (although this doesn't specify if they would be full feature movies or more shorts) and he would rather work on Wallace and Gromit film than any other Aardman film. So I think we can safely assume that W&G will be seen in more adventures in the future.

Creature Comforts

These have little to do with Nick Park these days, but a new series (the 2nd) but I'm not sure when it will be shown on ITV over here in the UK (the last series was sort of buried in a poor time-slot)

Planet Sketch

Not much is known about this. It seems like an animated Fast Show or Little Britain for kids. It will feature lots of animated sketches with regular characters and catchphrases, such as The Gnaughty Gnomes and Ninja Handyman. Again, I doubt Nick Park has much to do with this.

Rex the Runt

Sadly, no news on more Rex the Runt, not even a UK DVD release :(

I've merged this thread as requested.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Alice
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alice »

I Abso-Fucking-Loutely LOVE W&G!

but I hope it doesn't become popular with the "Hot Topic" crowd because since I'm a "Goth" (or should I say "Gawth") then when I say i like it people will think i'm following a stupid crowd/trend....

Example: tNBC, I LOVED (and still do) that movie ever since I was like 3 or 4,
but now that I say that people just think that I'm following the "Hot topic" crowd.
Alice coming back with POWER! POWER!
Spongebob Squarepants
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Spongebob Squarepants »

Watch the language! I too cain't for the Wallace and Gromit movie! I got the videos back when they first came out and have been waiting for this movie awhile! :D
"That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus,and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved"-Romans 10:9.
Mushu2083
Special Edition

Post by Mushu2083 »

Wallace and Gromit rocks! I love The Wrong Trousers. The only W&G DVD I have is called "The Incredible Adventures of Wallace & Gromit"
Dragon, not lizard. I don't do that tongue thing.

Lilo: I'm not touching you!
Stitch: TOUCHING ME!
James
Anniversary Edition

Post by James »

Wow, you like Wallace and Gromit too Alice?! I didn't think you would. And thanks for merging the two threads together 2099net. I'm lucky since Australia gets the movie earlier than you guys do- it came out on September 15th!
-James
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Well, I say there's no sign of Rex The Runt DVDs coming out in the UK, and then the BBFC only go and pass 27 minutes of Rex The Runt the next day!

As for Wallace and Gromit, the local supermarket is stacked high with W&G selection boxes for christmas!
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Here's a review of Curse of the Were-Rabbit, but be warned
It has a whopper of a spoiler

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/re ... 1001138708
ichabod
Diamond Edition

Post by ichabod »

2099net wrote:Rex the Runt

Sadly, no news on more Rex the Runt, not even a UK DVD release :(
It's almost as if someone was listening to you Netty!

REX THE RUNT Video
Feature
Classified 20 September, 2005 . Run Time 27m 58s

;)
punkoala

Wallace & Gromit

Post by punkoala »

Any other Wallace & Gromit / Aardman animation fans in here ?
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Welcome to UD punkoala!

While yes, I'm a huge fan of both, someone has already posted a thread about this: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=10224
blaing
Special Edition

Post by blaing »

So am I. :)

I haven't yet seen "Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit", but I intend to see this soon.
punkoala

Post by punkoala »

The film has been banned on the Isle Of Portland.

A gentleman from the isle was on the radio today and explained how the word rabbit is extremely taboo there.

Therefore a film with the title Curse of the Were Rabbit is considered in very bad taste

http://www.weymouth.gov.uk/main.asp?svi ... vapid=1356 explains the reason for their loathing of rabbits.