Steamboy

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Steamboy

Post by Maerj »

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/steamboy/

This is a new animated film coming March 18 from Katsuhiro Otomo, the guy who made the classic film Akira. It's looking really good, I just saw the trailer today. It looks like a retro future kinda thing, but check it out for yourselves.

Here is teh Japanese site:

http://www.steamboy.net It has a flash intro which is cool. this looks to be a traditional animation movie with some CG elements.
castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

I definately want to see this movie. I have yet to watch Akira, but everyone that has seen it says it is good!
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

castleinthesky wrote:I definately want to see this movie. I have yet to watch Akira, but everyone that has seen it says it is good!
Oh yeah, it was really a fantastic film. It attempted to condense his manga into just two hours...and what a two hours! When making the movie, he wanted Disney quality animation, not in style but as in full animation. You should definitely rent it.
Jack
Collector's Edition

Post by Jack »

Looks good. I probably won't see it in theaters, but it will be a definate DVD rental. I still have to see Akira too - I've only heard great things about it.
Little Red Henski
Special Edition

Post by Little Red Henski »

I saw the Steamboy trailer on my Tokyo Godfathers DVD. I heard they are going to release 2 different versions in the US. A Uncensored subtitled version & a Dubbed edited version. :?