To Kill A Mockingbird DVD

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

To Kill A Mockingbird DVD

Post by Sulley »

I know that many of you are fans of this film, so I decided to inform you that just last week (so the clerk told me) there was a price reduction on the CE DVD of To Kill A Mockingbird. Just picked it up for $14.98. :)
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

There's not a bigger fan than yours truely... but 15 bucks is what it's been going for a lot. I paid that much for my copy, and some people have found those in the Bargin Bins at WalMart sometimes, for 5 bucks... lucky them

Anyways.. thanks a bunch for the "update"
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Yeah, it had its SRP reduced to $19.99 quite a while ago.

I got it from Columbia House a few years ago, nonetheless, and it's a very good Collector's Edition. Universal really had them down years ago - American Graffiti, 12 Monkeys, Apollo 13, and this all have great documentaries. Now, it's often just a bunch of crap - the E.T. Limited Edition is rather a letdown from these.
jabroni76
Special Edition

Post by jabroni76 »

yes, the documentary was very well! I loved it and some of the other Universal ones...
Loomis
Signature Collection
Location: Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Post by Loomis »

That's a good looking set.
The only edition we have out here is barebones and very dodgy.
Might pick that one up at some stage.
Thanks for the tip...
Behind the Panels - Comic book news, reviews and podcast
The Reel Bits - All things film
Twitter - Follow me on Twitter
Sulley
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sulley »

You're Welcome, Loomis. :) I had to decide between Mockingbird and Graffitti, so naturally, I bought the cheaper one. :D I intend on buying American Graffitti one of these days, even though I've never seen it. I just saw National Lampoon's Animal House on an old, worn out VHS for the first time a few weeks ago. (We bought it from a old video store that went out of business. Naturally, it's been viewed a million times because of it's popularity. It and the old VHS I recently rented of The Jerk are responsible for the new graininess in our living room VCR. :roll: :) ) I found out that it's CE DVD is out of print, but to my luck, there's a Double Secret Probation Edition coming out next month.

250 and I'm still going strong. :D
What would this wretched world be like without Disney?
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

that's why i didnt by E.T. Limited Edition 2 disc set, i went all out there and got the 4 disc giftset of E.T.! with all the cool stuff :) :lol: i like universal but they're slacking on some of their releases. :evil:
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:that's why i didnt by E.T. Limited Edition 2 disc set, i went all out there and got the 4 disc giftset of E.T.! with all the cool stuff :) :lol: i like universal but they're slacking on some of their releases. :evil:
So would you recommend the purchse of the E.T. box, MMB?
I would buy it purely for the 1982 edition of the film, but $62 + ph translates to a lot of money, especially after exchange rate etc...

REALLY want this one though. Are the extras bountiful and worth it?

Comments anyone?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

I had the Gift Set pre-ordered at a misprice of around $28. And I'm glad I cancelled it and saved $10 or so. If only for the fact that Universal conned us all into thinking that would be the only way to get the original theatical cut of the film. I like "E.T." a lot, but I wouldn't have been interested in the book, soundtrack, and other stuff if we all hadn't been misled by Universal, whose face-saving was apparently at the request of Spielberg. You'd think they could have released a revised press release or something.
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

Luke wrote:I had the Gift Set pre-ordered at a misprice of around $28. And I'm glad I cancelled it and saved $10 or so. If only for the fact that Universal conned us all into thinking that would be the only way to get the original theatical cut of the film. I like "E.T." a lot, but I wouldn't have been interested in the book, soundtrack, and other stuff if we all hadn't been misled by Universal, whose face-saving was apparently at the request of Spielberg. You'd think they could have released a revised press release or something.
Excuse my ignorance Luke, or perhaps I am misreading.
Are you saying the original cut of the film is available outside the $60 set?
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

Loomis wrote:Excuse my ignorance Luke, or perhaps I am misreading.
Yes, it's available on all DVD versions, including the $29.99 SRP 2-Disc "Limited Collector's Edition." Which is good enough for me. It's on Disc 2, which is really the only disc I watch.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Luke wrote:
Loomis wrote:Excuse my ignorance Luke, or perhaps I am misreading.
Yes, it's available on all DVD versions, including the $29.99 SRP 2-Disc "Limited Collector's Edition." Which is good enough for me. It's on Disc 2, which is really the only disc I watch.
But that's only on the R1 2-disc sets.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

Loomis wrote:
MickeyMouseboy wrote:that's why i didnt by E.T. Limited Edition 2 disc set, i went all out there and got the 4 disc giftset of E.T.! with all the cool stuff :) :lol: i like universal but they're slacking on some of their releases. :evil:
So would you recommend the purchse of the E.T. box, MMB?
I would buy it purely for the 1982 edition of the film, but $62 + ph translates to a lot of money, especially after exchange rate etc...

REALLY want this one though. Are the extras bountiful and worth it?

Comments anyone?
I personally think is better than the 2 disc set it has more features than the 2 disc set. cause it has 3 discs plus the soundtrack (makes the 4th disc) the book is awesome and so is the piece of film (sericell). if you are a collector this is so worth it! if you just dont care about this items or having more bonus features you can go for the 2 disc. but i really liked the box and the stuff in it so is not like your getting ripped off you do get more features on the discs than 2 disc set but it just depends on your pocket :)

go here loomis http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... =8522#8522 i put together a comparison for you! :)
Loomis
Signature Collection

Post by Loomis »

MickeyMouseboy wrote:

go here loomis http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... =8522#8522 i put together a comparison for you! :)
You are too too kind MMB....
Will check out now!
Thanks a lot! :D