Wish

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Wish

Post by Sotiris »

Wish debuted at #4 on Nielsen's overall streaming chart and at #1 on the movie streaming chart.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/nielse ... 235693657/

During its second week, Wish fell to at #10 on Nielsen's overall streaming chart, but remained #1 on the movie streaming chart.

Source: https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/nielse ... 235693657/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Disney lost over $130 million on Wish.

Source: https://deadline.com/2024/05/biggest-bo ... 235902825/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Even Disney admits that Asha's main goal was to make chaos:
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Sat May 04, 2024 6:47 am Even Disney admits that Asha's main goal was to make chaos:
I know that you hate the movie, but Jesus Christ! Whatโ€™s your problem? One of the many things I cannot tolerate in life is this kind of cynical, out of context, recontextualized Kind of humour or even statement. You overall know this is not what they overall mean, you are merely framing and contextualizing it to go along with you what you feel about the movie!

And may I just say a few other things about the movie. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe one of the reasons why a lot of people donโ€™t like magnifico is because itโ€™s been so long since there has been a traditional Disney villain, That people are to conditioned into sympathizing for the villain, hence their overall feelings towards Asha being the villain instead of truly knowing the difference between good and evil, especially paying attention to a lot of subtle and even not so subtle clues that are always overall there?

It also disturbs me that people donโ€™t overall understand the movie. And arguments with me here and on YouTube is that people need to realize that sometimes not getting what you directly want/things not working out can lead to some of the very best things. That may be still overall or at least somewhat true, but the key is itโ€™s not EVERY single time. Not everyone can be OK or conditioned into not having what they truly want especially if itโ€™s something so grand and so overall connected to who they truly are not work out. Not everyone is like Mike Wazowski, Who also by the way like a lot of other things in life Got lucky. Not everyone has the gull/Drive let alone overall ability/opportunity to be able to have their dreams still come through. Not everyone can truly be OK with having the bear necessities and basic needs. Yes, itโ€™s nice being able to live there โ€œrent freeโ€, But come on! You very well or I would surely hope surely know that you will never ever be happy in life with just that. I mean whatโ€™s the point of being able to have privileges and or writes like that, let alone having a lot of money and a lot of whatever if you canโ€™t truly enjoy/truly do what you wanna do? No matter what you do, YOU have to truly like it! And it seems like you and or others are focussing and emphasizing more on what other people want for you instead of what YOU truly want for yourself. Yes, other people matter but do you see what Iโ€™m getting at? Being selfless can also be just as bad or worse than being selfish, heck Iโ€™d even say most the time itโ€™s even the latter, because itโ€™s YOUR Life. YOUR Feelings.YOUR Values.YOUR Time etc. why on earth would you ever, ever ever ever ever want to spend one fraction of a second not truly being YOU. Thatโ€™s what life is always truly about. Thatโ€™s what gives meaning to literally everything. Itโ€™s what our hearts are all made of. Thatโ€™s what the movie is trying to say. Heck, thatโ€™s what Disney has always been trying to say, even with variants like what they did in monsters University, but much like how you praise that for being unique and trying something different with that kind of thing, ironically which is that seems to be what they are trying to say here, But again in reverse and in a more poignant and directly relevant to Disney (in case you forgot, monsters University is Pixar NOT Disney, there is a big difference). Especially when you also consider that this is supposed to be for Disneyโ€™s 100th anniversary, it wouldnโ€™t be Disney without this kind of thing, regardless of Pixar technically being Disney, but do you get what I mean?
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Sat May 04, 2024 6:47 am Even Disney admits that Asha's main goal was to make chaos:
I know that you hate the movie, but Jesus Christ! Whatโ€™s your problem? One of the many things I cannot tolerate in life is this kind of cynical, out of context, recontextualized Kind of humour or even statement. You overall know this is not what they overall mean, you are merely framing and contextualizing it to go along with you what you feel about the movie!

And may I just say a few other things about the movie. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe one of the reasons why a lot of people donโ€™t like magnifico is because itโ€™s been so long since there has been a traditional Disney villain, That people are to conditioned into sympathizing for the villain, hence their overall feelings towards Asha being the villain instead of truly knowing the difference between good and evil, especially paying attention to a lot of subtle and even not so subtle clues that are always overall there?

It also disturbs me that people donโ€™t overall understand the movie. And arguments with me here and on YouTube is that people need to realize that sometimes not getting what you directly want/things not working out can lead to some of the very best things. That may be still overall or at least somewhat true, but the key is itโ€™s not EVERY single time. Not everyone can be OK or conditioned into not having what they truly want especially if itโ€™s something so grand and so overall connected to who they truly are not work out. Not everyone is like Mike Wazowski, Who also by the way like a lot of other things in life Got lucky. Not everyone has the gull/Drive let alone overall ability/opportunity to be able to have their dreams still come through. Not everyone can truly be OK with having the bear necessities and basic needs. Yes, itโ€™s nice being able to live there โ€œrent freeโ€, But come on! You very well or I would surely hope surely know that you will never ever be happy in life with just that. I mean whatโ€™s the point of being able to have privileges and or writes like that, let alone having a lot of money and a lot of whatever if you canโ€™t truly enjoy/truly do what you wanna do? No matter what you do, YOU have to truly like it! And it seems like you and or others are focussing and emphasizing more on what other people want for you instead of what YOU truly want for yourself. Yes, other people matter but do you see what Iโ€™m getting at? Being selfless can also be just as bad or worse than being selfish, heck Iโ€™d even say most the time itโ€™s even the latter, because itโ€™s YOUR Life. YOUR Feelings.YOUR Values.YOUR Time etc. why on earth would you ever, ever ever ever ever want to spend one fraction of a second not truly being YOU. Thatโ€™s what life is always truly about. Thatโ€™s what gives meaning to literally everything. Itโ€™s what our hearts are all made of. Thatโ€™s what the movie is trying to say. Heck, thatโ€™s what Disney has always been trying to say, even with variants like what they did in monsters University, but much like how you praise that for being unique and trying something different with that kind of thing, ironically which is that seems to be what they are trying to say here, But again in reverse and in a more poignant and directly relevant to Disney (in case you forgot, monsters University is Pixar NOT Disney, there is a big difference). Especially when you also consider that this is supposed to be for Disneyโ€™s 100th anniversary, it wouldnโ€™t be Disney without this kind of thing, regardless of Pixar technically being Disney, but do you get what I mean?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

It was a joke. What that was made by Disney...
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Upgrading Wishs lyrics.
https://youtu.be/8S9tsRRa8Bc?si=nDeBDe_LdqMgiKXp (Rosas song)
https://youtu.be/V-npkWxzZhY?si=I3aAI_pPz5OkFyO5
(This is the thanks i get)
He did a really good job :)

Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 pm Not everyone is like Mike Wazowski,
What on earth has Mike Wazowski to do with this :?
Patricier21 wrote: โ†‘Sat May 04, 2024 5:17 pm And it seems like you and or others are focussing and emphasizing more on what other people want for you instead of what YOU truly want for yourself. Yes, other people matter but do you see what Iโ€™m getting at? Being selfless can also be just as bad or worse than being selfish, heck Iโ€™d even say most the time itโ€™s even the latter, because itโ€™s YOUR Life. YOUR Feelings.YOUR Values.YOUR Time etc. why on earth would you ever, ever ever ever ever want to spend one fraction of a second not truly being YOU.
You just described Asha.
Also It was just a funny harmless joke and u should atleast let people laugh about it instead of getting emotional when people critizise Disney, ESPECIALLY when they offer good reasonings for it. Wish was indeed a boring, predictable movie with forgettable characters that had really nothing to do than to hate on the King to show what a "horrible monster" he is... :)

Im Sorry in advance if I came off as too mean Patricier21 :)
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

I went to Disneyland Paris last month and all the Wish merchandise was 50% off. Even with that all the shelves were full of merchandise and nobody was buying anything from the movie. They even have a whole shop for the movie merchandise in Walt Disney Studios. This shop was used to sell Frozen 2 merchandise too a few years ago. They also had discounts on this collection but it sold really well.
Asha was in the new "splash of colors" parade but kids didn't look excited about her like they did with other characters when their movie was released. I remember that with Tiana kids were really excited and she had a long queue in her meet and greet. I only saw 2 girls wearing Asha's costume.
Honestly I don't know how are they going to sell all this merch. They are going to have problems to get rid of it even selling it with a 70% of discount.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I have a Disney Store outlet about 1.5/2 hours from me, and I really hope I can find the big Star plush on clearance there the next time I visit. I think the MSRP was $40 or $50, so no way I would buy it without a discounted price. I think thatโ€™s the only thing that I want, but I might consider the dolls if I find those on clearance, too. Actually, the last time I went to this outlet was around Black Friday and they had the merch then, too, and I thought to myself, โ€œIโ€™m just going to wait till itโ€™s on clearanceโ€ฆโ€ lol
Thumper_93
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Thumper_93 »

UmbrellaFish wrote: โ†‘Fri May 10, 2024 2:57 am I have a Disney Store outlet about 1.5/2 hours from me, and I really hope I can find the big Star plush on clearance there the next time I visit. I think the MSRP was $40 or $50, so no way I would buy it without a discounted price. I think thatโ€™s the only thing that I want, but I might consider the dolls if I find those on clearance, too. Actually, the last time I went to this outlet was around Black Friday and they had the merch then, too, and I thought to myself, โ€œIโ€™m just going to wait till itโ€™s on clearanceโ€ฆโ€ lol
The doll set was on sale at Disneyland Paris too. It was 50% and a friend of mine is cast member so I had an additional 25% of discount too but I already had Asha and the rest of the characters are not so important to have their dolls.They are cute but I don't have space for them. However the quality is really good.
I get the loungefly for only 30% because it's really cute.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Geez, I know a lot of people didnโ€™t like Wish, but the fact that hardly anybody is buying the merchandise is a whole new level of disheartening. :(
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I only buy Walt era character merch and even THAT I rarely purchase anymore at this point in my life.
Iโ€™d rather spend my money on restaurants and travel.

This past winter I did purchases 3 sweatshirts with original release poster artwork from Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty on the front. Thatโ€™s the kind of Disney merch (adult menโ€™s clothing) that might still interest me.