Most anticipated Disney movie of 2025

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Most anticipated Disney movie of 2025

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's movie slate for 2025 has been released. Which movies are you looking forward to the most?

Theatrical

Captain America: Brave New World โ€” February 14, 2025
Untitled Disney Live-Action โ€” March 07, 2025
Snow White โ€” March 21, 2025
The Amateur โ€” April 11, 2025
Thunderbolts โ€” May 02, 2025
Untitled Disney Live-Action โ€” May 23, 2025
Elio โ€” June 13, 2025
Fantastic Four โ€” July 25, 2025
Tron: Ares โ€” October 10, 2025
Blade โ€” November 07, 2025
Zootopia 2 โ€” November 26, 2025
Ella McCay โ€” TBA 2025
Rental Family โ€” TBA 2025
A Complete Unknown โ€” TBA 2025
Deliver Me from Nowhere โ€” TBA 2025

Streaming

Badlands โ€” TBA 2025
Eenie Meanie โ€” TBA 2025
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: Most anticipated Disney movie of 2025

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Iโ€™ll turn 30 this year. And Disneyland will turn 70! Would be a great year to visit for the first timeโ€ฆ I wonder if theyโ€™ll heave a bigger celebration for their 70th or 75th anniversary? Traditionally itโ€™s the 75th but Disney is anniversary crazy right now and who knows what the company will look like in 2030.

Back on topicโ€ฆ

James Cameron always delivers so Avatar: The Seed Bearer.

I need to see more from WDAS to get really excited for their 2025 release.

Elio looks cute and the America Ferreraโ€™s role sounds similar to her part in Barbie.

Iโ€™m excited for the costumes and sets in Snow White.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

WDAS's 2025 film. Same reasons that I've posted in the Most Aniticipated Disney Movie of 2024 thread. I think there will be a D23 Expo next year so that film's premise will hopefully and surely be revealed there.

Avatar: The Seed Bearer because I loved the sequel, very good-looking movie and James Cameron always delivers in those movies.
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The WDAS film. After that, probably Moana. I think it might improve on the film in some ways (Johnson appearing as himself is already one, imo). It'll be interesting to hear someone new cover "How Far I'll Go," too.

I'll see Elio and SW on Disney+, of course. I was more interested in Elio before its teaser; still interested, but more skeptical now. SW--for Gal Gadot and the music (even if it's just pop music, could be okay).

I have Avatar 2 saved on the DVR to watch, have for a while, but I still haven't got around to it yet. I've felt sort of burned out a little the past six months or so, I hadn't really watched many movies. And with Avatar 2, I feel like I should watch the first again before I get to enjoy it properly since it's been so long since I've seen the original, and then they're both 3 hours. I've heard it was good though and the first one was decent, so I expect the third will be worth seeing. At least there won't be as long a wait for me to see 3 once I finally get around to 2, like the wait between the first and second films. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Untitled Disney Animation...is 2024 the fantasy one, so maybe 2025 is Zootopia 2?? Super excited whatever it is!

Elio- I'm really excited for this; I liked the teaser trailer a lot.

Avatar for sure; I love those movies.

I've been getting more into the MCU lately; I never saw the original Blade but maybe it'll be worth a watch. Same with Fantastic Four, actually.

Are all of these untitled Disney movies actually Disney, or could they be 20th Century or Marvel or Lucasfilm? If there's a live action, non-remake, non-sports Disney movie, I'm super excited. I'm excited for more Star Wars movies too and I'll take Marvel as well.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

blackcauldron85 wrote: โ†‘Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:40 pm Untitled Disney Animation...is 2024 the fantasy one, so maybe 2025 is Zootopia 2?? Super excited whatever it is!

Elio- I'm really excited for this; I liked the teaser trailer a lot.

Avatar for sure; I love those movies.

I've been getting more into the MCU lately; I never saw the original Blade but maybe it'll be worth a watch. Same with Fantastic Four, actually.
Oh yeah, Fantastic Four! Thatโ€™s another Disney movie Iโ€™m highly anticipating aside from WDASโ€™s 2025 film. Also, I think itโ€™s sooooo unlikely that it would be Zootopia 2 since it and Frozen 3 just started development this year and they had their first test screening reported by Grace Randolph. If it does get released on 2025, the movie would be very rushed. I really think itโ€™s an original film, at least I HOPE so because if notโ€ฆ :(
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

WDAS film. Then Elio (which is a bummer to wait for so long)... I might see Moana if they don't butcher the songs and there isn't a new scuttlebutt... might not even see the rest
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Right now, my ranking is the following:

1) Snow White
2) Moana
3) Zootopia 2
4) Elio
5) Avatar 3
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

1. Elio
2. Zootopia 2
3. Avatar 3
4. Snow White
5. Moana (live-action)
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Regarding disney, Im only looking forward to Zootopia 2, so i have to sprinkleโœจ๏ธShrek here too

Must see (imo):
1. Shrek 5 (rumored) I love the franshise and how they even can get serious with its story and characters (like in Shrek 4).
2. Zootopia 2 (the only Revival flick where I really wanted a sequel)

Meh:
3. Snow White
4. Elio
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Iโ€™m gleefully anticipating Snow Whiteโ€™s bombing at the box office and hopefully putting the final nail in the coffin โšฐ๏ธ of Zeglerโ€™s sinking career!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm sure Zegler will be alright to some degree? Surely she could move to Broadway or something even if she didn't get major film roles anymore. I don't hate her even if I find her much more unlikable than Bailey. Still, the one good thing is SW's failure will open their eyes to the fact that people won't be coming out for the remakes that make the main characters unrecognizable or the films completely unlike the original and course correct for Hercules, Moana, etc. But, for whatever it's worth, I actually think Snow White here looks more like SW from the animated film than Ariel in that film's remake did--at least the hair is the same color and the dress is the same. Ariel didn't have red hair, the tail was hideous, and none of the character's outfits were re-created (and their new ones were all awful).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney has revealed that Tron: Ares will be released in 2025. However, they did not specify which of the three reserved spots for Disney live-action films, one in March, one in May, and one in August, it will occupy. Does the addition of a Tron installment in 2025's slate change your rankings in any way?
blackcauldron85

I do like the Tron movies and I'm looking forward to the new one, but I love the Avatar films so I'll add Tron to the end of my previous ranking:

Elio, Zootopia 2, Avatar 3, Tron: Ares
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I can't say I'm really excited about any of these. I'll watch Zootopia 2 because I like Ginnifer Goodwin and I might check Snow White, Moana, Elio and Avatar 3.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The slate for 2025 has been updated. Currently, the only movies I'm kind of interested in is Snow White, Tron: Ares, and Avatar 3.
PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Elio and Avatar 3 are the only ones safely on my list at the moment. I have question marks around Zootopia 2 and Thunderbolts.

I currently have an ulcer named after the Snow White remake.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I plan to go to Snow White (mostly just for Gal Gadot), Elio, Zootopia 2 and Avatar 3.
blackcauldron85

Sotiris and PatchofBlue, how come you're not excited for Zootopia 2? Not judging, just curious!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I didn't care for the original. In general, I'm not fond of anthropomorphic animal films.