Moana 2

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Re: Moana 2

Post by Vlad »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:59 pm Full look at 19-year old Moana in โ€œMoana 2โ€ from CinemaCon.

https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/stat ... 1722702083
She looks so different, like a younger version of her mother. I think she looks better than in the first movie.

I also read about the footage presented at CinemaCon, the song sounds pretty great. I just hope that her winning the boat race with her father will not be cringy. :lol: Also, the idea of the villager singing about her adventures in the first film sounds kinda cool; I assume they'll show us flashbacks as the song will play.

To be quite honest, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Maui, because he was the most interesting character, and he had the best song on the soundtrack.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Farerb wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:34 amI think it's ridiculous that they feel the need to recap the original in their sequels now, even the DTVs didn't do it and now people can catch the originals easily.
It is ridiculous. Especially since they already did that in Frozen 2. Are they planning to recap the original in every sequel they do from now on? :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:12 am Bob Igerโ€™s part during the earnings call said Moana 2 takes place 3 years after the original.
MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:11 am It's stated here in this article from the Walt Disney Company themselves The Disneynerd:
In Walt Disney Animation Studiosโ€™ all-new epic animated musical, Moana 2, three years since her first voyage, Moana is on an expansive journey in search of people beyond the shores of Motunui.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/moana-2-disney/
Thanks guys! (also yay shes as old as me :kermit: )
D23ExpoVisitor25 wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:59 pm Full look at 19-year old Moana in โ€œMoana 2โ€ from CinemaCon.

https://twitter.com/BrandonDavisBD/stat ... 1722702083
Ok now i can see her looking a bit different, Imo she looks better than in the first :)
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:34 am I think it's ridiculous that they feel the need to recap the original in their sequels now, even the DTVs didn't do it and now people can catch the originals easily.
Cinderella 3 and Jungle Book 2 did it, but I think their recap was likable and a good way to get into the movie, the only problematic and awkward one was Olafs recap in Frozen 2, it was too long, out of place and made the story look so ridiculous :roll: ...

I think Moana 2 Prolouge could be actually good and if its in the same style as Talas Prolouge about Maui, with animated tapestry, told as if its a legend.
Farerb wrote: โ†‘Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:23 pm At one point, a character asks: 'Do we have to sing?' Everyone promptly responds: 'Yes, we have to sing.'"
Atleast they are faithful to the original with that, as Maui said: "If you start singing, im gonna throw up" :P :huh:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:42 amCinderella 3 and Jungle Book 2 did it, but I think their recap was likable and a good way to get into the movie,
Agreed. And Peter Pan: Return to NeverLand somewhat did it as well in it`s prologue. Despite not being a direct recap, it was summarizing it`s characters and situations.
the only problematic and awkward one was Olafs recap in Frozen 2, it was too long, out of place and made the story look so ridiculous :roll: ...
Agreed. It was essentially one of the mistakes of the movie for those reasons that you`ve mentioned: It was too long and felt out of place. I always cringed when I saw it theatrically or with my friends.

Disney shows off โ€œstunning visualsโ€ from Moana 2 at CinemaCon
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 71926/amp/
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

This still just reads like a direct-to-streaming project. Maybe it wonโ€™t be as cringe as it sounds but I doubt that.

I guess it will take a while before recent shakeups at executive levels will start to be reflected in the quality of the movies.

Moana 2 wonโ€™t be great based on how things have been going at Disney the last few years. If it doesnโ€™t suck then thatโ€™s really against all odds.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

PatrickvD wrote: โ†‘Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:22 pm This still just reads like a direct-to-streaming project. Maybe it wonโ€™t be as cringe as it sounds but I doubt that.

I guess it will take a while before recent shakeups at executive levels will start to be reflected in the quality of the movies.

Moana 2 wonโ€™t be great based on how things have been going at Disney the last few years. If it doesnโ€™t suck then thatโ€™s really against all odds.
You know, itโ€™s not a good idea to be cynical about this movie. That never makes it better in the end.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I don't think that's the point, is to not get our hopes up only to be disappointed.
friendoftheotherside

Post by friendoftheotherside »

friendoftheotherside wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:35 pm
bulgaross wrote: โ†‘Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:29 pm first look at the new characters :| :milkbuds:

Iโ€™ve heard that Moana would have a sister in the series. So that girl in the first picture could be her. If Iโ€™m not mistaken, her name was Sima or something like that.
So Iโ€™ve learned some new information about Moana 2 and I want to correct something. Yes, Moana will have a sister in the sequel, but sheโ€™s not the kid from the first look picture. She is a toddler and her name is actually Simea.

Also the movie will have a villain, who is inspired by a Polynesian goddess. And she has a connection to bats.
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Yeah the timejump could give her a 1/2 year old sister! She would be the 4th disney princess with siblings after Anna/Elsa, Merida and Ariel :)
friendoftheotherside wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:27 pm Also the movie will have a villain, who is inspired by a Polynesian goddess. And she has a connection to bats.
That could be Leutogi! Really interesting! :D Thank you for sharing! :woot:
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

friendoftheotherside wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:27 pm Also the movie will have a villain, who is inspired by a Polynesian goddess. And she has a connection to bats.
The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:00 am That could be Leutogi! Really interesting! :D Thank you for sharing! :woot:
AYIEEEEE! I love learning about different mythological deities in different cultures so hearing such will be in it makes me so giddy again! I also love that Moana might face off with a legit villain, really makes me wonder how ther interactions would be like, if that Goddess wonโ€™t be sidelined and forgotten and will only meet her at the near end, which I will not like at all. I would love if it is straight up that Goddess you mentioned about Disneynerd and thanks again for the small info dump friendsoftheotherside. :D I guess youโ€™re truly living up to that nameโ€ฆ๐Ÿ‘€

Regarding the info shown at CinemaConโ€ฆyeah, nothing much happened, kinda boring and nothing VERY new was revealed aside from the song. The moment I read that part about the kid asking if he has to sing with the villagers immediately gave me flashbacks to when I first read the Bambi joke in Wish which was shown at Annecy last year. (Groansโ€ฆ) Anyways, to end this post on a positive note, Moana again looks really good in this older design. It makes her more mature while also keeping the visual and trademark elements that make her herself in the first movie.ย 
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

friendoftheotherside wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:27 pm
friendoftheotherside wrote: โ†‘Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:35 pm

Iโ€™ve heard that Moana would have a sister in the series. So that girl in the first picture could be her. If Iโ€™m not mistaken, her name was Sima or something like that.
So Iโ€™ve learned some new information about Moana 2 and I want to correct something. Yes, Moana will have a sister in the sequel, but sheโ€™s not the kid from the first look picture. She is a toddler and her name is actually Simea.

Also the movie will have a villain, who is inspired by a Polynesian goddess. And she has a connection to bats.
Really? Where did you learn that?
friendoftheotherside

Post by friendoftheotherside »

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 am
The Disneynerd wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:00 am That could be Leutogi! Really interesting! :D Thank you for sharing! :woot:
AYIEEEEE! I love learning about different mythological deities in different cultures so hearing such will be in it makes me so giddy again! I also love that Moana might face off with a legit villain, really makes me wonder how ther interactions would be like, if that Goddess wonโ€™t be sidelined and forgotten and will only meet her at the near end, which I will not like at all. I would love if it is straight up that Goddess you mentioned about Disneynerd and thanks again for the small info dump friendsoftheotherside. :D I guess youโ€™re truly living up to that nameโ€ฆ๐Ÿ‘€

Regarding the info shown at CinemaConโ€ฆyeah, nothing much happened, kinda boring and nothing VERY new was revealed aside from the song. The moment I read that part about the kid asking if he has to sing with the villagers immediately gave me flashbacks to when I first read the Bambi joke in Wish which was shown at Annecy last year. (Groansโ€ฆ) Anyways, to end this post on a positive note, Moana again looks really good in this older design. It makes her more mature while also keeping the visual and trademark elements that make her herself in the first movie.ย 
As Maui would say: youโ€™re welcome rotfl
DisneyFan09 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:25 am Really? Where did you learn that?
I got friends on the other side :wink:
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

friendoftheotherside wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:08 amI got friends on the other side :wink:
Pun intened ;) :lol:
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

Post by reee9948 »

MoonMarc21 wrote: โ†‘Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:50 am

I'm not a really fan with a Disney movie become self aware. It comes off as snarky and trying to act quirky.