The Cheapquels were also trying to fix the mistakes of their predecessors, not only the Remakes

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Re: The Cheapquels were also trying to fix the mistakes of their predecessors, not only the Remakes

Post by DisneyFan09 »

twihard wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:09 pm I never thought about the show having Tarzan go to England. But I think something like that would need to be a multiepisode arc and maybe they didnt want to devote all that time to a new setting. Most ppl watching the show would be little boys who want to see the jungle fights and stuff. I would have liked to have seen it though.
Are you talking about the TV series?

It`s remarkable how The Legend of Tarzan Series was more of an actual continuation than the actual sequel, which was a midquel. But it`s still remarkable how even the TV series never took Tarzan back to his roots, despite how some episodes showed some parts of England.
I didn't realize the lantern was used to show Tarzan England cuz he wasn't going there. Smart choice.
Yeah. It was Glen Keane`s idea. He thought it was actually a convenient tool to show Tarzan the World of England without having him going there. It was stated in the Audio Commentary for the film.
And also good point that Lion king 2 was basically Pocahontas. Romeo and Juliet storyline done again.
Thanks. Some people have compared it to The Fox and the Hound as well, for similar reasons.

You know, regarding copying plotlines, it would be fair to state that Treasure Planet in some ways followed Aladdin & The King of Thieves. Because both plotlines deals with a similar purpose: A young boy getting acquainted with a father figure (though it`s more literal in Aladdin`s case, as Aladdin yearns for his literal father and Silver becomes a replacement for Jim Hawkins`father). And both fathers having a similar arc: Struggling between the lust of a lost treasure and their loves for their sons. Please don`t hate me for saying this :P
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Cheapquels were also trying to fix the mistakes of their predecessors, not only the Remakes

Post by Disney Duster »

No one hates you! I guess those plotlines are similar.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Disney Duster wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:29 pmNo one hates you!
Aaaaw, thank you :)