Most anticipated Disney movie of 2024

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Re: Most anticipated Disney movie of 2024

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Sotiris wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:41 pm Right. I misspoke. I meant to say Mufasa: The Lion King.
Also a fall movie.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I forgot it got moved to December. Thanks for the correction.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

No problem.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Now that the slate for 2024 has solidified, the only movies I'm (mildly) interested in is Moana 2 and Mufasa: The Lion King on the theatrical front and Descendants: The Rise of Red on the streaming front. What about you?
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Sotiris wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:05 pm Now that the slate for 2024 has solidified, the only movies I'm (mildly) interested in is Moana 2 and Mufasa: The Lion King on the theatrical front and Descendants: The Rise of Red on the streaming front. What about you?
Not Inside Out 2 or Deadpool & Wolverine, My two most anticipated movies of the whole year, Disney or otherwise? Also I wonder where is LA LILO and Stitch? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 They’re not including streaming releases on here, so is it going back to straight to streaming, Or is it unspecified Disney ?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I plan to go to Inside Out 2 and Moana 2. Not really interested in the rest.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Inside Out 2
Moana 2
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Deadpool & Wolverine

I'm very much looking forward to Moana 2, but I haven't been this nervous about a WDAS release maybe ever (since I'm wondering about the transition from streaming show to theatrical film)...
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

PatchofBlue
Gold Classic Collection

Post by PatchofBlue »

Glad to see that Wicked and Moana seem to be generating similar levels of hype. Though, a part of me wonders if one of them is going to concede the Thanksgiving spot to the other. This isn't a Barbienheimer situation. The two movies fill very similar needs and I worry they might compete with one another.

On a mildly related note, I actually had a dream last night that I saw the Moana 2 teaser, and if my REM cycles are worth anything, we're all in for a real treat :rock: :rock: :rock:
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Deadpool & Wolverine and Inside Out 2 are probably the ones I'm most interested in. Not a PIXAR fan, but I did like that film (The Incredibles, Toy Story, Turning Red, Monsters, Inc. and Luca are others that come to mind that I liked by them), and that property always did feel sort of similar to Pooh and Toy Story as far as it could go on forever. The new characters look like they could be fun, but I'm just wondering how it all will fit together as a story. I know the first was mostly about Joy and Sadness. I expect Sadness will sort of be sidelined for another character (maybe Joy with Anxiety). I just wonder what the story will be internally as far as with the characters in the mind. The first film was sort of a roadtrip movie and drama about what will happen if they don't get back to the main room soon enough. I wonder what it will be here.

I'm curious about Mufasa with it being a prequel and all, although I admit I'm not expecting much from it. I will see Moana 2 although it's not one I'm very excited about. The first film was fine, but a little bit bland. A sequel can sometimes be better than the original since it builds on the world, but with M&C not involved plus it having started off as TV series, I'm not really putting my expectations high. Plus, when they're low, it's more likely the film can surpass them. :lol: It's a shame the original film that was going to come from WDAS was likely moved or cancelled, but I know they're playing things very safe right now.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"