Bob Iger is Back!!!

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Re: Bob Iger is Back!!!

Post by D23ExpoVisitor25 »

Why not just get this guy to run Disney instead: https://x.com/mrseymourduck/status/1765 ... 50093?s=46.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I sent in my stockholders’ ballot this week. I couldn’t support Disney in several areas....(meaning how they wanted stockholders to vote).
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Kyle wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:56 pm :/

I really don't think its unlikely that people actually mean what they say. Its not that fans don't want a female protagonist, they just dont want little miss perfect who doesn't need to make any effort to learn what took Luke a lot of hard training. to accomplish in an instant.
I agree. Sometimes the movie is just bad. Of course good movies can perform poorly and bad movies can do well, but I think audiences are open to anything as long as it doesn't feel too much like some kind of pipeline product where the characters don't feel like real characters.

It's true that WDAS the past 15 years has that quality of everything being very safe, to the point some designs feel way too similar at times. They're terrified to anger anyone, so they repeat choices that have been successful already and run them into the ground until the audience becomes tired with them. They have to take risks with their storytelling to make it more organic, but, when the studio is struggling, "taking risks" is the last thing in the world the people in charge will allow them to do.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Hollywood is skeptical that Disney CEO Bob Iger will step down in 2026 as successor search continues
https://nypost.com/2024/04/01/media/hol ... n-in-2026/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Their skepticism is misguided and wrong.
reee9948
Gold Classic Collection

What do you think Bob Iger could learn from Walt Disney?

Post by reee9948 »

Bob Iger seems to have a bad reputation among Disney's fans for how he runs the company and while Walt faced criticism for being cutthroat and being a product of his time, it's no doubt that he left a great legacy with so many iconic movies created during his lifetime.

Walt Disney seems to be a more of a public figure who engaged with the public a lot while Bob Iger is more private. Bob Iger is seen as a rich douchebag while Disney is seen as a hardworking man who came from humble beginning and have made a successful studio.

Clearly how the public view Bob and Disney is like night and day. People respect Disney, but not Bob despite him making Disney a billion dollar corporation . So what do you think Bob could learn from Disney to help his reputation and his standing with public.
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Re: What do you think Bob Iger could learn from Walt Disney?

Post by twihard »

Absolutely nothing. Walt Disney was a god-fearing family man with love for all.

Bob Iger is a cutthroat capitalist who only cares about $$$ and will sell out to Zionist shills. Their names should never been taken together in the same sentence.
D23ExpoVisitor25
Special Edition

Re: What do you think Bob Iger could learn from Walt Disney?

twihard wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:27 pm Bob Iger is a cutthroat capitalist who only cares about $$$ and will sell out to Zionist shills.
Good. He should stay that way to spite you.