Who is your favorite disney heroine?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Princess Jasmine
Limited Issue

Post by Princess Jasmine »

castleinthesky
Anniversary Edition

Post by castleinthesky »

Welcome to the forums Princess Jasmine! :)

There is a Search Button in the top right hand corner of the forum, which us can use to look for older topics. There are already multiple topics about favorite heroine. Here is the latest http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/vie ... te+heroine It is in the polls/games section which is a plus, because it dosn't waste bandwith. I am sure that you could vote for your favorie heroine. If your heroine isn't on the list, you can just add it by adding a post.

There is also a countdown at Ultimate Disney for Best Heroes and Heroines which can be found here: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/countdown5/
Last edited by castleinthesky on Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best Movies of 2009:
1. Moon
2. Inglorious Basterds
3. The Hurt Locker
4. Coraline
5. Ponyo
Princess Jasmine
Limited Issue

Post by Princess Jasmine »

Thanks... and oops :oops:
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Who is your favorite disney heroine?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I was bored and making a list of my favorite female protagonists because of the Licensed Merch Sales thread. I wanted to include more than just Disney's official princess line and I was interested in seeing other posters' lists, too. Here's mine:

1. Ariel
2. Megara
3. Tiana
4. Nani
5. Merryweather
6. Cinderella
7. Anna
8. Elsa
9. Pocahontas
10. Alice
11. Charlotte LaBeouff
12. Judy Hopps
13. Duchess
14. The Spring Sprite
15. Belle
16. Rapunzel
17. Mulan
18. Eilonwy
19. Moana
20. Wendy Darling
21. Snow White
22. Anita
23. Lilo
24. Maid Marian
25. Lady

I kept going until I finally decided I would cut it off at 25. I included Merryweather, because I consider the three good fairies as being the protagonists as much, if not more than, Aurora; I didn't just include any older female character, although I wanted to. I love Nanny from Dalmatians and Lady Kluck from Robin Hood, for example. :lol:

I think in general I prefer characters who are responsible / controlled, sassy, or reserved--or have a mixture of those characteristics (f.e., Tiana, Nani and Merryweather are both responsible and sassy, imo). Ariel is probably the exception to that rule; I think I just identify with her family dynamic so much it trumps the fact that she's more rebellious and irresponsible than I would be. Plus, I like the fact that she questions authority figures. I love that smirk she gives Sebastian at the beginning of "Under the Sea."
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

1. Giselle
2. Jasmine
3. Ariel
4. Snow White
5. Pocahontas
6. Eilonwy
7. Mittens
8. Judy Hopps
9. Tiana
10. Charlotte
11. Widow Tweed
12. Franny Robinson
13. Audrey Ramirez
14. Kida
15. Alice
16. Chicha
17. Rapunzel
18. Jane Porter
19. Esmeralda
20. Georgette
21. Olivia Flaversham
22. Aurora
23. Marie
24. Miss Bianca
25. Moana

DD, I didn't look at your list when making mine, but we still have 10 of the same characters on our lists, with Ariel, Pocahontas, Judy, Tiana, Charlotte, Alice, Rapunzel, and Moana not being too different in our rankings!!

(I don't do many of these ranking threads because it's hard but I wanted to take a crack at this!) My Top 5 was easy, but the rest was harder! Sometimes with more than one woman in the movie, it's hard to say who I like more, so they tended to be ranked right next to each other...And this totally could change- I was going with my gut while looking at a list of females from the movies!! And sometimes it's hard because I like the interactions between characters, making one character even greater than they are by themselves (I'm thinking Milo and Kida, Nani and Lilo...). And I left off a bunch of characters that I really do like. And I feel bad putting Moana at 25 because I do love her, but I love them all...
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Oh, it's alright. I know most people aren't as OCD as I am. Lists are just fun time for me. When my list was longer (going 30+), I had Chicha on it. :P

I agree about certain interactions making characters stronger. I always have Anna and Elsa right beside each other whenever I rank the princesses, with Anna in a smidge more. I know it's probably not harder for other people to rank Elsa higher, but I love both the sisters.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^I love both Anna and Elsa (not in my Top 25, :p, but I do love them), but if I were ranking them I'd put Anna a smidge higher than Elsa, too. I can relate to Elsa, but I relate to Anna even more, because her "wait, what?!" type of personality - I have some of that, too.

I like the idea of lists, but when I love so many Disney characters/movies, it can be really hard. But this list and the Top "5" list were fun to do!

Chicha is really great. While obviously she and the kids play off of each other, I like what a great partner to Pacha she is, what a great mom she is, but she's feisty (in a nice way) and won't take crap, and she is great at thinking on her feet!
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

LOVE:
1. Ariel: Shes such a lovable, and curious character. Love that shes a collector and she literally shaped and influenced the whole plot, she loves adventure and the thrill and takes risks. She wants to be part of something better, and greater, which is of course so relatable. Also I love her boy craziness lol.
2. Belle: her introverted personality, her love for escape in books and her want for desperately experiencing adventure away from this boring and predictable town is so loveable. Shes an outsider in town which I love, so its logical that she gets along with the magical objects and Beast. She Literally embraces the motto that you shouldnt judge a book by its cover.
3. Anna: shes so DESPERATE to find love and woud fall for everyone that gives her some kind of affection, which, on paper seems to be stupid, but thats a flaw that makes her so lovable and tragic, after so many years of trying to get her sister back. Her clumsiness is likeable as it also shows more authentic and funny sides like her snorting or ugly hair when she sleeps lol. Overall shes so relatable for me. Love her so much
4. Rapunzel: Yes. Childhood Nostalgia threw her up here. I guess also because Rapunzel is one of my fav fairytales of all time. Blondie has most of the elements that made Ariel great: the curiousity, naive nature and teen spirit, and most Importantly a dream. While Ariels dream was to be part of human society,ย  Rapunzels could have been the same, but its just the lanterns, which is still ok and understandable, its a special event you wanna see in person.ย  I also love her because she loves to paint. She would have been slightly better if she would be more shy and introverted, like probably in Keanes Version, but her childish joy and excitement is still understandable since shes experiencing a rollercoasterride with her first time out. A few minus points since she was a little "Mary Sue" when she could perfectly swim in the cave sequence.
5. Tiana: a hardworking bee. She wants to fulfill her fathers dreams and even from rejection to rejection, she still fights Till the end. Her hardworking nature is a positive attitude, but she also needed to learn to live in the moment. Her contrast with Naveen is wonderful. Love her!
6. Mulan: however what makes Mulan clumsiness and quirkyness work is that she earnes it, as she brushes her akward moments off really casually and doesnt make a big thing about it, unlike the 2 in the mehhhh category who create and dramatize unneeded quirkiness to be more entertaining or memorable for no reason. For Mulan this quirkyness doesnt come off as attentionseeking, but as a burden and a real problem, as its the reason she dishoners her family and is this outsider. Shes multifaceted as she has so much more going on, also her proove of selfworth. Icon. Hero. Legend. Love her.
7. Cinderella: she might not be that complex like newer heroines, but she doesnt have to be. Her strenght shows in her hopeful attitude, and holding on to her good character and staying supportive to her abusive step family. She stays kind without knowing that Fairygodmothers will grant her wishes, and still doesnt throw back hands or leaves, which shows how selfless she is but also that she knows someday everything will pay off. Shes a real dreamer.
8. Charlotte: I loveeee Charlotte so much. Shes the Blanche Devereaux out of the Disney characters, confident, flirty, funloving, a real Party girl! Shes kind hearted and isnt jealous at all when Tiana ends up with her crush. Shes a real friend!
9. Nani: Shes such a real sister. Her insider jokes and quirks with Lilo flesh her out, her complex but casual relationship with David is also refreshing and her angry sides with Lilo or Cobra Bobo (before meeting him) are also real and authentic.
10. Megara: Shes a standout, really fierce idgaf attitude and the most sassy from the list. So confident and casual. And she also has her vulnerable side of not being open to be in a relationship because she got hurt. Shes such a lovable disney character.
11. Merida: she probably feels the most teenage and real out of all princesses tbh. Her being overly annoyed of her mother, her joking around with her dad and her relationship with her brothers is hilarious! She realizes how bratty she was to her mother and their bond throughout the movie is so satisfying. And her having this thrill for archery is cool and expresses her rebellious nature perfectly! Shes selfish at first, not thinking of the Consequences of the magic and thats what makes her much more flawed and lovable, especially since she learns to make up for that. Shes just so fun to watch.

Really really like:
12. Esmeralda: she stands for her community and everyone who gets mistreated by Frollo. Shes so kind to Quasimodo and is loyal to herself to rather dir than being with Frollo. And her chemistry with Phoebus IS so believable. She also has her silly moments messing with the guards. Overall a great disney character.
13. Giselle: shes basically a walking milkshake made of Snow White, Cinderella and Ariel. And the combination works in her favour. Shes vibrant and ridiculously optimistic that its a joy to see her contrast with the rude real world. And she has her growth to adapt and become more serious throughout the movie, which I love.

14. Elsa: shes the most introverted character here and thats what makes her so interesting. Her arc of finally letting go of expectations and showing your quirks and differences are lovable. Overall, a really likable character (the sequel doesnt exist).
15. Pocahontas: she has a playfullness while also being one of the most mature disney princesses, her love and respect for nature and her people is remarkable. Shes a respondsable girl who sacrifices the love of her life to protect her community. Powergirl.
16: Kida: shes a powerful leader and really fierce and knows how to fight! Shes proud of her culture and gladly teaches others about Atlantis. Shes also a curious character. Love her
17. Jasmine: she stands for herself, hates dishonesty and just wants to get out of her golden cage. Shes really humble and doesnt care for snobby princes and loves Aladdin for who he is.

Like:
18. Jane Porter: Jane was the OG quirky girl. Her clumsiness balances her more serious scenes out and it comes across as natural considering shes in a new, wild and uncharted territory, so her not fitting in at first helps to show that.
19. Isabela: Isabela isnt really that stuck up, but doesnt shy away to show her hatred to her annoying sister, which i Love, since real balanced sibling relationships are like that. And her pressure of pretending to be perfect and marrying Mariano for the family is also tragic, but her bond with Mirabel at the end is so satisfying.
20. Eilonwy: shes almost as elegant as Aurora but has the fierce to fight back like Ariel, only toned down. Her relationship with Taran is enjoyable.
21. Snow White: she has this innocence, friendlyness and optimistic nature, which is charming and lovable. You might think it might be boring, but thats what I love about characters like Rose Nylund from Golden Girls, who literally is the same character as Snow lol. With her reserved but cute persona, she still manages to stand out with that in the princess lineup. They made her act (and look) so stupid and goofy in the Ralph sequel.
22. Raya: she has her good, unique strenghts, like her fighting skills, but also interesting sides like her trust issues and her journey to trust people again. Shes an overall likeable character.

Meh ok:
23. Aurora: i love her gracefullness and elegance, but other than that theres not much going on. But shes clearly the most beautiful disney princess.
24-25. Wendy & Alice: theres not much going on with them and they have not a defininig personality, but they are also not annoying.

Mehhhhh:
26. Mirabel: shes as "quirky" and forefully clumsy as Asha and its annoying. She would be almost on the same Level as her, but what elevates her is that she has a real purpose and a personal struggle and want. Also love her moments with Isabella. Other than that its basically the same personality as Asha.
100. Asha. She comes across as too calculated and inauthentic, as if shes constantly being watched and she knows it. She has no "real" scenes where she randomly gets angry or has some personal fears. What makes her so boring, way more than Snow White or Aurora is that their mild and gentle persona is also what makes them stand out. It has nothing to do that the people acted that way back then and thats it, as there are other characters in Media who Act exactly like them decades later, like "Rose Nylund" from Golden Girls which reminded me always of SW. I mean yeah the princesses mostly reflect the women of their time but you saw my point.
Asha however acts like as if shes in a school play, knowing audiences watch her act. It feels so forced and as if she needs to entertain the audience every 10 seconds with her craved quirkyness and search for a problem so she can play put her victim card, a card that most disney characters automatically earn, while she searches for it. No personal goals or dreams, no insecurities, no arc, no purpose, nothing!!!!!! Also i placed her at #100 for the 100 year celebration and thought it was really fitting! Also to make room between Asha and Mirabel for the next upcoming heroines the next couple of years.
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
ChromaticPaw311

Post by ChromaticPaw311 »

If weโ€™re talking about strictly protagonists of their respective feature films, I would say Anna, Duchess, Lady, Perdita, Cinderella, Snow White, and Judy Hopps are my favorite Disney heroines.

If this includes any female character with a large role in a Disney feature or short, I would add Elsa, Minnie, Mittens (the cat in Bolt), and Rita (one of the dogs in Oliver and Company) to this list.
Lele
Limited Issue

Post by Lele »

Ariel and Cinderella. I love Cinderella for being a smart character who remains kind despite her situation, while Ariel is endearing as a character.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

My 3 forever favorites:
Schneewittchen
Cendrillon
Aurore
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yay, Disneynerd, ChromaticPaw311, Lele, and carolinakid! Love your choices (and yes I am biased because Cinderella is my favorite)!

Cinderella is my favorite because of how mature she was to me as a kid, plus I think also because of how nice she was in my eyes. I guess I feel like she has the nicest personality. It's either her or Snow White that do! Then Aurora is my next favorite because she is the most beautiful, plus so graceful and elegant, similar to how Cinderella has such grace and elegance. Finally, Ariel is my third favorite because she has a beautiful mermaid tail and beautiful pink dinner dress, but also, she is so fun and kinda funny! She must be fun to hang around with! She was for me at Disney World!

Hey Disneynerd, you forgot Moana!
The Disneynerd
Gold Classic Collection

Post by The Disneynerd »

Disney Duster wrote: โ†‘Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:38 pm Hey Disneynerd, you forgot Moana!
Oh! Thanks for alerting me, Duster! :wave:
I think I would put Moana right between Isabela and Eilonwy. With the description that: shes an overall goodhearted heroine who fights for the saftey of her community that is slowly dying, while also having personal desires like exploring the ocean (which I think came across way better in the Cancelled "more" song.) And she has her vulnerable moments too, but based on personality, she isnt thaaat outstanding. You would have characters like Snow White, Anna, Megara, Elsa, Aurora, Tiana or Mulan and Merida figured out instantly through their body language or how they talk, while you could have problems figuring out Asha, Jasmine, Raya or Moana. Still, a likable heroine :)
My favourite Disney songs:
๐Ÿ. ๐“Ÿ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ฆ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ต๐“ญ (๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ญ)
๐Ÿ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ผ (๐“ฃ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ฐ๐“ต๐“ฎ๐“ญ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ผ)
๐Ÿ‘. Wherever I go (Hannah Montana)๐ŸŽถ :cry:
๐Ÿ’. ๐“Ÿ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ญ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“‘๐“ธ๐”‚ (๐“๐“ต๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท)
๐Ÿ“. ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ž๐“๐’พ๐“‚๐’ท :cry: (๐“—๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“ƒ๐’ถ๐’ฝ ๐“œ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐’พ๐‘’)
& more: 1000 years ( Legend of the Neverbeast),
I'll try (Return to Neverland) :pan: , So close (Enchanted), ๐’ด๐‘œ๐“Šยด๐“๐“ ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡ ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐“๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ (๐’Ÿ๐’พ๐“ˆ๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Ž ๐’ซ๐“‡๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆ: ๐ธ๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐‘’๐’น ๐’ฏ๐’ถ๐“๐‘’๐“ˆ), I thought I lost you (BOLT), Into the Unknown (Frozen 2) :pink:
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by twihard »

I love the classics the most!! Snow White, Cinderella, Alice, Wendy, and Aurora. I think they're the strongest Disney heroines and prove that to be strong u dont need to wave around a sword in your hand whether you're a man or a woman. Love how even decades later their popularity is still going strong and theyre some of the most iconic characters ever. Nobody will remember these new girls. I think after Lilo Disney hasn't made any memorable Disney heroine sides Rapunzel. :cry:

Shanti is memorable for the one scene she has but doesn't offer much else.
Penny is very sweet and I feel for her as much as Snow White and Cinderella. Love that she gets a happy ending. Jenny reminded me of her sister like a secret twin who got the rich parents.
Eilonwy is a bore to me. Boring design and no personality.

Love the 90s princesses Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and Pocahontas. They are the perfect balance of femininity while having more proactive roles in their movies. Still beautiful and still romantic and beloved today. I heard the four voice actresses are besties in a princess group chat which is soo cool to me. I'd love to be able to read those messages.

Esmeralda is very empowering and has a heart of gold. Love her beauty and the way she deals with Frollo and originally Phoebus. Meg is super sassy and the best part of Hercules. These gals aren't princesses but still deserve to be remembered. They're also the last beautiful heroines Disney made before beauty became something Disney shamed girls for.

Mulan I don't really care much for. I find clumsy heroines boring and I don't think she's a good role model for girls with unrealistic expectations. Her fans are very rude towards other Disney girls and think she's the coolest but I don't see it. :x

Jane is nice and I think she's Disney's first funny heroine. Kida has a very unique design but I can see why she's not princess material. I love her movie though and think she works really well in that but hard to see her with Disney girls hanging out.

Lilo is a favorite and I think maybe Disney's last great herione except for below. Love how eccentric she is but how much heart she has.

Rapunzel is the only of the new girls who I feel comes closest to Disney's traditional princesses. She's more cutesy than beautiful but still got a graet design. Love her hair and her paintings!! My only complaint is that in someway sshe feels like Ariel 2.0 and not as interesting as Ariel. I also wish she wasn't born a princess cuz in her fairy tale she was a peasant and they shoulda stuck to that.

Frozen girls are maybe the worst characters I've seen. Anna is Rapunzel with Pippi Longstocking hair. I heard her voice actor was really rude about Disney princesses so I'm wondering why is she chosen to continue Disney's legacy?? Elsa is so selfish and it shocks me that ppl say she's the depeest Disney character since Beast. how lol? She feels like every cliche and I can't stand her voice. She sounds so much older than her character like shes in her 40s. Really bad and generic designs overall.

The Big Hero 6 girls didn't leave much of an impact. I don't remember their names except one was blonde in pink and one was Japanese in yellow. Blonde girl I can't remember anything about but I liked the Japanese girl's lines and her toughness.

I've only seen pics or heard about all the new "princesses" Disney makes and I'm just thankful I've avoided those DEI movies. They all look awful or sound awful and like they were only made to fit quotas. Everything I've seen tells me they are probably worse than the Frozen girls and I can't even stand them. At least Frozen wasn't made to make a quota cuz it seems like every Disney movie since Frozen movies thinks its illegal to have white characters now.