The Disney Store

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Disney Store

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Closing All of Its Canadian Stores and Most U.S. Stores
https://collider.com/disney-store-closing-canada-us/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: New Disney Merchandise

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I don’t know how trustworthy this is, so grain of salt, but…: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/disney- ... ney-store/

ShopDisney to rebrand back to the Disney Store

Obviously, this is a small thing but I think The Disney Store sounds so much better than ShopDisney.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Re: New Disney Merchandise

Post by Avaitor »

I agree, ShopDisney sounds much less personal, The Disney Store sounds a lot more inviting.

Although I just wish that we could bring back the physical Disney Stores. They weren't the same as they were back in the 90s, but now that I'm not in Orlando anymore, stopping at one of my local ones was the closest I got to feeling like I was back at one of the parks. But while Iger isn't as digitally-minded as Chapek, I don't see that happening.
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

The Disney Store was a must stop at the mall when they sold lots of collectibles and adult sized clothing.

Before they all closed, their merchandise sucked so bad I wasn’t even tempted to go in.

Of course, now that I do 95% of my shopping online, I haven’t gone to a mall in 15 or so years. When they closed all their book, music and home media stores, I lost interest completely.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Yea, I do miss it though, particularly when it comes to judging the paintjob/quality control of a collectable. These mass-produced toys are so full of little defects, I don't trust buying them online too much.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

The new site has gone live. It is basically the same as the old one, but with the new-old-name. They’ve also released a small collection of Disney Store branded apparel. Last thing, I think the choice of image on the front page is interesting— it recalls the famous towers of plushes that used to be hallmarks of the physical Disney Store.

https://www.disneystore.com/

carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

Amazon has some nice adult male sweatshirts in sizes up to 3X.

My boyfriend just gave me the following beautiful XL sweatshirts for Valentines Day.
I love them (and him!) Gracias, querido!

Disneyland purple shirt
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs white shirt
Cinderella black shirt
Sleeping Beauty red shirt

The Princess film shirts feature original poster art on the front. They’re not hoodies. I don’t care for hoodie sweatshirts. Too hot for me....😓

FYI: I’m taking him out to Pal Campo Restaurante Caribeño Tampa for dinner. Tomorrow night though, being Ash Wednesday for us today...