The Black Hole (Remake)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

zackiellovedisney wrote:I have never seen the original but this sounds like it might be good.
The original is an acquired taste, you either love it or you hate it. It takes awhile to get going the story and characters are dull as a bag of rocks. But the special effects and mattes are quite breathtaking and the themes/issues presented are interesting. It's one of my favourite Disney movies.
zackiellovedisney wrote:Is it just me or is Hollywood just becoming sequels remakes and based off books.
Well, movie studios have been doing that ever since filmmaking began, so we can't really say that Hollywood is "becoming" it again. ;) After all, some of Hollywood's greatest movies have been based off books. Some of Disney's greatest movies are based off books. Johnny Tremain, Swiss Family Robinson, Mary Poppins, etc. Pretty much every DAC is adapted from a pre-existing story.
BackgroundActorman1976 wrote:I really hope they never ever remake the rocketeer, leave it be its perfect as is.
I'd love for them to remake it, simply because a new franchise will bring renewed interest to the original film and maybe Disney will finally get off their a$$es and re-release the movie on DVD/Blu-Ray with bonus features and restored picture/audio. Plus, it's not like the remake would tarnish or erase the original in any way. If someone doesn't like the new version, they still have the older one to enjoy. :)

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Rudy Matt
Special Edition

Post by Rudy Matt »

Actually when the 1950 Disney live action feature "Treasure Island" was re-released in the 1970s it was rated PG due to the scene where Jim Hawkins shoots the pirate in the face at the top of the crow's nest. This scene was deemed too violent for G audiences at that time. In response Disney cut that scene out and released a censored version to theatres.
Several shots were trimmed, they did not excise the "shot in the face scene", they just cut the shot, so Jim fires and the next thing you see is the pirate falling into the water. They didn't cut the "scene", they just cut the "shot". That was only one of other shots of bloody violence excised from the 70's re-release of Treasure Island.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

The Black Hole (201*)

Post by Barbossa »

Ain't it cool has some news about the Black Hole remake. I guess this is a remake, not a reboot?
Hi guys. We've just received some news from Joseph Kosinski regarding The Black Hole remake at today's Oblivion junket in London via one of our friends at Getty.

Apparently a huge reveal regarding the project is imminent! He teased the news, expected to be a casting reveal, about the reboot of the 1979 Disney sci-fi epic during an interview to promote his latest flick.

Joseph confirmed: “Yes, The Black Hole is on. We actually have some exciting, big news coming on that very soon.

“It’s a project that I’m really excited about… it's a deep space trip into the centre of the galaxy and we have a really great idea for the Black Hole itself…”
Full article with some news about TR3N: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61822
Escapay

Re: "The Black Hole" to be remade!

Post by Escapay »

Looking forward to this, naturally. Hope it means we'll get the 1979 film on Blu-Ray.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

I swear that somebody said not long ago that The Black Hole needs to be remade.

I wonder if Disney reads these forums lol.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

thelittleursula wrote:I swear that somebody said not long ago that The Black Hole needs to be remade.

I wonder if Disney reads these forums lol.

A few years ago there was a Disney Rep on the forums.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

‘The Black Hole’ Remake Might Be Too Dark For the Colorful World of Disney (Right Now)
http://www.slashfilm.com/the-black-hole-remake/
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I think The Black Hole could really use a remake, but the chances of it happening probably died when Disney bought Star Wars. Why would Disney make a remake of a movie meant to capitalise on the success of Star Wars in the '70s, when they now own the real McCoy?
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
twihard
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The Black Hole (Remake)

Post by twihard »

original is a classic. plz don't make this. :cry: