Strange "bubbles" on DVD... Has anyone seen these

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Strange "bubbles" on DVD... Has anyone seen these

Post by DarthPrime »

I bought Back To School yesterday. Its a flipper, and I noticed near the middle of the DVD where the hole is a circle of "bubbles". They are even and go completely around the center. I've noticed these slightly on a few other DVDs, but you really have to look for them (I went and checked a few flippers I had after noticing this DVD). I have never seen it this bad though.

Is there anything to worry about? Also what are these and what causes them? It was a $3 DVD so I doubt I will waste my time returning it at Wal-Mart. It plays fine though. I just want to make sure that whatever this is will not hurt my player, or something.

I've included a scan of the DVD. And yes my scanner needs cleaning badly. :) Didn't know it had that much dust on it until I went to scan the DVD earlier.

http://blayze.homestead.com/files/scan0001.jpg
memnv
Collector's Edition

Post by memnv »

sounds like air bubbles when they made the disc, If it works fine I would not worry about it
Dark Knight Rulez
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

Yep, I've had those. Nothing to worry about.
- Jonathan
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Never had that happen to me before :D I've never seen "bubbles" on any of my DVDs.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Lars Vermundsberget
Collector's Edition

Post by Lars Vermundsberget »

I'm pretty sure I've seen a few - but no problems.
Finchx0rz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Finchx0rz »

I don't have any on the DVDs I own, but I've seen 'em before and those discs worked fine.
<a href="http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com/" target="_blank">Got a question? Ask Google first.</a>
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

About 99% of the time they are on double-sided discs.
- Jonathan
DarthPrime
Collector's Edition

Post by DarthPrime »

Yeah the other DVDs I noticed them slightly on were double-sided.

Thanks for everyones quick response on not to worry about it. The DVD plays fine, its just I had never noticed these until now.
Smokey2342

Re: Strange "bubbles" on DVD... Has anyone seen these

Post by Smokey2342 »

I have bought several DVDs from the walmart by my house this year. Probably like 100 or more & i would say 1/3 of my movies have these & eventually become unplayable. I thought it my be my ps5 but its not doing it to any of my video games & ive never really checked new dvds until now. Im so frustrated with this because i just opened a new movie 10 minutes ago & 5 minutes in it starts skipping, playing with no sound & then it stopped working. I took the dics out & theres a bubble about half way around the center hole