Foster (Blue Sky Studios)

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Foster (Blue Sky Studios)

Post by Sotiris »

The studio's 15th feature film will be their first full-musical titled "Foster" and is set to be released on March 05, 2021.
Oscar winners Benj Pasek and Justin Paul will write the songs for an upcoming Fox Animation/Blue Sky Studios project, Variety has learned. The family film has the working title “Foster” and will reunite the musical duo with their “La La Land” producer Marc Platt.

The project is an adventure film that centers on a young super fan who isn’t satisfied with the ending to a series of fantasy books. After he seeks out the author to voice his displeasure, the pair finds themselves transported into a mystical world.

“It’s a heartfelt journey through this huge imagined world,” said Fox Animation co-president Andrea Miloro.

Karen Disher (“Daria”) and Steve Martino (“The Peanuts Movie”) will co-direct the picture from a script by Tim Federle (“Ferdinand”). It hits theaters on March 5, 2021.

Since taking the reins as the sole chairman of Fox, Stacey Snider has expended a great deal of effort building up its animation output. Snider formed a co-production pact with Locksmith Animation to bolster the studio’s slate and set a goal of releasing an animated film every year. Fox is poised to accomplish that feat. It will release “Spies in Disguise,” an action-comedy with the voices of Will Smith and Tom Holland, on Jan. 18, 2019. Then “Nimona,” an adaptation of a fantasy web comic, opens Feb. 14, 2020. And “Ron’s Gone Wrong,” a collaboration with Locksmith, debuts in November of 2020. Snider believes that a new era for Fox Animation began with the release of “Ferdinand” last year.

“We’ve tasked Pasek & Paul with doing a different kind of animated musical and to create something that’s never been done before,” Baird said. “We want to make our characters sing in a different way.”
Source: http://variety.com/2018/film/news/pasek ... 202692133/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Foster (Blue Sky Studios)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Interesting. I don't know why I haven't watched La La Land yet.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Blue Sky's slate is free of sequels for the first time in history! Disney please don't shutter the studio or cancel the films in the current line-up in favour of sequels. :(

I wonder how studio management and the artists at Pixar and WDAS feel about Blue Sky as a possible sister studio?
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

If I remember correctly, Chris Wedge is good friends with a lot of the people at Pixar, so I don't think there would be any problems.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)