Florida

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Disneyphile
Special Edition

Post by Disneyphile »

Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly and you're able to enjoy WDW any time you want.
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Florida Residents / Season Passes

Post by kbehm29 »

I am greatly and over-the-top excited to report that after years and years of dreaming, my family of 7 will be relocating from Milwaukee, Wisconsin to the Orlando area! It is a huge task to undertake - we have two houses to sell, and jobs to find, and school districts to research. We are taking things a baby step at a time.

Right now, we have an initial trip planned for late Spring to tour 5 different colleges in Florida and scout decent school districts in the Orlando airport area (my husband will be looking for a job at the airport). I have a niece that lives down there, but she's only 22 and not of much help in what areas are good/bad/affordable.

My mind can't stop jumping ahead to the day I'm finally able to buy season passes for WDW and go whenever my heart desires! It's like a dream come true! I might even look for a job at Disney. I just looked on the website and saw that the standard season pass has blackout dates that include most of the summer, spring break, and winter break - but I'm OK with that. I'd rather go when it's not crowded anyway. Is it worth it to upgrade to include the parking pass? If anyone has any Florida resident advice for me (Disney related or otherwise) I'd greatly appreciate it!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Re: Florida Residents / Season Passes

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Congratulations, kbehm29! That's wonderful!

I strongly recommend getting a WDW FL Resident Annual Pass with parking privileges and no blackout dates, if they're an option for you. Parking is pricy (last time I checked, it was about $15/day) and adds up quickly, and the blackout dates become burdensome when you find yourself hankering to pop into the park for an hour in the afternoon or to attend a special event. The good news is that once you have verification of FL residency, you qualify for the monthly payment option. You just put the price of one day's park admission down up front, and then the rest of your annual pass can be paid in auto-draft monthly installments. Universal Orlando offers the same.

That said, if the more restrictive passes are more within the range you're looking for, they'll certainly extend you plenty of fun.

For researching annual pass options, I definitely recommend www.mousesavers.com

http://therelocatedtourist.com has a lot of information for Disney-minded people who are relocating to Orlando / Central FL.

Hope this helps!
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
kbehm29
Anniversary Edition

Re: Florida Residents / Season Passes

Post by kbehm29 »

Thanks for the quick info! My problem with the prices on the all-inclusive season passes is that my family is so darn large. What might happen, is that I will buy the good pass for myself and get the regular season passes for my kids (if it can work that way - I will research the links you gave me). I probably won't buy my husband one at all. He only goes to Disney to put up with me, and he wants to move to Florida to be closer to his family in Barbados.

Thanks again for the info! I can hardly wait (or contain myself). :)
Disneyland Trips: 1983, 1992, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2016, Aug 2018
Walt Disney World Trips: 1999, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2016, ~Dec 2018~, ~Apr 2019~
Favorite Disney Movies: Peter Pan, 101 Dalmatians, Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, Enchanted, FROZEN
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Bob Chapek Named CEO of The Walt Disney Company

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Unrelated to Disney but related to the insane politics of Florida. What a $#!+ show:

New bill would eliminate Florida Democratic Party
https://wesh.com/article/ultimate-cance ... y/43125234
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Florida Bill Would Require That Bloggers Who Write About Ron DeSantis And Other Officials To Register With State Or Face Fines
https://deadline.com/2023/03/ron-desant ... 235277540/
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Moral of the story seems to be, someone like DeSantis can try his hardest to silence journalists who report on his own actions (or "bloggers" as in the article at the bottom of the last page), but he can't silence people who hate him for "free." :lol: I guess when you're pretending to be for freedom, you can't take the risk of allowing anyone to speak freely just in case they burst the bubble.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Re: Florida

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Over 30 Employees Leave DeSantis’ Central Florida Tourism Oversight District Due to ‘Toxic Workplace,’ ‘Bridge Burning,’ and ‘Incompetent’ Leadership
https://wdwnt.com/?p=1008582