The Prince of Egypt

Discussion of non-Disney entertainment.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

The Prince of Egypt

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I`ve tried to search for a thread about The Prince of Egypt on these boards, but couldn`t find any thread. So therefore I thought I could start one here. Especially about this article that I`ve found.

'The Prince of Egypt' Directors Look Back on Their Animated Landmark 25 Years Later (Exclusive)
https://aframe.oscars.org/news/post/the ... -interview
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Re: "The Prince of Egypt" Thread

Post by sunhuntin »

thanks for sharing that link.

i am not in anyway religious, but can still enjoy both this and their joseph movie from a story and animation standpoint. its a shame dreamworks did not do more traditional hand drawn movies.
big kid at heart
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

You`re welcome. And I have to agree. I`ve always loved their Hand Drawn movies. But unfortunately DreamWorks were urged to follow the flow and get rid of Hand Drawn animation, just as most studios had to do.
MoonMarc21
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MoonMarc21 »

This movie and The Chosen are the best Christian media I’ve seen, imo. It’s accessible to people with different religions and customs, and their messages are universal to all, not just Christians, which is what most Christian media usually lack. That and the animation in this movie is so superb that, dare I say, even excels or is on par with Disney’s 2D animation. I can even say it’s the best animated movie in the 1990s. The “Deliver Us” sequence always gives me goosebumps, what a way to start a movie! The last plague in Egypt, so creepy, there’s not even background music. Just the whispers and sighs of the angel of death :huh: And the parting of the Red sea *mwah* Chef’s kiss! The relationship between Moses and Rameses and how it becomes strained more and more as the movie goes on is sooooo goood! :D Every character, even the comedic side characters, all have their purpose in this movie, Miriam is one of my favorites aside from Moses and Rameses. A great movie that I’ll rewatch in a heartbeat when I have the chance to and I’ll be recommending it to everyone I know :D
Favorite Things Right Now:
1. edamame by bbno$ and Rich Brian (Song)
2. Jujutsu Kaisen (Anime)
3. Ma Baker by Boney M. (Song)
4. The Boy and the Heron (Movie)
5. Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield (Song)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The Prince of Egypt: 25th Anniversary Creative Team Reunion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzscvRJx6Vc

Remastered ‘When You Believe’ Drops for ‘The Prince of Egypt’ 25th Anniversary
https://www.awn.com/news/remastered-whe ... nniversary
ImageImageImageImageImageImage