Forum Email Notification Screw Up

Feedback for the site and forum: comments, questions, suggestions welcome.
Patricier21
Special Edition

Forum Email Notification Screw Up

Post by Patricier21 »

As you may have seen, there’s been a lot of “spammy“ topics that’s been posted on this particular forum, and I keep receiving email notifications every time they pop up even though they’re always deleted. I click the link to unsubscribe, but I keep on getting like two emails every half an hour or so. Is there any way to fix this?
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Forum Email Notification Screw Up

Post by Sotiris »

Go to User Control Panel, select Board preferences, and under Edit notification options, UNCHECK the options "Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed" and "Someone replies to a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed" and hit Submit. If that doesn't work, it means it's due to the glitch with the email notification feature.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Sotiris wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:26 am Go to User Control Panel, select Board preferences, and under Edit notification options, UNCHECK the options "Someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed" and "Someone replies to a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed" and hit Submit. If that doesn't work, it means it's due to the glitch with the email notification feature.
Yes I’ve done all of that, I’ve actually unchecked literally EVERYTHING! And I still received about 19 email notifications today for bogus topics posted to the forum!
Patricier21
Special Edition

Post by Patricier21 »

Just received another five within five minutes!
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm not complaining because it's not a huge deal, but I keep getting emails saying I have a PM when I don't. It just started maybe a day ago.