House of the Rising Sun (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

House of the Rising Sun (ABC TV Series)

Post by Sotiris »

In a competitive situation, ABC has landed soapy musical drama series House of the Rising Sun, I have learned. No one would comment but I hear the project, from Step Up and Save the Last Dance writer Duane Adler and indie studio Entertainment One, has received a put pilot commitment.

I hear respected R&B singer-songwriter Raphael Saadiq, an Oscar nominee for Mudbound, will contribute music for the potential series, which is expected to incorporate the famous folk song whose title mirrors the name of the show.

Written and executive produced by Adler, House of the Rising Sun is said to be in the vein of Moulin Rouge. it is described as a Romeo and Juliet-style soap about two feuding families set against the backdrop of the famous New Orleans night club.

Michael Schreiber and David Devries executive produce House of the Rising Sun via their Studio71 banner. The duo originated the project, bringing in Adler, before they took it to eOne.
Source: https://deadline.com/2019/09/house-of-t ... 202713204/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: House of the Rising Sun (ABC TV Series)

Post by JeanGreyForever »

As long as it's better than ABC's last Romeo and Juliet TV series, Star-Crossed.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey