Re: 9th Annual DVDizzy Forum Awards - CEREMONY

Post by Jules »

I wish the site was still as active as it was 10 years ago. :(
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Me too Jules.
Disney Guru wrote:As with The Days of Wine and Roses, I think the Forum Awards are a thing of the past.
How sad if it's true. But what did you mean "as in The Days of Wine and Roses"?
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Disney Duster wrote:Me too Jules.
Disney Guru wrote:As with The Days of Wine and Roses, I think the Forum Awards are a thing of the past.
How sad if it's true. But what did you mean "as in The Days of Wine and Roses"?
"The Days of Wine and Roses." Famous stage play/movie. Used it as a metaphor.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I knew of the movie, but do not know what the "thing of the past" part is.
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Disney Duster wrote:I knew of the movie, but do not know what the "thing of the past" part is.
Kind of implied Days of Wine and Roses kind of implies things of the past, as are the Forum Awards. Was just a bit of wit obviously fell on deaf ears.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney Duster wrote:Did we miss a year? I've been keeping my avatar and banner for these awards...and I've had them for over a year now.
We've missed three years. :embarrassed: Unfortunately, the awards have been effectively retired due to lack of participation. I'd be willing to bring them back if there was interest, but considering how traffic in the forum has slowed down lately, I doubt that's going to happen. :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Disney Guru wrote:Kind of implied Days of Wine and Roses kind of implies things of the past, as are the Forum Awards. Was just a bit of wit obviously fell on deaf ears.
Ok so you're witty, but I want to get the wit. Is it that that play/movie are a thing of the past, or there's a line in the script that mentions "a thing of the past", or the play/movie is about things of the past?
Sotiris wrote:
Disney Duster wrote:Did we miss a year? I've been keeping my avatar and banner for these awards...and I've had them for over a year now.
We've missed three years. :embarrassed: Unfortunately, the awards have been effectively retired due to lack of participation. I'd be willing to bring them back if there was interest, but considering how traffic in the forum has slowed down lately, I doubt that's going to happen. :(
Oh. Yea that's very sad. But our forum has become smaller in members. At least that talk. And part of me wants to say it's because Disney is making less great Disney films these days, but that's not true with Frozen and Zootopia and Cinderella(2015) and such. Is it that they have less great home video releases...?
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

That's funny. I've just DVR'd Days of Wine and Roses.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Disney Duster wrote:
Disney Guru wrote:Kind of implied Days of Wine and Roses kind of implies things of the past, as are the Forum Awards. Was just a bit of wit obviously fell on deaf ears.
Ok so you're witty, but I want to get the wit. Is it that that play/movie are a thing of the past, or there's a line in the script that mentions "a thing of the past", or the play/movie is about things of the past?
Sotiris wrote: We've missed three years. :embarrassed: Unfortunately, the awards have been effectively retired due to lack of participation. I'd be willing to bring them back if there was interest, but considering how traffic in the forum has slowed down lately, I doubt that's going to happen. :(
Oh. Yea that's very sad. But our forum has become smaller in members. At least that talk. And part of me wants to say it's because Disney is making less great Disney films these days, but that's not true with Frozen and Zootopia and Cinderella(2015) and such. Is it that they have less great home video releases...?
The Days of Wine and Roses, kind of implies the past as in The Days. Was trying to be witty/funny epic fail on my part apparently.
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

Disney Duster wrote:
The Days of Wine and Roses is a teleplay that was later adapted into a feature film, whose basic story is about a couple's downfall largely in part to their alcoholism/alcohol abuse. It's a very downbeat film.

The title itself is meant as a reference to the happier times, the early stages of both the couple's relationship, as well as a general wistfulness anyone has for the better days of the past.

Disney Guru's use of the phrase "the days of wine and roses" is in reference to the forum's past. It represents a wistfulness for the earlier years when the forum was more active with a larger community. By him saying "As with The Days of Wine and Roses, I think the Forum Awards are a thing of the past," he's saying that both the forum awards and the forum's better days are now a thing of the past. They're something to look back on fondly, if bittersweetly, because they cannot return.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Yeah I miss the awards as well. I won The Trilogy of Trophies: Golden Mickey, the Legacy Award, and the Jiminy Cricket Spirit Award. All I was missing was Disney Legends Award. They were a fun thing, in addition to Secret Santa. Not sure why the boards aren't as active as they used to be. Perhaps when the website faced an almost certain shutdown, or events in people's lives changed. I think back to the glory days and love them. However, I still enjoy coming here now to talk and even though I don't post I'm always reading and watching. Maybe that's it. People's lives become very busy. For instance I'm in college and need to focus on on studying a lot.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Escapay wrote:
Disney Duster wrote: Ok so you're witty, but I want to get the wit. Is it that that play/movie are a thing of the past, or there's a line in the script that mentions "a thing of the past", or the play/movie is about things of the past?
The Days of Wine and Roses is a teleplay that was later adapted into a feature film, whose basic story is about a couple's downfall largely in part to their alcoholism/alcohol abuse. It's a very downbeat film.

The title itself is meant as a reference to the happier times, the early stages of both the couple's relationship, as well as a general wistfulness anyone has for the better days of the past.

Disney Guru's use of the phrase "the days of wine and roses" is in reference to the forum's past. It represents a wistfulness for the earlier years when the forum was more active with a larger community. By him saying "As with The Days of Wine and Roses, I think the Forum Awards are a thing of the past," he's saying that both the forum awards and the forum's better days are now a thing of the past. They're something to look back on fondly, if bittersweetly, because they cannot return.

Albert
Thank you Albert, that was pretty much exactly what I was implying. Just was having troubles trying to explain it.
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ah, yes that was witty Disney Guru, explained well by both you and Albert.

Yea disneyboy, I miss theose days, but this is still the best place for Disney to me. I just miss past members and past conversations...and even past DVD's coming out and how exciting it was.