My Entire Story of Meeint Roy E Disney 10 years ago

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

My Entire Story of Meeint Roy E Disney 10 years ago

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Last edited by disneyboy20022 on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Wow, that was an amazing story! They treated you really well went that extra mile, and that probably made all the difference.

Did you manage to take any more photos?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

atlanticaunderthesea wrote:Wow, that was an amazing story! They treated you really well went that extra mile, and that probably made all the difference.

Did you manage to take any more photos?
Yeah we took a lot of photos. Right now I don't know where they are. They could be at my grandmas house because there are three storage buckets full of pictures. If I had to guess, I would be they would in those. Next time we go to my grandmas I will go through them. There's a picture of me holding the Oscar for the Old Mill and of me pulling the sword out of the stone.

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Actually I just found them :D :D :D :D

The problem now though is I'm not sure how to get them on photobucket. Perhaps if I used my digital camera to tak a picture of the pictures perhaps that would work

Now I didn't find the one with my holding the Oscar but I found some other great pictures. including....The Disney Vault :thumb:

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

A film reel of Snow White located in The Disney Vault

Success I puled The Sword From the Stone, well halfway but it counts.

I'm being Crowned. I just couldn't wait to be king. I declared everything Free for a day

Apparently Merlin didn't like the idea of everything being Free. So he gave me a medal as a consolation prize. It was made of copper

Roy E Disney signing the book he gave me

I'll post more later

Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

What an interesting read! Glad you had such a lovely time! :)

If you could meet someone who means much to you, today, who would you choose?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Jules wrote:What an interesting read! Glad you had such a lovely time! :)

If you could meet someone who means much to you, today, who would you choose?
That is a good question which leads me to another experience that happened 7 years ago.

My mom was always telling me things like I should submit my name or talent to tv shows to see if I had a "talent" to get on a show and that weirder things had happened. I dropped out of High School to be home Schooled due to my many medical issues and since it was light and the academics and stronger on social skills that I didn't have due to my Asperger Syndrome

My mom said that The Tonight Show With Jay Leno was my pragmatic language class. I was watching the show and saw that they were doing a segment called Teenage Wasteland where they had teenagers doing weird "Talents". I decided to secretly take my mom's advice and I submitted a "talent" to the Tonight Show website. Now I wasn't expecting what was to come 3 days later. The talent I submitted was that I could take my underwear off without taking my shorts off. I got a reply to it saying that they wanted us to send them a video of it and they said they weren't guaranteeing I would get on but that I had gotten something a lot of people didn't get which was a reply.

We had to borrow a video camera and they filmed the talent of mine. We mailed the tape off and then about a week later I got a phone call from California saying they wanted to have me on the show to participate in a segment called Does that Impress Ed Asner. My dad thought it might be a kid doing one of their cruel pranks like some have done in the past saying I won a trip to Disney and I needed to show them some effing respect. But it was no prank and they emailed me the plane tickets for my dad and I and off we went. Ironically we stayed at the same hotel that we were at in 2003 meeting Roy Disney so I got to see some of the bellhops again and they recognized me right away. The day came and they sent a limo to the hotel and picked me up and this other guy who was also on the same segment and he was really kind.

When we got to NBC we were shown to my dressing room though my dad wouldn't let me eat anything because it might stain my shirt. They came in to put on the microphone and the backstage producers and stage people came to tell me that in the rehearsal Jay wouldn't be there because they want this to be as authentic as possible so he's not expecting what is actually going to happen as the same with Ed Asner. During rehearsal I saw my dad in the audience and I froze so during the real thing they put him up higher the in audience and I did perfectly fine. I did the talent with success but Ed Asner's face looked like he was getting irritated and said that it was the most stupefying performance he had seen since FEMA. (Katrina happened 2 weeks earlier) He said that he was impressed because my underwear was squeaky clean and therefore he was impressed. They played the striptease music during the whole thing which I was quietly laughing at while concentrating doing the talent. A day later we were flew back home.

I kept getting recognized everywhere. I heard people watched it in Spanish Class and various parts of the following days. I even heard they played it at the local small movie theaters that fits three screens. I got recognized for about the next 4 years and it was a various amount and sorts of people. Some guy from Indiana recognized me at a gas station in Saint Louis.

Apparently my next door neighbor didn't know about it but happened to be watching it and the neighbor said that it looks like Michael from next door and when they said it was me the neighbor was shocked. There was this one lady who was like a second grandma to me said she didn't hear about it until she watched by chance and that if she wouldn't have seen it she would have bopped me for not telling her.

In a way that was my second Make A Wish in a way and it's another experience I will never forget. Here's more pictures of both trips

A better picture of Roy Disney signing my book

A fire hydrant on the Disney Lot where Pluto took a bathroom break apparently

A door to the one of the Disney Vaults

A better picture of the Snow White film Reel inside The Disney Vault

The Seven Dwarfs Building aka The Michael D Eisner Building

One of the ranch style building on The Disney Lot.

Behind these posters are the Disney Vaults. There is a window underneath each poster because if there was ever an earthquake and the films exploded due to they have a component of TNT in them, it would just blow that window instead of the whole building

This is the Universal Cinema on the Universal City Walk. This was taken in 2003

This is in 2005 when I was on Leno.

One of the Bellhops that was from both trips. This was taken in 2005

This is the sign that directs to the green room backstage

This is the door to my Dressing Room

I'm standing next to Jay Leno's car

I'm standing in the backlot parking lot.

I'm getting a microphone on

I'm on stage

In the process of doing my talent

Ed Asner's face is priceless

Ta Da!!

Finding out if he's impressed. He's impressed because my underwear were squeaky clean

Here is my dad and I after the show getting our picture taken with Jay.

I had him also sign a color me beanie baby which is basically a bear you can write on. Kevin Eubanks who was the Tonight Show band leader and John Melendez who was the voice for The Tonight Show also signed it.

I'll post more pictures later because my camera died.

If I were to meet a third person ever it might be either Steve Harvey or get a 3 day stay at Disneyland because there was so much more I wanted to do and it would be a park hopper this time.

Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Wow! Must be really cool to be recognised by people all over the USA! I'm not sure Asner was irritated, but you certainly seem to have made an impression on him.

I had to google up Steve Harvey to see who he is.

Personally, I would most like to meet animator Richard Williams, and have a very long conversation with him on the subject of animation. I can dream.
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Thanks for uploading those pictures for everyone. That must have been quite an experience being able to meet several different people.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

PixarFan2006 wrote:Thanks for uploading those pictures for everyone. That must have been quite an experience being able to meet several different people.
I'll upload more later on.

It was quite an experience. I have the whole video of me on Leno via facebook. I might try to find the video on my computer and load it on youtube

EDIT

On the first trip while I was at the pool, we ran into Spencer Breslin totally by chance. He said he had just got done making The Cat in the Hat movie and was working on his next film, Raising Helen

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Another group of People I would want to meet is the people from Pawn Stars

REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

I read your story with a smile on my face, I too have Asperger Syndrom and think that you have excellent people skills with regards to understanding and respecting others here on the board, just wanted to share that with you😊
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

My latest 15 minutes of fame happened last week

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ktrNiFkTa-g" frameborder="0"></iframe>

go the the 17 minute 45 second part

The host even pronounced my last name pretty good. Not the right way to say it, but It's the closest someone has said it by just looking at my last name itself

It's Mer-Ish-In is how you pronounce my last name

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: My Entire Story of Meeint Roy E Disney 10 years ago

Post by disneyboy20022 »

My Jay Leno Video is now on Youtube. I'm the second guy who performs this talent. This happened about 8 years ago. GOD I FEEL OLD :|

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRYYZgBSxfY[/youtube]

JohnnyWeir
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JohnnyWeir »

Aw man, NBC took the video down before I could watch it. Thanks for posting anyways though.
Hi, hi, hi, there.
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Looks like the video was removed. Ah well, it's still impressive that you got to be on Leno, and that you met Roy Disney.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder why they'd want to take down a video of something that happened 8 years ago, if they aren't putting one up themselves. It's not like they'll be releasing his Tonight Show on DVD or anything. :?
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wonder why they'd want to take down a video of something that happened 8 years ago, if they aren't putting one up themselves. It's not like they'll be releasing his Tonight Show on DVD or anything. :?
That's weird, it's still working for me....I wonder why????? I signed out of youtube and it said it's copywrited but when I logged back into youtube I could view it...Odd

disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I got the video to work of myself on the tonight show with Jay Leno and you get to see the act before me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjhvXaTPFU

ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Video is still not working, but it's awesome that you got to do that!