Disney Infinity

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
sunhuntin
Special Edition

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0

Post by sunhuntin »

have they released any villains other than maleficent? i havent bought any yet, but seriously considering 3.0 for inside out.
big kid at heart
Kraken Guard
Special Edition

Angelina Jolie does not count as a Disney Villain.

Post by Kraken Guard »

sunhuntin wrote:have they released any villains other than maleficent? i havent bought any yet, but seriously considering 3.0 for inside out.
Don't mean to be that person, but the Maleficent they included is anything but villainous. :roll:
kenai3000
Gold Classic Collection

Post by kenai3000 »

sunhuntin wrote:have they released any villains other than maleficent? i havent bought any yet, but seriously considering 3.0 for inside out.
If you care about the 1.0 characters there's Randall, Syndrome & Davy Jones out.
Disney is awesome, and was the biggest part of my childhood.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

There might've been other things announced for this, I don't know. But a version of Mickey as he appears in Kingdom Hearts 2 was announced.
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
maxxie03

Post by maxxie03 »

They announced a Spot character from TGD (and four playset pieces of four dinosaur characters), Judy and Nick from Zootopia and Peter Pan. No playsets for any of these though..

I really want to buy 0.3 for this, but the playset that comes with the starter pack is not one I'm interested in, and I'm disappointed that we're not getting TGD and Zootopia playsets.
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

The King Mickey costume disc was exclusive to D23 attendees, so that will be available for inflated prices on ebay, and the Keyblade is unlockable if you buy every single figure :lol: No chance of that happening.

ImageImage

I'm all for promoting the new films but it's a little disappointing after they teased all those classic characters (I don't really care about Peter Pan either). There is apparently still more though.
LADY Image CLUCK
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Lady Cluck wrote:The King Mickey costume disc was exclusive to D23 attendees, so that will be available for inflated prices on ebay, and the Keyblade is unlockable if you buy every single figure :lol: No chance of that happening.

ImageImage

I'm all for promoting the new films but it's a little disappointing after they teased all those classic characters (I don't really care about Peter Pan either). There is apparently still more though.
Apparently, in addition to Nick, Judy and Spot, this set will also include Peter Pan. But still no sign of Goofy.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Post by Barbossa »

Anyone pick up the new set yet?
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Barbossa wrote:Anyone pick up the new set yet?

I have some figures:
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

disneyphilip wrote:
milojthatch wrote:I'm not a big fan of modern Disney anything for the most part.
Shame on you for that, then. :angry:
They seem ashamed almost of their heritage these days and seem more focused on pushing I.P.'s that they have bought or tween drivel over anything else.
That is not true and you know that! :angry:

And despite all the praise, I'm not a fan of the new Mickey Mouse shorts. I want to be, but they actually offend me a little.
Shame on you hating those fantastic new shorts! And shame on you for being offended by them, because there is NOTHING offensive about them at all--they're VERY true to the classic shorts, even moreso than the Mouse Works/House of Mouse ones! Become a fan of them anyway and support them so Mickey and his friends don't get Flanderized again, like they did on that stupid Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! :angry:
Shame on me? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Oh my gosh, I needed a good laugh, but seriously, I think you need to go to the ER because you clearly hit your head on something!

2Disney4Ever wrote:I wouldn't exactly call the visuals of Gravity Falls "superb". Maybe not the worse I've been seeing for cartoons nowadays (Kick Buttowski on Disney XD was just absolute garbage), but I still find the animation weird looking, too simplistic, and "not Disney enough" for my tastes. The characters also don't have the kind of visual appeal that Phineas and Ferb pulled off so well.

The Disney Afternoon on the other hand hosted a TON of cartoons with superb traditional Disney style visuals for television, comparable to the Steven Spielberg produced cartoons of the 90's, and were some of the best looking shows they've done. So if today's generation of kids are always used to seeing the Gravity Falls type of animation on television today, then I feel sorry for them, cause I know from the kind of TV animation I grew up with as a kid that they could be watching a whole lot better.
milojthatch wrote:Lots of people that like older things can and do also find newer things that they like. The criteria, as it should be for old or new, is is it any good? Is it worth my time?
Well, let's see...

From my own experience, I've found most 2D television animation today to have extremely cheap visual quality and cheaply drawn, unappealing character designs, so no, I don't find most of today's cartoons any good, and I don't find them worth my time. I watch so many of the older cartoons now because I find the difference in quality compared to today to be quite obvious, and Phineas and Ferb was like that rare gem in today's cartoons that I did really like and find to be any good.

So aside from that, I can't say that I find a lot of good animation anymore on TV like I did in the 80's and 90's.
I agree, TV cartoons have been made very cheaply the last decade-ish and it's hurt the visuals. I remember when I interviewed Quack Pack and Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries composer J. Eric Schmidt, how he talked to me about the lack of full orchestras for TV cartoons like they used to have in the late 80's into the 90's. This wasn't just a Disney thing, it was industry standard for a long time. The animation was top-notch and sometimes even rivaled feature film animation and the characters were given a lot of depth and feeling. Basically, studios like Walt Disney TV Animation and WB TV Animation put a lot of time and money into these productions and they just don't do that anymore. It's sad. :(
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

My brother is very kindly giving me his old PS3 as he is getting a PS4. I was absolutely thrilled when I discovered that Infinity was still being produced for PS3 !! But the only fly in the ointment is that I'm slightly confused as to where to start.... What do I need to buy ? The 3.0 starter pack ? Which seems to be all Star Wars themed ? To then play as the characters I'd like, I need to purchase their little figurines.....and the older released ones work on 3.0 ? For example I'd love Rapunzel, Mulan etc who were all launched on different .0 versions.

So sorry to sound muddling but I'm in no way a gamer, but just think this looks so fantastic !!
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

If you buy the 3.0 starter pack, it's backwards compatible (i.e., all characters released with 2.0 and 1.0 play just fine). To date, none of the starter packs have been forward compatible. So we had a 1.0 starter pack, then we bought a 2.0. Then we had to buy a 3.0, etc.

Starter packs are unique to your gaming system though. So you need to make sure the one you buy is for PS3 and not for WiiU or Xbox One, etc.

And 3.0 is significantly Star Wars but there are other figures - Good
Dinosaur, Tron Legacy, Zootopia (plus a few more).
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Thank you so much for getting back to me RyGuy, much appreciated :)

So I'll get the 3.0 PS3 version then, all good there. Then do I just buy the characters I want ? What about the power disc things, are they separate ? (....and what are they ? :oops: )
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

If you don't want the Star Wars figures and playset that come with the starter pack you can get the toy box edition for cheaper.

The playsets play like regular video games, just shorter, and help you unlock extra items to use in the toy box. 3.0 includes playsets for Star Wars the original trilogy, Star Wars prequel trilogy, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Inside Out, and more to come. 1.0 included mostly Pixar playsets and 2.0 included mostly Marvel. You can play with the movie/franchise specific characters in their respective playsets (ie playing as Woody in the Toy Story playset, Iron Man in The Avengers playset, etc.) These are NOT reverse compatible so if you get 3.0, only buy playsets for 3.0.

The toy box mode is the game's "sand box" where you can create anything you want using various items, characters, terrains, etc. It can be challenging to get used to but very fun. You can also test other people's creations from around the world. In this mode you can use any playset characters, as well as any other characters that don't have playsets (ie if you wanted Rapunzel you would use her in this mode). You need to buy the figures to play as the characters, and any characters from 1.0 and 2.0 work on 3.0 so buy whoever you want. Here's a complete list:

http://infinitycharacterslist.com/all-d ... haracters/

Power discs are extra items, vehicles, environments, etc for the toy box. For example, the Tangled sky power disc gives your toy box a lantern filled sky from the movie!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9EZTkMkp2LA

Most of these were sold in blind packs but I recommend looking at a list online and finding the ones you'd like on ebay or something. Much cheaper and easier. Here's a list:

http://infinitycharacterslist.com/all-d ... wer-discs/

3.0 ended blind packs but there are only a few sets of discs seen here

http://www.iheartinfinity.com/power-disc/

All discs from 1.0 and 2.0 work on 3.0 just like the figures.

There are also toy box game discs you can buy such as Toy Box Speedway which is a racing game like Mario Kart with courses from various movies (you can create your own race tracks in the toy box without this too). More info:

http://disneyinfinity.wikia.com/wiki/Toy_Box_Speedway

You can look through those sites for other information too and there are a lot of informational videos online! Good luck!!!!
LADY Image CLUCK
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

Lots of good info, Lady Cluck! I didn't know the play sets weren't reverse compatible! I seldom play it, but my kids could play for days on end if I let them, haha. I just assumed everything was backwards compatible since I see them play with figures from all 3 versions on the version 3.0 platform.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Gosh thank you so so much for all of that info Lady Cluck ! Truly truly appreciated. Need to decide now how many pennies I can spare to buy what characters ..... Do you recomend starting off with just one or two ? Or just getting who you fancy ?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Just to update .... I went out and got 3.0 today :D

It was £19.99 from Sainsburys (a supermarket over here). The lowest I'd seen it prior to that was £24.99, so bit of a bargain. Came with all the bits and bobs, along with two Star Wars figures. Then going along the racks I saw a few Disney characters which was good luck ! No Mulan as she had sold out, but there were Maleficent and Stitch for £5.99. But even better ... I got to the till, and it was actually BOGOF on 2.0 figurines so pretty amazing ! Thrilled to pieces with all of that :)

Just have to wait for the PS3 to be handed over from my brother, then can get cracking !

Little side note, a really helpful dad was in Sainsburys with his kids who were going nuts for the figures etc. I was holding the starter pack, and he said "that's a really good deal by the way, if you're thinking of getting it" .... He then went on to help with all the bits, much like you guys have done. He then said is this for your boy or girl ? I was like ummmmmm it's for me !! So embarrassing but he just laughed and said he has a bunch of figures that only he plays with on it that the kids can't use, so felt a bit comforted there :lol:
Lady Cluck
Anniversary Edition

Post by Lady Cluck »

Atlantica wrote:Gosh thank you so so much for all of that info Lady Cluck ! Truly truly appreciated. Need to decide now how many pennies I can spare to buy what characters ..... Do you recomend starting off with just one or two ? Or just getting who you fancy ?
Probably start with one or two to see how much you like the game first, then more if you're enjoying yoursel

The figures are actually quite nice and make good souvenirs too.
LADY Image CLUCK
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Gosh, I'm finding it really hard to get my head around ! I guess they must assume you've already played the previous versions in order to already understand this one ? Totally lost in the Toy Box ... no idea what to do. I know you can aim your wand then edit buildings, but that seems about it ? And these little men with guns keep shooting at me ... thats all the interaction there is ! I'm sure I'm missing the point completely but I'm not stupid ... doesnt seem too clear ... :?

Is there a good guide out there at all that you guys know of ?

Thank you for all the help you've been giving me so far on this ... super appreciated.
RyGuy
Special Edition

Post by RyGuy »

^This is why I don't play it much. I have to ask my kids - lol