Hunchback of Notre Dame Blu Ray Question

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Hunchback of Notre Dame Blu Ray Question

Post by Super Aurora »

Hey I have a question concerning HoND blu ray. I heard that it's basically exact rip from the dvd one which means it has the same audio commentary.

So my question is this: Does the audio commentary in the blu ray ver. has English captions for it like some of the other Disney movies have? The DVD I have doesn't have English captions for the audio commentary and because I'm hearing impaired, it was hard for me to hear and understand what's being said.

Anyone who has it can they confirm this for me before I go out and buy it?
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Hunchback of Notre Dame Blu Ray Question

Post by stevemcqueen »

Just checked this for you, Yes the Blu-ray does have the subtitles for the audio commentary. Strangely you can't access it from the "Settings" option on the menu, but if you start playing the audio commentary version and press the "Subtitles" button on your player's remote you'll see the first two options are "English" and "English for the hearing impaired" which are actually both subtitles only for the movie dialogue, but after a few other languages options there's another "English" one which gives you subtitles only to the commentary discussions (and not the movie dialogue itself).

The DVD included in the set is the exact original DVD from 2002 (same trailers and all) so like you said, this one hasn't got that option.

Hope this helps :)
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

stevemcqueen wrote:Just checked this for you, Yes the Blu-ray does have the subtitles for the audio commentary. Strangely you can't access it from the "Settings" option on the menu, but if you start playing the audio commentary version and press the "Subtitles" button on your player's remote you'll see the first two options are "English" and "English for the hearing impaired" which are actually both subtitles only for the movie dialogue, but after a few other languages options there's another "English" one which gives you subtitles only to the commentary discussions (and not the movie dialogue itself).

The DVD included in the set is the exact original DVD from 2002 (same trailers and all) so like you said, this one hasn't got that option.

Hope this helps :)
Thanks so much! Now I know I'll be buying it then.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Pleasure! :)
marlan
Gold Classic Collection

Post by marlan »

I created a small image comparison between a PAL DVD and a Blu-ray of The Hunchback of Notre Dame at DVDPlaza.fi. I cannot post the comparison here because the images are, again, slightly too wide. The comparison can be viewed through here (post No. 358). Click on the word “Spoiler” to reveal the images, and click on the images to view them in native resolution.

The image quality has changed a lot, for the better in my opinion, including framing and colours, and gone is the pixel mess in sample No. 6.

The contents of different releases are listed at DVDCompare.net:
Unfortunately the Scandinavian Blu-ray only has Dolby Digital audio!
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

marlan wrote:I created a small image comparison between a PAL DVD and a Blu-ray of The Hunchback of Notre Dame at DVDPlaza.fi. I cannot post the comparison here because the images are, again, slightly too wide. The comparison can be viewed through here (post No. 358). Click on the word “Spoiler” to reveal the images, and click on the images to view them in native resolution.
Thanks! A great comparison!

What others have you done?

Matt:)