Fullmetal Alchemist manga -- worth buying?

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Should I buy it?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 4

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Fullmetal Alchemist manga -- worth buying?

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I've recently watched both animes for this manga--FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, plus the movies. I'm just wondering if anyone who has seen the shows and also read the manga if the manga has substantial differences and details that it would be worth buying? I have no doubt it's good, but if Brotherhood follows the manga almost verbatim, I'm just wondering if I should get the manga at a better time.

I'm not sure if there'll be any responses, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Re: Fullmetal Alchemist manga -- worth buying?

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I've recently watched both animes for this manga--FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, plus the movies. I'm just wondering if anyone who has seen the shows and also read the manga if the manga has substantial differences and details that it would be worth buying? I have no doubt it's good, but if Brotherhood follows the manga almost verbatim, I'm just wondering if I should get the manga at a better time.

I'm not sure if there'll be any responses, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :P
Brotherhood pretty much follows the manga very closely. I don't think you'll miss out much except for maybe a few minor differences. It's up to you if you want spend money on the manga or not.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Thanks. After sitting on it, I think I'll wait to buy these in the future, maybe when I have the urge to come back to FMA.

Especially since I've watched both Soul Eater and Black Butler recently (loved both in different ways), and want to buy the manga volumes for those since their anime versions deviate so much from the original plots.

Btw, do you think Naruto and Bleach are worth getting the manga (if you've read them)? They both have 3-in-1 volumes out, which makes it easier to afford long-running series.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Super Aurora
Diamond Edition

Post by Super Aurora »

Disney's Divinity wrote: Btw, do you think Naruto and Bleach are worth getting the manga (if you've read them)? They both have 3-in-1 volumes out, which makes it easier to afford long-running series.
Naruto, not really. The first 2 arc were decent but after the introduction of the Akatsuki, it starts to urn to shit then to shit fan-fiction tier. I wouldn't recommend it. I'm reading bleach online as new ones come out weekly.

Bleach has usual typical shonen cliches you see nowadays but there is some special about bleach especially when you keep up with the series on weekly basis like I do.
Especially for the trolling wild ride. But As for the series itself, it's alright. Nothing super special or amazing but it is fun is what I can say. I do recommend following the manga for that instead of the anime since the last arc which is the one we're currently on, is not in the anime (anime got closed down before this new arc came out back in 2012). But the current arc we're on is the last arc of the series so we're almost done with it. IMO, i'd say check Bleach out as a fun reading. There are some nice foreshadowing touches that make readers have to really pay attention to get all the connections dot to dot.

Naruto ended in November so if you do want to read that, you can catch up on that with out having wait.
<i>Please limit signatures to 100 pixels high and 500 pixels wide</i>
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/o68 ... ecf3d2.gif