The Peanuts Movie (Blue Sky Studios)

All topics relating to content owned by Disney that is not Disney-branded.
TsWade2
Anniversary Edition

Re: Blue Sky to Make Peanuts Movie

Post by TsWade2 »

Yes, it's very interesting on what they did for Peanuts. Of course, one thing I'm worried about is the abuse of Charlie Brown. I mean, I know it's part of the story, but I remember on Peanuts specials that kids call him a blockhead when he screwed up on something and the worst Peanuts special is It's Your First Kiss, Charlie Brown. It takes place in a football where the peanuts gang tries to win the football game. Charlie Brown was trying to kick the ball, however Lucy was Charlie Brown's placekick setter and always pull the ball away from her. They lost the game, and those mean spirited kids blamed Charlie Brown for that. Even Lucy accused him. Don't believe me? Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13hsOiMBLhY

Sorry, it's the best I can find.

I just hope Charlie Brown gets more respect than the previous Peanuts Cartoons.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I'm sure Charlie Brown will get plenty of abuse. Especially by Lucy. That's her character, after all.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

MovieMan995 wrote:This has a pretty neat style of CG going on. I'm guessing it's all animated in stepped keyframes with rigs where you can easily control the shapes of (like a drawing) to emulate the feel of the hand-drawn specials/shorts.

I think they captured the spirit so far. Going to keep an open mind since I enjoyed Epic, Rio, Horton and the first Ice Age, so I believe Blue Sky has what it takes to pull off sentimental fare like this.
I'd certainly be interested in seeing more rigs like the ones in this Trailer if that's true. I'm largely unaware of that method.

I have to say, am I the only one who totally geeked out when the title card said "Peanuts by Shulz"?
Old Fish Tale
Anniversary Edition

Post by Old Fish Tale »

Two new posters! Click here.
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Looks like it'll be at Comic Con, based on those posters.