The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Re: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kin

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Thanks for all the kind feedback, everyone! Great to hear!
kbehm29 wrote:OK - I got it last night and am still in the first few chapters. BUT - I had to comment that on page 10 when the "Watch This" feature of the book was described, my heart leapt with joy because this is totally me. Being contained in a state that's almost 2,000 miles away from WDW and over 3,000 miles away from DLR, combined with having a family that's so large that flying is financially impossible, you need to do lots of things to pacify yourself between Disney trips. I know first-hand how difficult this is, when your heart belongs in the parks. Watching relevant material on home video is one of the only avenues you have available to you, aside from reading books about the parks. This is going to be my favorite part of the book and I can't wait to finish it.
Yay!
Awesome! Those were some of my favorite parts to work on so it's very gratifying to hear so many people embrace them. :D
Big Disney Fan wrote:That looks like a good book. I'm going to put that on my birthday list.
:pink:
Flanger-Hanger wrote:Another review can be found here:

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2013/04 ... isney.html
A really great review! Thanks for sharing!
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Host of Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod, the longest-running Disney podcast
• Entertainment Writer & Moderator at DVDizzy.com
• Twitter - @aaronspod
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I haven't ordered a copy yet, but I'm so happy that your book is getting such great reviews!

Congrats, Aaron! :)
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Thanks!!

I thought I'd take a moment to recognize Disney Legend Charles Ridgway. This past week, the City of Orlando officially made July 26th "Charles Ridgway Day." So awesome! I'm honored to have had such a distinguished (and truly kind) Disney legend contribute to the book's front cover.

Side note: the publisher has compiled some more recent reviews, and there's lots of cool stuff over at Amazon as well!

The best thing about having a book out there is hearing from people who connect with it and find something new to appreciate. Thanks to everyone who's commented here or taken the time to write in or post a recent review, etc. :D :D
• Author of Hocus Pocus in Focus: The Thinking Fan's Guide to Disney's Halloween Classic
and The Thinking Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom (Epcot coming soon)
• Twitter - @aaronspod
carolinakid
Anniversary Edition

Post by carolinakid »

I think I found another error. In the Fantasyland chapter you mention Bay Lake as being the lake in front of the Magic Kingdom. I believe you are referring to the Seven Seas Lagoon. Bay Lake is the body of water where the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness are. Page 144....."The park's colossal centerpiece rises high above the rest of the Kingdom, visible from the other side of Bay Lake, which guests must cross just to get there".
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

carolinakid wrote:I think I found another error. In the Fantasyland chapter you mention Bay Lake as being the lake in front of the Magic Kingdom. I believe you are referring to the Seven Seas Lagoon. Bay Lake is the body of water where the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness are. Page 144....."The park's colossal centerpiece rises high above the rest of the Kingdom, visible from the other side of Bay Lake, which guests must cross just to get there".
Thanks for bringing this to our attention as well. It was due to an inadvertent error that happened during the editing process. You'll be happy to know that both this and the Streisand spelling have been corrected in all subsequent printings of the book (labeled inside the jacket as "First Edition, Second Printing Rev," which also sports quotes from reviews inside the front cover).

:D

-Aaron
• Twitter - @aaronspod
AwallaceUNC
Signature Collection

Post by AwallaceUNC »

Today marks the 1 Year Anniversary of the book's publication! Thanks to everyone for your interested, feedback, and support!
• Twitter - @aaronspod