Shrek: The Musical on Blu-ray

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Shrek: The Musical on Blu-ray

Post by disneyboy20022 »

SHREK: THE MUSICAL Video Now Available For Pre-Order
http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/SH ... r-20130719
After a tortuously long wait, it appears that the professional filming of the Broadway production of SHREK: THE MUSICAL will at last be available to purchase according to a new pre-order listing on Amazon.

The listing available to purchase was previously for a DVD for a time before being recently removed, but now the site lists a new HD Instant View option only, with a firm release date set.

According to the new listing, SHREK: THE MUSICAL will be available to view starting on September 17.

Nevertheless, no official confirmation of the filming finally being released has yet been given at this time.

I can't embed the trailer, but you can view it in the link below this

First Trailer for SHREK: THE MUSICAL On DVD/Blu
http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Fi ... u-20130731
The first trailer for the long-awaited DVD/Blu-ray release of a live filmed performance of recent Broadway musical SHREK has been revealed, showcasing the family-friendly show's stars, Brian d'Arcy James, Sutton Foster, Christopher Sieber and more in action.

Also, it has recently been rumored that SHREK will arrive on DVD/Blu-ray on October 15 following an HD streaming premiere on September 17, though official confirmation from DreamWorks is still pending on those dates.
I wish Disney would do stuff like this with their musicals.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Shrek The Broadway Musical Coming to Blu Ray

Post by Atlantica »

Wow ! That's awesome ! I really enjoyed the UK performance we got before it shut - though we didn't even have the pleasure of an Original London Cast Recording. I think the UK version was also reworked from the Broadway one ?
Siren
Platinum Edition

Post by Siren »

Netflix has it now. Watched it the other day

It was entertaining, but certainly not worth the ticket price, IMO. Farquad was very well played. Shrek's voice was okay. Donkey was like a gay Eddie Murphy, I liked it lol. I know I said this in the other thread about the Broadway show itself, but I do love the addition of Princess Fiona's childhood. "I Know It's Today" is a strong song. And it helps you get inside her head a bit better. I mean, the movie did explain it well, why she was in such a rush to get married, but the show added the element of the waiting and her mental deterioration from that.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

One of my favourite lines from it:

But I know, he'll appear
Though I seem a bit bipolar
And I'm a vandal now as well, hope he won't mind

rotfl