C'mon People .... !!

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: C'mon People .... !!

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I think, had Giselle been included in the Princess line, she would have stayed at the parks. Or, if Enchanted had been a mega hit, she'd still be there, too. Actually, I was just thinking how Enchanted has been forgotten. We all sopped it up when it came out because it was a new fairy tale, but now that more earnest takes on the genre have entered the canon it seems much less charming.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Gosh, you really think that?

I think Enchanted is one of the greats in the Disney live action canon...the music certainly isn't forgotten.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Atlantica wrote:Gosh, you really think that?

I think Enchanted is one of the greats in the Disney live action canon...the music certainly isn't forgotten.
Yeah, I think the humor of the piece relied on the cynicism that fairy tales were sort of old hat, and like Shrek, now that fairy tales have come in favor again, the jokes are stale. Of course, Enchanted (unlike Shrek) also played as an homage to the classics, which softened the cynicism. However, even the songs are too tongue-in-cheek to rank next to the more earnest tunes they parody.

I'm glad we had Enchanted when we did, but we don't need it anymore.
Walter
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Walter »

Catching the ending of "Enchanted" recently, I thought it was interesting to see references to upcoming Disney movies in the end credits.

With "Frozen" out now, I'm sure there are people who think there will be references of that, in "Enchanted".
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I'm afraid I really do have to disagree there; I think 'That's How You Know' is very much needing to to remain in the Disney Universe.

And I think Amy Adams gives the most sincere performance as Giselle; that's part of the reason why she was cast, the other ladies up for it did it with a 'nudge nudge wink wink' attitude which Amy just didn't do. Which is why I think, when you watch the film, it holds up so well.

I really do think we still need it, as it is a wonderful film that has nothing but love for the Disney Fairytale film genre.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I adore Enchanted and definitely don't think that it should ever be ignored! And that is such an interesting point, about the likeness issue...I guess I had forgotten that Giselle was once at the parks (I never saw her at WDW), but I just looked it up and was like, oh yeah. It's not like the animated Giselle is a dead-ringer for Amy Adams...and yes, Atlantica's point about Mary Poppins...why is she (or Bert) allowed at the parks...I mean, I guess Giselle was allowed at the parks.

I guess the bigger issue about the Amy Adams-likeness issue is for merchandise, right? Wasn't that the reason given for Giselle not being included in the Princess line?

Even though we know Nancy should've been included. :p
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Haha, yes, it should have been Nancy after all!

I think, if you can have Burt & Mary looking like their movie counterparts, I think it would be brilliant to have Giselle ! Though I think it would raise 1000 questions from guests as to why Giselle isn't part of the Princess Pavillion / meet n greets etc…so guess it is just easier not to include her. Still a shame though!

Can you imagine having a parade based on the 'That's How You Know' scene ?! That would be amazing!
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

Atlantica wrote:Can you imagine having a parade based on the 'That's How You Know' scene ?! That would be amazing!
Oooh!!! I love that idea! It would work out really well with the parade format too.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Exactly Linden!

And the extras could be Disney characters joining in !

Oh gosh, I'm getting myself excited now over a character who doesn't exist in the parks anymore. . . oh well, a girl can dream.