Frozen: Part V

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
taei
Special Edition

Re: Frozen: Part V

Post by taei »

DancingCrab wrote:Well, my local theatre is actually starting showings of Frozen at 7pm on Tuesday night followed by a 9:35 showing, but no midnight. I'm a little disappointed though as midnight showings are usually pretty scarce with small screaming children and that was my only chance to see it that way. lol, oh well, I'll give the 9:35 show a shot.

Woah! Mine has the same exact showings! I'm going to the 7 pm showing cause I couldn't wait 2 more hours :P Depending on how good the movie is, I might go see it again at the 9:35 showing. I got a free ticket that expires on that day after I bought my frozen ticket :)
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

Musical Master wrote:
qindarka wrote:

No they don't !!! i'm sorry. It's just people skating and a view of the Arendelle castle as the camra soar above it. Flat, flat, flat. :| :| :|
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Bad news and good news

Bad news: Another rotten review.

http://hollywoodandfine.com/frozen-unthawed/

Good news: It's still 95% on RT.
qindarka
Special Edition

Post by qindarka »

90% now actually.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

I'm getting confused what with everyone saying there are multiple orchestrations of Let It Go. For those of you who have seen the movie, does it sound like it does on the Disney Studio Awards website?

http://waltdisneystudiosawards.com/#/frozen/music

Thanks! :)

I think it rocks, by the way. What a difference from that boring-sounding low-quality clip we got after D23 in August.
Alphapanchito
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Alphapanchito »

I am pretty certain the Let it Go that you can find on the awards site is the same as the movie.
I mean there might be a couple sound effects you dont get without the movie but im pretty sure the orchestration is the same.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Thanks for replying AP! Hope you're right! :) I listened to the song twice on the website, but I'm not going to listen to it again until I watch the film. I want to keep it fresh.
Scamander
Special Edition

Post by Scamander »

The day after tomorrow will be early family screenings in Germany and you still can't listen to samples of the German songs on amazon or itunes. Get your act together, Disney. :roll:
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Jules wrote:I'm getting confused what with everyone saying there are multiple orchestrations of Let It Go. For those of you who have seen the movie, does it sound like it does on the Disney Studio Awards website?
Yes, the version on the awards website is from the soundtrack which is what is used in the movie. Disney has remixed Idina's soundtrack vocals with new orchestrations for their theme park events World of Color and Wishes. Those versions are limited to the theme parks only.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:
D82 wrote:But, why wasn't Idina Menzel at the premiere of the film?
Because of her new show in DC. But still, being gone one day wouldn't have hurt her career :roll:
Oh, so that's why she didn't attend the premiere. I just found it strange that she wasn't there being the voice of one of the main characters.

New TV spot:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100173962035839
TheBlibaBlob
Limited Issue

Post by TheBlibaBlob »

DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Because of her new show in DC. But still, being gone one day wouldn't have hurt her career :roll:
rotfl You can't just take a day off when you're contracted as the main star of a new musical. Her career being hurt has nothing to do with it. She signed a contract to perform in If/Then and she was being responsible by honoring that contract. Besides, she is doing her part by appearing on talk shows and taped interviews. It's not uncommon for stars to miss red carpet premieres due to new work commitments.
Last edited by DancingCrab on Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

TheBlibaBlob wrote:Did somebody say HANSome?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YpsvsDeCMHE/U ... osters.jpg

Darn.. You had me excited! I thought someone might have released a song or something T_______T
-Brave.
TheBlibaBlob
Limited Issue

Post by TheBlibaBlob »

taei wrote:
TheBlibaBlob wrote:Did somebody say HANSome?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YpsvsDeCMHE/U ... osters.jpg

Darn.. You had me excited! I thought someone might have released a song or something T_______T

..........sorry.
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

TheBlibaBlob wrote:
taei wrote:

..........sorry.
Haha!! It's alright! The anticipation is kind of making me anxious for anything. :P

The poster is meh. But it's nice to see Hans being marketed.
-Brave.
Poody
Anniversary Edition

Post by Poody »

Ahhhhh I won't say much but the movie was awesome! I'll post a couple pics from the premiere.... :twisted:
https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 8028_n.jpg
https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 7756_n.jpg
Jules wrote:I'm getting confused what with everyone saying there are multiple orchestrations of Let It Go. For those of you who have seen the movie, does it sound like it does on the Disney Studio Awards website?
Sounded different to me. The one on that site doesn't sound like it's been mastered. I think that's the only difference.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Disney's CGI Renaissance. Elsa & WiR looking boss 8)
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Does anyone know if there are early UK previews over here ? All I keep seeing is the usual date everywhere (the 6th). Is there anything that anyone knows of it being a bit earlier ?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

DancingCrab wrote:
disneyprincess11 wrote:Because of her new show in DC. But still, being gone one day wouldn't have hurt her career :roll:
rotfl You can't just take a day off when you're contracted as the main star of a new musical. Her career being hurt has nothing to do with it. She signed a contract to perform in If/Then and she was being responsible by honoring that contract. Besides, she is doing her part by appearing on talk shows and taped interviews. It's not uncommon for stars to miss red carpet premieres due to new work commitments.
Gotcha, and I just read that the main star can't pretty much take a day off during previews and that her only understudy isn't ready until the show opens
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

You'd be amazed at how quick the union is to fine actors for missing an entrance cue without a doctor's note, let alone taking a day off when your name is above the title (as that warrants a refund from patrons). The only way around it is with permission from the producers. Personally, I think her showing up at a Hollywood Premiere would have helped boost ticket sales for If/Then, but maybe she and/or her producers felt differently. :shrug: