Indiana Jones the animated show

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Indiana Jones the animated show

Post by HarryCanyon »

Now this could make a hit animated show for Disney XD, just hire Greg Weisman and have the producers/designers of Gargoyles for the show plus Michael Reeves as a writer and you get an instant hit show and make it as good as Tron Uprising.

Star Wars gets all the attention but they need to give Indy the more respect
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Re: Indiana Jones the animated show

Post by Maerj »

HarryCanyon wrote:Now this could make a hit animated show for Disney XD, just hire Greg Weisman and have the producers/designers of Gargoyles for the show plus Michael Reeves as a writer and you get an instant hit show and make it as good as Tron Uprising.

Star Wars gets all the attention but they need to give Indy the more respect

An animated Indiana Jones show is a great idea. This would definitely work on the Disney XD Channel and would give me a reason to watch.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Yes as would the upcoming SW Rebels show.

Indy needs more love than just SW.
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

HarryCanyon wrote:Yes as would the upcoming SW Rebels show.

Indy needs more love than just SW.

At this time, Disney doesn't seem interested in Indiana Jones at all. It's very unfortunate.

If they would rebrand the Disney XD Channel into a Disney Adventure Channel then feature SW Rebels, an animated Indiana Jones series, a live action Pirates series, bring back Tron Uprising and maybe even show some of the classic Disney adventure series, I would be quite happy.
russds

Post by russds »

Maerj wrote:If they would rebrand the Disney XD Channel into a Disney Adventure Channel then feature SW Rebels, an animated Indiana Jones series, a live action Pirates series, bring back Tron Uprising and maybe even show some of the classic Disney adventure series, I would be quite happy.
That does sound good. There are so many options with the Indy world (regilous folklor adventure), I really hope the character comes to life again in something new, either a movie, or series. The trouble I have some times with an animated series is that it seems for Indy to really work, it's got to have Spielberg and John Williams working on it, bringing excellent story telling, directing, drama, and suspense, with excellent music. But who knows, if Disney does breath life into it again, hopefully they do it with such a level of quality, that it still feels "Indy"-esque.

In other news, I found this article - it's not exactly CNN, or Entertainment Weekly, but still nice to see some glimmer of hope.
According to one of The Daily SuperHero's sources...Disney is actively talking about the possibility of an Indiana Jones 5 with Harrison Ford.
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Sounds awesome and hope the new movie ignores the black sheep known as Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Now who could voice Indiana Jones, Marion, Short Round etc.?
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

Yes ! Really digging this idea ! Though yeah as already mentioned Disney is more into loving Star Wars at the moment than poor Indy.

Which sucks because Indy is ten times better
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

I've read that Harrison Ford isn't interested in an animated Indiana Jone and right now, it seems neither is Disney. In fact, I get the feeling there is some kind of rights issue between Disney and Paramount based on Bob Iger's previous comments.

Personally however, I'd love to see this happen! In fact, it might be a great way to get kids interested in the character before a possible fifth film.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Indeed yet Lucasfilm is independent and only Paramount distributes the movies but Disney and Paramount can join together for part 5 and an animated series is a good idea.

Paul Dini can be a writer and producer
Maerj
Collector's Edition

Post by Maerj »

An artist IS trying to pitch Lucasfilm on this idea! Check this out and prepare to gush with joy:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=68441
HarryCanyon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by HarryCanyon »

Looks nice man, i hope they greenlit this and show Lucasfilm is more than just SW