How you arrange your Pixar collection?

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

How you arrange your Pixar collection?

Post by DC Fan »

Silly question but I´d like to know.

Do you display them in the way the were released or you group them by franchise (Toy Story, Cars...)?

Or some other way.

I´d like to display them the way they were released.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Re: How you arrange your Pixar collection?

Post by Mooky »

I think this topic should be moved to the Disney Discussion section.

For Pixar DVDs, I put them together with my Disney DVDs, in order of their releases, but franchises stay together. Here's a quick textual representation of how that looks:

... - Pocahontas - Pocahontas II - Toy Story - Toy Story 2 - Toy Story 3 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame - ...

Because my DAC BDs all have numbered spines marking their release order, I chose to display them separately from other 'Disney' films so Pixar BDs are displayed in order of their individual releases as well:

Toy Story - A Bug's Life - Toy Story 2 - ...
hoping4nash

Post by hoping4nash »

I put them in order of release date. Granted, Pixar is young in terms of release. Maybe one day I'll change the way that I do it, but I like them by release date. The short film collections are at the end of the Pixar row, after whatever the current movie release was (in this case, Brave).
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

I don't group my Disney blus in any special way, like, together or anything.

Every blu-ray I buy is maintained in alphabetical order.
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I do that for the regular collection. Because they´re so many that if I put them in groups I wouldn´t find anyting.

However, since the Disney films form a collection I do put those the way they were released.

I´guessing I´ll do the same with Pixar´s.

Question:

Back when I was in the Disney Movie Club I ordered these DVD "trays" to display you collection. I´d like to know if they´re still around and if so to know if they modified them to place Blu Rays.

Thanks
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

My collection is all screwed up.

It was going fine until after Toy Story 3 came out. I have this luxo lamp display that held every blu ray released to date (as of 2009 or something)

but then they released more of their backcatalog and before I knew it I couldnt fit my collection there anymore.
On top of that, I like to keep things uniform, but I had my mom get me cars 2 and Finding Nemo. Since I wasnt there to nitpick the packaging I ended up with the dvd casing version of Nemo, and this stupid tap light shaped thing for Cars 2 instead of a proper case.

So yeah, my collection is all over the place now.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I put them in theatrical-release order, just like my Disney movies.
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Very cool the Luxo lamp BR/DVD rack.

However, my guess is that it was made to just display your favorite movies. For starters, it didn´t have the right amount of space (depending on when it was released) and on top of that, obviously Pixar was going to keep on making movies.

But very cool.
Chernabog_Rocks
Collector's Edition

Post by Chernabog_Rocks »

I have the DAC's in chronological order, while my Pixar films are in alphabetical. Generally, all of my movie/tv shows are grouped together by genre (and in the case of some, sub-genre) and then alphabetized.

Disney itself gets broken down for me into several 'sub-genres' such as Live Action, T.V Shows, Walt Disney Treasures, Shorts Compilations, etc.
My Disney focused instagram: disneyeternal
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Ok, I´ve seen the Luxo Jr. Pixar BR Collection.

Very odd choices to include. If it was up to me I´d have included Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Wall E and the shorts just because...if not Monsters Inc.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

If you're referring to what I chose to put in there, I was simply showing how many I could fit going in chronological order. Unless your talking about something else?
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I´m talking about the movies chosen for the Luxo Jr. Pixar BR Collection...not your choices.
pick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pick »

May I ask something regarding your DISNEY collection? For any of you who organize your Disney collection A-Z, will you put Winne the Pooh (2011) after The Many Adventures, or leave it with the "W" movies?
-------------------------------------------------------
"Just Make a Wish, and do as dreamers do...
and all your Wishes will come True..."
FigmentJedi
Gold Classic Collection

Post by FigmentJedi »

Release order, sharing a shelf with my Pixar Art Book collection.
adamw92
Limited Issue

Post by adamw92 »

Mine are just organised alphabetically:

milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

Kyle wrote: On top of that, I like to keep things uniform, but I had my mom get me cars 2 and Finding Nemo. Since I wasnt there to nitpick the packaging I ended up with the dvd casing version of Nemo, and this stupid tap light shaped thing for Cars 2 instead of a proper case.

So yeah, my collection is all over the place now.
I have not yet picked up my copy of "Nemo" on Blu-ray, but was planing on doing so in the next few months. If you like, you can have my case when I do. I repackage all my DVD's/Blu-ray's, so I have no use for the original packaging.

Anyway, my collection is in release date order. I keep the Disney Animated Classics next to, but separate from the Pixar films, which is next to the Disney shorts, which is next to the Disney "Showcase" titles as I call them (i.e. Disney animated films not part of the DAC collection), which is next to the Disney tv shows, which is next to the Disney Nature Documentaries, which is (finally) next to the Disney Live-Actions films.

I find by keeping them in release order, I don't have to re-shuffle my collection very much every time a new film comes out.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
thelittleursula
Anniversary Edition

Post by thelittleursula »

* Puts Up and Finding Nemo next to each other on the shelf *

Yup.

:shrug:
Philbobaggins

Post by Philbobaggins »

Pixar = Date Order
Classics = Classic Numerical Order