The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition - Fall 2013

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
jpanimation
Anniversary Edition

Re: The Little Mermaid: Diamond Edition - Fall 2013

Post by jpanimation »

SWillie! wrote:What a weird mistake. How does that even happen? Not that it makes all the difference in the world, but it IS a mistake. I don't get how stuff like this KEEPS happening.
I get it if the directors or creative team decide to change a scene or color pallet. I get it if the restoration team wants to drown the film in DNR. I get that, it's intentional, whether I agree with it or not. What I don't get are these errors. What is happening with quality control? As you say, the cloud missing in The Lion King or the flipped shots in The Little Mermaid don't destroy the respective films but why is it being allowed to happen at all?
taei
Special Edition

Post by taei »

Have you guys seen the latest TV spot?

It appears when you select a video on that Disney.com little mermaid page...

It's basically a girl talking about how totally rad Ariel is and "omg he's so cute" eric and lets not forget the "not cool" ursula....

srsly Disney? How did we go from this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca0xLoqZUXQ[/youtube]
to this:

I don't understand why they couldn't just use this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Zb-EtGptg[/youtube]
"In every age, Family is king,
and the bravest journeys, are never taken alone."
-Brave.
DylanCharles90
Limited Issue

Post by DylanCharles90 »

First of all, thanks so much to Sicoe6256 for the complete score! :)

i took the 'Greatest Hits' album art and just replaced it with Collector's edition and i really like it compared to the Platinum soundtrack cover. i attached it jst in case anyone wants it.

secondly, all the screencaps from the blu ray are now up!
http://disneyscreencaps.com/the-little-mermaid-1989/1/

enjoy! :)
Attachments
TLM Album copy3.jpg
TLM Album copy3.jpg (150.06 KiB) Viewed 5191 times
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Sweet Jesus, I've got to stop spoiling myself rotten like this. :oops:
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

That 'Oh M Geeee!' TV spot truly revolts me to my core. The other spot was lovely though! That's the one I've seen (or similar) on UK tv.
Patrick
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Patrick »

Would anyone mind sharing the score/soundtrack with me? :oops:
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

I didn't expect Musker & Clements would be doing press for the Diamond release.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbnNNx-iV8A[/youtube]
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Special Edition

Post by 271286 »

^Always nice to see new interviews with these guys... The backdrop looks so cheap though... You can see the pins people!! (With the voice of Phoebe Buffay: You can see the strings people!!)...
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

It's interesting to listen to the entire score, particularly songs without the lyrics. "Part of That World" is very beautiful--well, we already knew that, but even without the lyrics. :P And for some reason "PUS" makes me think of some kind of depraved circus. (Btw, I love some of the track titles--like "Ursula's Demented Plan.") I wish there was a way to get the complete score for all the Menken films, especially (my bias for those soundtracks showing here). The only other non-Menken films that come to mind that I'd like to hear the score of would be Mulan, Sleeping Beauty and Bambi. Oh, and possibly TLK.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Jay
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jay »

I know I'm late to the game but Sicoe6256 would you please be able to email me the score as well?
[email protected]

Thank you :D
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

I would love to have the score, too!

Anyone, please?
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Can I have the score as well? If you want to know my e-mail (on the off-chance it isn't on my profile), please PM me for it.
Last edited by DisneyJedi on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Uhh Guys, I suggest you just private message your emails and not list them wide and open unless you want spam sites to find your emails and you start getting emails from a Nigerian Prince and all. :wink:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

As eager as we all are to have the complete score for The Little Mermaid, bear in mind that open discussion of the sharing of copyright material is discouraged on this forum (Please consult our revised forum rules and guidelines for more). I can't help what's been said here already, but please continue any further discussion in private e-mails or messages. I'm not entirely sure if the PM issues has been changed yet (oldschool UD prevented the use of sending PM's for new members after a certain date, which is now quite an old date), but if any member currently does not have PM abilities, please contact Luke (tsdvd at yahoo dot com) to have that matter resolved.

Also, as Michael has already suggested, I would also recommend that members refrain from openly posting their e-mails here, lest they wish for hackers, spambots, or Nigerian Princes to acquire the addresses (especially those that automatically get linked via the @ ) for their own particular uses. For those that have already done so, I'd recommend editing your posts.

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney Guru
Platinum Edition

Post by Disney Guru »

Also for those that plan to see it in 3D in theaters later this month, the fabulous Pat Carroll voice of Ursula. Has recorded a new introduction to the film.
"I have this tremendous energy. I just loved and love life. I love it today. I never want to die."
~Jayne Meadows Allen~
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

Escapay wrote:As eager as we all are to have the complete score for The Little Mermaid, bear in mind that open discussion of the sharing of copyright material is discouraged on this forum (Please consult our revised forum rules and guidelines for more). I can't help what's been said here already, but please continue any further discussion in private e-mails or messages. I'm not entirely sure if the PM issues has been changed yet (oldschool UD prevented the use of sending PM's for new members after a certain date, which is now quite an old date), but if any member currently does not have PM abilities, please contact Luke (tsdvd at yahoo dot com) to have that matter resolved.

Also, as Michael has already suggested, I would also recommend that members refrain from openly posting their e-mails here, lest they wish for hackers, spambots, or Nigerian Princes to acquire the addresses (especially those that automatically get linked via the @ ) for their own particular uses. For those that have already done so, I'd recommend editing your posts.

Albert
Figures this would be posted right before I got to reply. :lol:

Since the request to stop asking on the open forum was posted, I won't officially ask for anything here ( :wink: )

Thanks for the contact info for PM troubles, Escapay, I've sent an email as I can't seem to get it to work.
DisneyFreakSteven

Post by DisneyFreakSteven »

Well it's Sept. 4th and still no hint of Wal-Mart's exclusive giftset yet. Ugh. I collect the Giftsets, have them all, 2 of each. I really hope that Wal-Mart isn't going to stop on me now. :(
Khonnor
Special Edition

Post by Khonnor »

No Trilogy set for the US?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Khonnor wrote:No Trilogy set for the US?
If it were to be released on October 1st, I think we would have heard something a long time ago unless it's a retailer exclusive somewhere but I doubt it. However I am suprised by this myself. I thought a Trilogy Blu Ray in the since got Cinderella Mermaid should be a no brainer. However perhaps the Cinderella one didn't sell as much as Disney would have liked, so they decided to opt out of the trilogy set. That's the only reason I can think of why there might not be a trilogy release. Disney not having faith in their biggest hits from the past these days is most frustrating indeed.

The only thing I can find so far is that Best Buy will have a Lunch Box. I imagine Wal-Mart will have some exclusive though it is odd Wal-Mart's website didn't post anything about it yet

Here's the link to the Lunch Box, but sadly there is no picture

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Little+Merm ... &lp=9&cp=1
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Now that does surprise me; they have obviously done the transfer as Europe are getting it (on blu) so I wonder why it has been pulled from the US ?