Rocko's Modern Life Complete Series DVD Coming Soon

Discussion of non-Disney DVD and Blu-ray.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Rocko's Modern Life Complete Series DVD Coming Soon

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Source:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos-Mod ... ries/17820
The street date of February 26th is also announced for Rocko's Modern Life - The Complete Series on DVD. Note that this info is coming strictly from the show's creator; so far no official announcement has been provided by Shout! Factory themselves. Therefore, any information we've passed on is not necessarily final, and could be subject to change. Stay tuned for the studio's word on the subject, and package art as well, just as soon as they're available! Our thanks to the many readers of ours who wrote in about this item, beginning with "Ty."

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos-Mod ... z2E2lkEhE0
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I hate that some of the episodes are edited (lousy censors) on all the seasons because of innuendo. I already own seasons 1-3 individually, but when is season 4 coming out? He hasn't specified on his blog from what I've seen.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I hate that some of the episodes are edited (lousy censors) on all the seasons because of innuendo. I already own seasons 1-3 individually, but when is season 4 coming out? He hasn't specified on his blog from what I've seen.
This is all I found in that Article regarding Season 4
few weeks ago we passed along word from show creator Joe Murray that Shout! Factory is working on a DVD release of Rocko's Modern Life - Season 4, and that fans should expect this final season of the Nickelodeon-aired show sometime in the new year. At the time, Murray also said, "there may be a surprise in the future"...and now we know what that surprise is! In his latest blog entry, Murray related that even before Shout! distributed that final season on its own,

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos-Mod ... z2E6VnYSWr

Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

It sounds like the complete series set is coming out before season 4 is, which is pretty annoying.

I might get the big set if it's cheap enough though, since I only have season 1 myself. I couldn't afford to get 2 or 3 when they came out, and by the time I could, they were gone from here.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

it's official, Here's the link to the press release.

It will be an 8 DVD box set on February 28th

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos-Mod ... ries/17827

KACENAID
Gold Classic Collection

Post by KACENAID »

I think it's great that Shout Factory is releasing this, but it kinda irks me when it says, "Complete Series" because it certainly wouldn't be complete with the edits still being intact. :roll: Oh well !
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I wish I had ordered this when they were offering the signed lithograph, I was going back and forth, and by the time I had decided to order it they only had the non-signed litho available.

Still awesome though, can't wait to get it! Now if they can just finish up AAHHH!!! Real Monsters I'll be set (Hey Arnold! would be nice too, but I'm not really sweating it, as I still have the amazon burn-on-demand releases, but a more legit release of the rest of the series would be nice).

I'd love it if Shout! would release Doug and Rugrats too. Anyone know why they aren't releasing those two?
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I read somewhere that Nick wanted to keep the rights to release Rugrats on DVD for whatever reason. It'd explain why they recently put out those holiday discs and the pack with all of its feature films. Sadly, I doubt they'll do much beyond that, though.

As for Doug, beats me. It seems like Shout! only got the rights to these shows for now. I wish they got more live-action series instead of just Hey Dude. I don't see how CatDog and Danny Phantom would sell better than Salute Your Shorts or Kenan & Kel.
AladdinFan
Special Edition

Post by AladdinFan »

rexcrk wrote:I wish I had ordered this when they were offering the signed lithograph, I was going back and forth, and by the time I had decided to order it they only had the non-signed litho available.

Still awesome though, can't wait to get it! Now if they can just finish up AAHHH!!! Real Monsters I'll be set (Hey Arnold! would be nice too, but I'm not really sweating it, as I still have the amazon burn-on-demand releases, but a more legit release of the rest of the series would be nice).

I'd love it if Shout! would release Doug and Rugrats too. Anyone know why they aren't releasing those two?
Same here with the signed lithograph and the price was too high for me. Around $46 after tax and shipping but eventually bought it. Early January receive a mail from Shout! that the Complete DVD Set price decreased. Really happy cause now only have to pay around $35 w/signed lithograph.

I think they should release Rugrats and finish releasing the Angry Beavers seasons.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

Got mine in the mail the other, definitely worth it for the lithograph even though I already had seasons 1-3, this was such a great price. The only thing I think would make it better would be if they included an episode list insert. But that's definitely not a deal-breaker lol
But the thing that makes Woody special, is he'll never give up on you... ever. He'll be there for you, no matter what.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

As somebody who hasn't kept track of this series.. Is it in fact any good? I believe I spent most of the time looking at Wild Thornberry reruns instead😄 the animation looks different enough, but is it really watchable?
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

It's the best Nicktoon of the 90's, and one of the best animated series ever made.

Fifteenth, in fact. :wink:
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Re: Rocko's Modern Life Complete Series DVD Coming Soon

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Looks like we are going to get a separate release of Volume Four after all (for those who opted out on buying the complete series set)

Source http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos ... on-4/18734
It's been a looong time since we had the heads-up, but the title is on the way at last! Shout! Factory has scheduled an street date for Rocko's Modern Life - The Final Season on DVD. This 2-disc set will be priced at $19.93 SRP, and you can pre-order it from Amazon at a discount right away using the button link just below. Under that is the cover art. Our thanks to reader Robert Banner for the heads-up about it!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Rockos ... z2ZXp0ZaEb
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

That's great news for those who bought the previous sets.

I had only got the first one prior to the release of the complete series set, which I ended up buying after I found it at WalMart for $25, only $10 more than that I spent for the first season. Worth every penny.
rexcrk
Anniversary Edition

Post by rexcrk »

I really like that cover. I just love how involved Joe Murray had become with the release of his show on DVD.

I dunno, I feel like it's something special when a creator actually cares that much about his work. All of his cover designs have been great, and I absolutely love the litho he created for the Complete Series set. All the bonus features on the DVDs are really great too.