2011 UD Secret Santa - Post HERE When you SEND and RECEIVE

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

Now I feel much less horrible. I also sent out my Secret Cindy Lou Who's gift today.
Brer Brandon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Brer Brandon »

Saturday when I went to the Post Office, I had a package slip in my box. The store part was closed already so I couldn't get my package. Monday, I had to stay in town (the big town where I work, not the small town where I live) and wait around for school council meeting/parents' night. When I stopped by to get my mail before heading home, I had another package slip. Finally, today I got to the Post Office before closing and was able to get my two packages. They were both from my Secret Santa, PixarFan2006! I received two great gifts I was really wanting. "Muppets From Space" and the just released first volume of Fantagraphics' Carl Barks library, "Walt Disney's Donald Duck: Lost in the Andes." This book was at the top of my wish list all year! Thank you so much and merry Christmas![/i]
blessedarethegeek.tumblr.com
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

Glad you finally got your gifts, man! I was starting to get worried for a minute there. I hope you enjoy them both and Happy Holidays once again! :santa:
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Hey disneyboy20022! Today I received the Christmas card you mailed seperate from the package. Thank you! :santa:
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

I received my gift today from Sky Syndrome! Thank you so much! It ironically arrived just as I was about to leave my house, so I might not have gotten to open it until tomorrow, but I did!

Shantel got me Birds of Prey: The Complete Series, which I have been wanting for a long time, and an awesome blue velvet-ish type figure that I am now in love with.

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, and thanks again, Shantel!

- Daniel

And to my SCLW, your present should be arriving shortly!! :santa:

EDIT: The blue figure was made by Sky Syndrome herself, which makes it even cooler! :D
Sky Syndrome
Anniversary Edition

Post by Sky Syndrome »

Wow! It really did take two days to arrive like the lady managing the post office counter said. I haven't heard of the Birds of Prey TV show before I shopped for your gift and reading the back of the case I decided someday I'm going to watch it. I'm a Batman fan. :D

I'm glad you love the blue yarn doll. It's a yarn doll of firsts for me in yarn doll making. Biggest I've made so far (previous dolls are a couple inches shorter), being made of thick yarn, and being made of shiny felt-type yarn. I hope to find more of this shiny thick yarn in blue and other colors for future yarn dolls.
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

I came home from college today (it's finally break)! Lo and behold, I saw a package from Amazon that I hadn't bought! Inside, I saw that I received The Sound of Music Blu-ray and Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray! I'm so so excited for them; I've only heard fantastic things about TSoM's Blu-ray debut (I was planning on renting from the library this weekend, but now I don't have to!) and I already love Dorian Gray! I'll definitely post a picture either tonight or tomorrow. The only unfortunate thing is that I have no idea who the gift is from. There wasn't a note in the box and I haven't received a card in the mail. Hopefully I'll get a card soon, or if there won't be a card you can definitely reveal yourself so I can thank you appropriately. I'm so excited, thank you Secret Santa!!!!!
:santa: :D :santa: :D :santa:
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
DaveWadding
Collector's Edition

Post by DaveWadding »

TheSequelOfDisney wrote:I came home from college today (it's finally break)! Lo and behold, I saw a package from Amazon that I hadn't bought! Inside, I saw that I received The Sound of Music Blu-ray and Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray! I'm so so excited for them; I've only heard fantastic things about TSoM's Blu-ray debut (I was planning on renting from the library this weekend, but now I don't have to!) and I already love Dorian Gray! I'll definitely post a picture either tonight or tomorrow. The only unfortunate thing is that I have no idea who the gift is from. There wasn't a note in the box and I haven't received a card in the mail. Hopefully I'll get a card soon, or if there won't be a card you can definitely reveal yourself so I can thank you appropriately. I'm so excited, thank you Secret Santa!!!!!
:santa: :D :santa: :D :santa:
I wrote a gift note and everything. Why does Amazon never include these things? Bah!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

DaveWadding wrote:I wrote a gift note and everything. Why does Amazon never include these things? Bah!
I have no idea why it wasn't included, but I would like to say thank you very very much for the gift! I've been wanting The Sound of Music for quite awhile; I've already watched it in fact and it looks absolutely stunning! And The Picture of Dorian Gray is one of my favorites so I'm sure I'll read it again soon. Thank you so much, Dave! :D
MickeyMouseboy
Platinum Edition

Post by MickeyMouseboy »

I sent out my main Xmas gift with 2 days shipping. My Secret Santa should get it tuesday and the extra goodies shortly after :)
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I got a Christmas card today from my Secret Santa.........

Linden.

The card was a nice Winnie the Pooh card. Inside, Linden (aka Lindsey) told me she was sorry she couldn't afford to get me as much as the other members did (Which does not really bother me that much as long as you were able to follow the price limit, btw). Also,Good job on getting the first Complete Peanuts book, as it is now out of stock on Amazon(at the moment, at least).
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Forgot to say I sent out my gift already! Can't wait for my person to get it! Was about to say their gender. Oops! :lol:
Linden
Special Edition

Post by Linden »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I got a Christmas card today from my Secret Santa.........

Linden.

The card was a nice Winnie the Pooh card. Inside, Linden (aka Lindsey) told me she was sorry she couldn't afford to get me as much as the other members did (Which does not really bother me that much as long as you were able to follow the price limit, btw). Also,Good job on getting the first Complete Peanuts book, as it is now out of stock on Amazon(at the moment, at least).
Oh, I'm glad you got the card! I didn't know it sold out already! Good thing I ordered it early. I had a lot of fun picking out your gift. I LOVE Peanuts too, and I hope you enjoy your book. :) Merry Christmas! :santa:
AliceinWonderland
Gold Classic Collection

Post by AliceinWonderland »

I got my present a few days ago ( sorry for the late posting)
I first got a lovely card from TheSequelOfDisney with a drawing of a Christmas tree :)
He informed me that my package was in the mail. A few days later a package came from the Disney Store. :o
I got a fluffy Cheshire Cat plush and Alice in Wonderland tea. It couldn't come at a better time.. it's been cold here (for a California girl :lol:) and the tea has been hitting the spot. Thanks again!
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

AliceinWonderland wrote:I got my present a few days ago ( sorry for the late posting)
I first got a lovely card from TheSequelOfDisney with a drawing of a Christmas tree :)
He informed me that my package was in the mail. A few days later a package came from the Disney Store. :o
I got a fluffy Cheshire Cat plush and Alice in Wonderland tea. It couldn't come at a better time.. it's been cold here (for a California girl :lol:) and the tea has been hitting the spot. Thanks again!
Yay!! I'm so glad that you got it :D I had hoped you would like tea; there was an awesome Alice in Wonderland tea maker (that would've been perfect to use with the tea), but it was kind of my over budget. But I'm super happy that you liked everything (especially the tea) :D :santa: :D
pinkrenata
Anniversary Edition

Post by pinkrenata »

I sent out the package for my Secret Cindy Lou Who a few days ago. He/she should be receiving it either today or Monday! :santa: :tink:
WIST #1 (The pinkrenata Edition) -- Kram Nebuer: *mouth full of Oreos* Why do you have a picture of Bobby Driscoll?

"I'm a nudist!" - Tommy Kirk
magicalwands
Collector's Edition

Post by magicalwands »

Today I slept in. Finals were done, Christmas is coming, just feeling really good. So, I didn't mind when I was woken up by the mailman at the door. Was extremely surprised to see a huge package from pinkrenata!

In a Tinkerbell card (I LOVE tinkerbell btw) she wrote how she visited New York so that's why there is a New York Disney Store Vinylmation! (It is the Statue of Liberty one which I think is the best IMO) and broadway books for Mary Poppins and The Lion King. How was New York and Mary Poppins Renata? I actually went to New York this past summer and I missed the Disney Store and seeing at least one broadway show. So thanks for these! And finally, she got me Pinky and the Brain Volume 3 which finishes my collection for me! Oh, and there was candy included in the package...delicious!

Thank you so much pinkrenata! I can tell so much love was put into this. Merry Christmas to you!
Brer Brandon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Brer Brandon »

To my SCLW, Tracking says your gift is estimated to get to you on Wednesday, but it's very close to you now so maybe you'll get it earlier.
blessedarethegeek.tumblr.com
reyquila
Anniversary Edition

Post by reyquila »

Brer Brandon wrote:To my SCLW, Tracking says your gift is estimated to get to you on Wednesday, but it's very close to you now so maybe you'll get it earlier.
Well my friend!! I got it today!! Excellent and surprising!! Brer Brandon got me Donald Duck Lost in the Andes!!! Thanks man!! Happy Holidays and an excellent 2012 to you and to all!!
WDW Trips: 1992,1997,2005,2006, 2007, 2008, 2009-10 (Disney's Port Orleans-Riverside), 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2022.
Disneyland Trips: 2008 (Disneyland Hotel) and 2016
Disney Cruises: 2007, 2010 (Wonder) and 2012 (Dream).
My Disney Movies http://connect.collectorz.com/users/peluche/movies/view
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

reyquila wrote:
Brer Brandon wrote:To my SCLW, Tracking says your gift is estimated to get to you on Wednesday, but it's very close to you now so maybe you'll get it earlier.
Well my friend!! I got it today!! Excellent and surprising!! Brer Brandon got me Donald Duck Lost in the Andes!!! Thanks man!! Happy Holidays and an excellent 2012 to you and to all!!
The same thing I got my secret CLW! What are the odds?!