Cookie Monster auditions for SNL

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Barbossa
Collector's Edition

Cookie Monster auditions for SNL

Post by Barbossa »

Too funny:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-PkQRh3QXA?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/C-PkQRh3QXA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Hope he does host!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

HA YAAAAAAAAYYY!!!!

I hope he gets there! I'm gonna join to get him there! What a brilliant idea!

That was really funny! Aw, he bwew up though, sad. But Cookie Gaga! And the end, all the credits...were all him!

TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Oh gosh, that was absolutely hilarious! rotfl
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Sesame Street will always be one of the only reliable lasting bright spots of American culture. They are utterly brilliant ("I'd like to thank Betty Crocker, Sara Lee, Little Debbie") and always will be.
Disney Duster wrote:But Cookie Gaga! TOO FUNNY!!!!
Monster Gaga (again, brilliant) was very cute. Kinda looks like a gypsy, though. Prairie Dawn should do Monster Gaga as a costume.
4 Disney Atmosphere Images
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

could someone link me directly to the facebook page? my PS3 browser doesnt let me search on fb for some reason.
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

ajmrowland wrote:could someone link me directly to the facebook page? my PS3 browser doesnt let me search on fb for some reason.
This what you mean? :

http://www.facebook.com/CookieMonster

If not, try: http://www.facebook.com/CookieMonster#! ... 6933655526
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

yep, thx :D
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

2 Facebook pages for 1 guy... Man, does he like to hog the spotlight or what.

(And you're welcome.)
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Does anyone think Lorne would ever allow this? I'm SURE he'd let Cookie come on for a sketch or two but I sadly doubt very much a Muppet would ever be the sole host of SNL.

-Sky
Lazario
Suspended

Post by Lazario »

Oh, I don't know. After that Katy Perry and Elmo thing, I think it's a possibility. SS are a lot more cutting edge than most people are willing to give them credit for, as Grover's Old Spice parody is testament to. But I think it would more likely be a group of the characters. If the Count's still around, Oscar, etc(.), I think they would do musical-chairs on one show.

And it's a great idea. Since I still think SNL's material is/has gotten stale. I don't even watch the show anymore in fear of seeing another "Shy Ronnie" skit. But then again, I don't watch the show anymore.
:lol:
Brer Brandon
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Brer Brandon »

Cookie Monster was on SNL last night. He sang a song with Jeff Bridges during the monologue.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

JiminyCrick91 wrote:Does anyone think Lorne would ever allow this? I'm SURE he'd let Cookie come on for a sketch or two but I sadly doubt very much a Muppet would ever be the sole host of SNL.

-Sky
According to Muppet Wiki, they were regular performers in the show's first season, and have continued making appearances since then. With all that experience working with Muppets, surely by now the SNL crew would figure out how to manage an entire episode hosted by one. I think that if they haven't had a Muppet host an entire episode by now that it might not happen.

Still, it's always fun showing support for Cookie Monster. I totally missed his performance with Jeff Bridges last night, will have to catch it later online.

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

Escapay wrote: According to Muppet Wiki, they were regular performers in the show's first season, and have continued making appearances since then. With all that experience working with Muppets, surely by now the SNL crew would figure out how to manage an entire episode hosted by one. I think that if they haven't had a Muppet host an entire episode by now that it might not happen.
It was a different time in 1975 and to be honest Jim's muppet bits totally did not gel with the stuff the main Not Ready For Prime Time Players would do.

I did see Cookie's song on youtube however and it was very cute. People seem to love him so I'm sure they would get big ratings out of an all Cookie epsiode.

-Skyler