Tangled (aka Rapunzel) Discussion - Part III

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

Wow, great quality!! =)
I love Rapunzel each day more!! She's so Ariel!!! :_D
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE , KILL JOY AND OLD, TOO FIND IT NOT FUNNY

It's... gross, innapropriate, ridiculous. That movie will be funny, it does not need that kind of rude, bad tasting silliness. Hope it's not in the movie. It's like Snow White dressing Grumpy into Snow White : RIDICULOUS
Animalia
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Animalia »

Edthehyena wrote:AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE , KILL JOY AND OLD, TOO FIND IT NOT FUNNY

It's... gross, innapropriate, ridiculous. That movie will be funny, it does not need that kind of rude, bad tasting silliness. Hope it's not in the movie. It's like Snow White dressing Grumpy into Snow White : RIDICULOUS
So what you're saying is that the hula song in Lion King is not funny, because Timon is wearing a hulu skirt? And the scene in Mulan is not funny because they dressed up as females? Also have you never seen someone dress their male dog in a tutu? :o
DisneyDude2010
Special Edition

Post by DisneyDude2010 »

IS this the same dress Rapunzel wears in the trailer? - to me they look slightly different (Or is it just lighting?)

Rapunzel Trailer
---------------------------------------

Rapunzel Puzzle Thingy :lol:
----------------------------------------

So what do u think > ???
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

It's the same dress, the new image (with Pascal) has too much light )I think), that's why her drees looks more bright
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

:lol: That's so awesome. So funny. I LOVE Pascal! That kind of cheered me up- I needed that! Haha, his expression is so priceless!
Margos
Anniversary Edition

Post by Margos »

Yeah, I don't think the humor of that shot is too ridiculous. It reminds me of pictures on the Internet of animals in ridiculous costumes, captioned with something like "My human will pay for this." It's hilarious! :lol: And her face is sooo cute! :D
http://dragonsbane.webs.com
http://childrenofnight.webs.com

^My websites promoting my two WIP novels! Check them out for exclusive content!
RodryCroft
Gold Classic Collection

Post by RodryCroft »

I don't think it's ridiculous, I think this is the kind of "modern humor" that Disney want to give to this movie.
I know a lot of girls who uses their little brothers to dress them with their clothes to make jokes.
In Rapunzel's case, she's been locked in her tower all her life, and Pascal is like a brother to her. It's a typical situation between brothers, I find it very cute =)
Prince Kido
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Prince Kido »

Of course the image has too much saturated colors but it is the same dress.

I suggest to Ed the Hyena to calm down a bit and stop over-reacting as it is only a cute and fun 1 second gag in the movie.
CiciRose

Post by CiciRose »

mawnck wrote:So here's my other question ... did they did, or did they did not, show the Octo-Hair fight and/or represent it as being in the movie? Cause I don't think it was in the version I saw.
They did not (thankfully :lol:). Flynn says "Alooone at la-" and gets knocked out. It cuts back to the room, Flynn is unconscious in the chair, which, if I remember correctly, is being dragged into the center of the room (by something the audience can't see), which is the only lit area. Like I said before, it was a month ago, so I probably got more wrong than I did right.

I won't go into anymore in case people don't want anything spoiled. Plus, it was such a good introduction to the characters that, frankly, I wouldn't want to talk about it anyway :lol:

By the way, that image is adorable! Poor Pascal, I wonder how often Rapunzel has made him play dress up over the years.
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

Ok sorry guys

I'll calm down.
mawnck
Limited Issue

Post by mawnck »

CiciRose wrote:They did not (thankfully :lol:). Flynn says "Alooone at la-" and gets knocked out. It cuts back to the room etc.
GOOD! That's exactly what I remember from the screening. So I'm not insane.

Or we both are. Not sure which.
Ember

Post by Ember »

DisneyDude2010 wrote:IS this the same dress Rapunzel wears in the trailer? - to me they look slightly different (Or is it just lighting?)
I agree with you.

It's almost identical, but the thing that sticks out for me is the lace edging on the sleeves and collar. In the trailer, the lace is definitely a sheer white, with pink lace on the bottom edge of the bodice.
On this new image it looks more a transparent light blue.
The embroidery on the cuffs of the sleeves also looks a touch thicker than in the trailer (though it could just be foreshortening because of the angle of the shot that shows it in the trailer).

Image Image

Compared with:

CiciRose

Post by CiciRose »

mawnck wrote:GOOD! That's exactly what I remember from the screening. So I'm not insane.

Or we both are. Not sure which.
Awesome! I don't know why but, even after seeing the clip, part of me was still paranoid that the hair pummeling wasn't just for the trailer after all.

You make a good point there :lol:
Edthehyena
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Edthehyena »

One thing is sure : The more i see Rapunzel's dress here or there, the less purple or lilac it seems. Come on ... It's PINK !
Animalia
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Animalia »

“For deep within the forest, in a hidden tower...”

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 ... 3565352984

It's pretty nice, reminds me of Mulan concept art. :)
alanzanella

Tangled

Post by alanzanella »

Live action ^^ ahah
DancingCrab
Anniversary Edition

Post by DancingCrab »

The colors are much more toned down here to match the other stills better.

Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Who are the people in the live-action picture?

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Coolmanio
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Coolmanio »

Escapay wrote:Who are the people in the live-action picture?

albert
Gotta admit, it kinda looks like a still from..... adult entertainment :oops: