Lilo & Stitch 2-Disc Big Wave Edition 3/24/09

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

In the UK you can get the 2 disc for about £7. I don't see them re-releasing it.
Most of my Blu-ray collection some of my UK discs aren't on their database
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

DVDActive has news on the new 2-Disc SE:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... itch2.html
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:DVDActive has news on the new 2-Disc SE:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/ ... itch2.html
I love how 3 hours or so is called "an interactive behind the scenes featurette". Good job Disney knows how to sell the benefits of the 2 disc set. Apparently those benefits are repeated music videos. :roll:
jotaabs
Limited Issue

Post by jotaabs »

Anybody knows if this one is coming to Europe? At least, outside UK?
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

jotaabs wrote:Anybody knows if this one is coming to Europe? At least, outside UK?
I'm pretty sure it's still available in most Europan countries.
jotaabs
Limited Issue

Post by jotaabs »

PatrickvD wrote:
jotaabs wrote:Anybody knows if this one is coming to Europe? At least, outside UK?
I'm pretty sure it's still available in most Europan countries.
It never came out in Portugal :/
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Would it kill Disney to come up with new cover art instead of recycling the UK ones? :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

sotiris2006 wrote:Would it kill Disney to come up with new cover art instead of recycling the UK ones? :roll:
Well, considering that this release is four/five years overdue in the US (it was advertised in a flyer in the Alice in Wonderland Masterpiece Edition as "coming soon" - a scan of which was on this site but now I can't find it), this cover art was probably going to be used on that edition anyway.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

jotaabs wrote:
PatrickvD wrote: I'm pretty sure it's still available in most Europan countries.
It never came out in Portugal :/
Same here. Only the single-disc edition came out.
sotiris2006 wrote:Would it kill Disney to come up with new cover art instead of recycling the UK ones? :roll:
At least it looks good and shows what the movie's about, unlike the one for "Pocahontas" which completely kills the mood of the film.

And Sotiris2006, about your signature: images 1 and 4, which movies/TV shows are they from?
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Are they gonna have the FULL MUSIC VIDEO for wyonna's Burning Love? Wasn't it suppose to be on here?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

Matt wrote:Are they gonna have the FULL MUSIC VIDEO for wyonna's Burning Love? Wasn't it suppose to be on here?
It seems so. Remember this is an identical release to what's me.in the UK for some t
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

mooky_7_sa wrote: At least it looks good and shows what the movie's about, unlike the one for "Pocahontas" which completely kills the mood of the film.
Yeah, i guess you're right about that. It could have been worse.
mooky_7_sa wrote:And Sotiris2006, about your signature: images 1 and 4, which movies/TV shows are they from?
The first one is from P.J Sparkles, an obscure tv special. You can watch the whole thing on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jVArh60DD8

The other one is from Warner Bros' direct-to-video The Mighty Kong. You can watch 2 songs of the movie here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_t ... +kong&aq=f

I also made another sig with more characters that Jodi has voiced but it was too big. I guess I can post it here just this once for everyone to see: Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

ajmrowland wrote:
Matt wrote:Are they gonna have the FULL MUSIC VIDEO for wyonna's Burning Love? Wasn't it suppose to be on here?
It seems so. Remember this is an identical release to what's me.in the UK for some t
and they have the full video right?
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

IDK, I think I heard it it did somewhere on this forum.
Goliath
Diamond Edition

Post by Goliath »

Really, who cares? What does it matter?
xxhplinkxx
Collector's Edition

Post by xxhplinkxx »

Recycled or not, I'm not a huge fan of the cover. I don't see why David should be there and not Nani. I dunno, it's just nothing special. Does anyone know if the original theatrical trailers will be included? I love The Little Mermaid trailer. :p

Also...
Escapay wrote:For any UDers around during the days of danfrandes...

A Blast from the Past

Scary, isn't it?

albert
rotfl :lol: rotfl

Who'd have thought that all this time he was right...

"Hip hop frightens you, doesn't it....Hmmm...Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate. Hate leads to endlessly posting threads about stupid white people. Hmmmmm....."

I love Siren!
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

UGHHH! So upset! I knew it wasn't gonna be the FULL music video to Wynonna's music video. Also Can't Help Falling In Love With You isn't the FULL music video as well. I thought on the UK version you get that? This is NOT a copy of the UK version then! UGHHH :x :(
Jake Lipson
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jake Lipson »

I was hesitant to rebuy this because I'm sure I'll get the Blu-ray release down the line when it comes out, but Luke's review sold me on it now. I can't waiit to see all of that documentary stuff, especially because this got the shaft in its original release. When the two-disc set srrives from Amazon next week, it will be a long time coming.
<a href=http://jakelipson.dvdaf.com/owned/ target=blank>My modest collection of little silver movie discss</a>
2099net
Signature Collection

Post by 2099net »

in his review about the footnotes Luke wrote:That design suggests a subtitle track to cut away to this content from the documentary might have been a nice touch...
Er. There is isn't there? At least on the R2 release.
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

So, is there anything on the R2 release of this that didn't make it to the R1? I didn't see anything saying there was in the review, but I just like to be sure.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"