The Indiana Jones Thread

All topics on all things Lucasfilm.
deathie mouse
Ultraviolet Edition

Post by deathie mouse »

well the one i saw, the hand opens the chest, we see the heart beating, the hand goes in and grabs it and rips it out from the chest still beating.
the last time i saw it on tv (european tv, in widescreen) for example they cut to a shot of the hand pulling the heart already outside the chest *after* it had grabbed it and ripped it out (which on the original print caused my dad to say an expletitive :lol: which was amusing cus my dad isn't usually impressed by "tripe hollywood fare" :-D)

It was this scene and i think another one where Indiana beats a kid in the face which caused the unwashed masses to uproar and precipitated the creation of the PG-13 rating back then, wasn't it?
Maybe the current existing version is a toned down "PG" one? shocking. utterly shocking :-P

What's on the DVD?
Joe Carioca
Collector's Edition

Post by Joe Carioca »

Wow, so if the scene is indeed as you recall, the DVD is edited, and badly!
On the DVD, we see the hand going inside the chest, then there is a close up of the slave screaming. The next shot shows Mola Ram with his back to the camera. He turns around with the heart already in his hand. The next shot is of the guy´s chest "closing".
I´m surprised I´ve heard no comments about this edit on sites like IMDb. It makes me utterly disappointed to see how Spielberg has gone to the Dark Side, hehe.

About the scene where Indy beats Short Round up, as far as I know it is intact (he punches the kid on the face once and he falls to the ground). It´s not that I like to see kids being spanked, hehe, but I like to see the reaction of "shock" on people´s faces when they watch scenes like this in a "fun family film", hehe.
DarthBoy
Limited Issue

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Post by DarthBoy »

Who else thought when Donovan drank the false grail and was dying, he looked like Christopher Lloyd before his eyes turned into raisins?