101 Dalmatians: Platinum Edition DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Tony
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Tony »

An insert in the Australian Platinum edition of the Jungle Book confirms 101 Dalmatians for March 2008 and Sleeping Beauty for October 2008.
Last edited by Tony on Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Same here in the US insert. I wonder how the 101 Virtual Dalmations is gon'na work, maybe like Lady and Tramp's Virtual Pup???
Mason_Ireton
Banned

Post by Mason_Ireton »

Sorry bout the double post, but I'm kinda not up for adding more to my prev. post.

It just occured to me that in the future, films with smoke scenes were gon'na rated R, and if I remember correctly, ABC World News did a article on it and one of the examples they used was Cruella De Vill's scene of her smoking when we meet her for the 1st time. Do you think Disney might work their way round that bush or just leave it?
Jack Skellington
Anniversary Edition

Post by Jack Skellington »

What, no Gift Set ?
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

101 Dalmatians DVD COVER!!!

Post by MattDean »

Here is what I think is a first look at the Platinum 101 DVD cover! It came from a British site, hmv.co.uk, although no specs are given. It says Platinum Edition across the top, though! (The same site also gives all UK specs for The Aristocats Special Edition. Yup, the cats are coming at you WIDE!!! Yup, it's a ONE disc!)
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd ... sku=687784

Sorry, you'll have to open the link as I'm unable to copy pic!

Hope it eases the tension for you 101 fans :)
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

(Oops! Didn't need those brackets!) :lol:
PatrickvD
Signature Collection

Post by PatrickvD »

LOVE it.

I'm sure they'll ruin it by giving the characters shiny shades and icky colors that isn't anywhere near the way they looked in the film.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

that image has already been posted in the 101 Dalmatians platinum edition thread.
MattDean
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MattDean »

Doh! :wink:
lighthousemike
Gold Classic Collection

Post by lighthousemike »

lighthousemike
Gold Classic Collection

Post by lighthousemike »

SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

This is probably my favorite Platinum cover art yet. I would prefer it to be more a night setting, given the overall foggy detective story vibe of the film, but it's pretty nice.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Awww, now that it's blown up it looks really great. Cruella looks fabulous, she may have gotten a little botox. Again, I think the red goes really well with this film. I'm really glad to see that the bottom says "March 2008", for a while, I was questioning whether or not we'd get it that early. So excited!!
KubrickFan
Anniversary Edition

Post by KubrickFan »

Wow, really like the art. One of the best of the platinums.
potterrules93
Special Edition

Post by potterrules93 »

if they make the color holographic i dont think it will look too good cause it doesnt really go with the movie.
~Ryn~
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I like the art, but I know they will change it somehow.

I cannot wait until March 2008!
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I'm shocked no one's posted this, yet. TheDigitalBits has revealed some of the bonus material slated to be on this release:

* "101 Pop-Up Trivia Facts for the Family & Collector" Track
* "Redefining the Line: The Making of 101 Dalmatians" Documentary
* "Sincerely Yours, Walt Disney" Featurette
* "Cruella De Vil: Drawn to Be Bad" Featurette
* Deleted songs
* "Cruella De Vil" Music Video by Selena Gomez
* "Puppy Profiler"
* "Disney's Virtual Dalmatians" Game
* And more

And we finally get a definitive release date: March 4th. What I find most interesting is that they're reporting the aspect ratio to be 1.33:1. I don't know if they're merely assuming this based on previous releases, or if Disney's backing away from matted transfers because of the online outcry (which, if the latter's the case, will make me very disappointed). Hopefully the "and more" includes galleries and trailers. It's kind of curious as there's a pop-up fact track but no audio commentary.
Simba3
Collector's Edition

Post by Simba3 »

Thanks for the update DisneyKid. It's nice to have some ideas of what will be featured on this Platinum Edition DVD. Hopefully the making of feature will be long and plentiful. And I'm really excited to see a featurette devoted to Cruella De Vil, that should be great! I'm also glad there is an official date, though I figured it would be March 4th. It typically is the first Tuesday of March, but the confirmation is nice. I'm still eagerly waiting for the website to open and give us some more information.
MagicMirror
Gold Classic Collection

Post by MagicMirror »

Thank you, Disneykid. :)

I love the title 'Redefining the Line'; it suggests that the documentary will have a little about the design and art of the film, rather than just be a lot of fluff.

And, of course, I'm glad there is a featurette devoted entirely to Cruella.

It's a pity that there's no commentary, though.
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

DVDActive has now posted the full press release. While it doesn't reveal any other features besides what TheDigitalBits posted, it at least gives descriptions for the features.

Disney’s Virtual Dalmatians
Adopt, name, train and care for your very own virtual puppy where there are over 101 possibilities.
Puppy Profiler
Find out which dog you’re most like!
101 Pop-Up Trivia Facts For The Family & Collector
Discover 202 amazing things You Never Knew about the movie as you watch it – with 101 pop up facts for the family and 101 for the collector
All-New “Cruella De Vil” Music Video
The classic song “Cruella De Vil” gets a contemporary twist when multitalented teen Disney Channel
star Selena Gomez performs the song in a brand new video!
Redefining The Line: The Making Of 101 Dalmatians
101 Dalmatians is considered by critics to be one of the best and most innovative Disney animated films. Go behind the scenes with its creators to find out about everything - including the technological innovation of the Xerox process in animation.
Cruella De Vil: Drawn To Be Bad
Inspired by flamboyant actress Tallulah Bankhead, Cruella De Vil has become a villain that movie fans love to hate. Marc Davis, an animation legend and one of Disney’s immortal “Nine Old Men” reveals how this iconic character came to be.
Sincerely Yours, Walt Disney
Experience Walt Disney and Dodie Smith’s (author of the book The Hundred and One Dalmatians) actual correspondence during the movie’s production.
Deleted Songs
Songs written for the film - finally come to life!
• And Much More!