Inconsistency in DVD covers

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Inconsistency in DVD covers

Post by REINIER »

Hi, I'm new here (dutch guy) and I was just wondering wether or nor I am the only one that has problems with the inconsistency with dvd-slipcovers.
The shiny logo on a disney dvd, as well as the disney dvd logo keep changing with every release.
Now some of them even have disney fastplay attched to it.
who could give a *** :evil:
We know it already!!

your Thoughts?
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Princess Stitch
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Princess Stitch »

Doesn't really bother me. I do kinda wish that all of the character pictures on the spines of the DVDs lined up. At least they're all different. It irritates me much more when they release half of the movies that look the same and then change the packaging. They did that with the Harry Potter movies and the Simpsons season sets.
jrboy
Anniversary Edition

Post by jrboy »

Princess Stitch wrote:Doesn't really bother me. I do kinda wish that all of the character pictures on the spines of the DVDs lined up.
Yeah, like the Beauty and the Beast trilogy.
Princess Stitch wrote:It irritates me much more when they release half of the movies that look the same and then change the packaging. They did that with the Harry Potter movies and the Simpsons season sets.
I believe that the Harry Potter change was for the best, I mean I hate those stupid digipacks :angry: .
With the Simpsons, Fox learned their lesson after season six and that why they released two different versions of seasons 7, 8, 9, & 10.

:excellent:
SpringHeelJack
Platinum Edition

Post by SpringHeelJack »

It annoyed me when they decided as early as "Beauty and the Beast" that there would be no consistency on the Platinum DVDs. Crap, lining up all my VHS tapes looks better than putting my Platinums on a shelf. It also annoyed me that they put a "I" on the spine of "Beauty and the Beast", which I think was only a marketing gimmick to get people to buy the two sequels. I loathed that.
"Ta ta ta taaaa! Look at me... I'm a snowman! I'm gonna go stand on someone's lawn if I don't get something to do around here pretty soon!"
Disneykid
Diamond Edition

Post by Disneykid »

I admit the inconsistency of Disney's covers and packaging annoyed me at first, because I'm a bit OCD when it comes to consistency. Now that they've gone all higgeldy piggeldy with their releases, I no longer care about uniformity. I'm hoping, though, that Disney will make their Blu-Ray animated classics all match, preferably under the same collection so there's no more Platinum/Gold Classic/Masterpiece/Special/Collector's/Boo-Yah edition separations. I agree with Jack that it's amazing my Disney VHS tapes looked better together than my DVDs do, and that's mainly because Disney only did two different collections where most of their films were released in both.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Have to agree on that, but as always am terribly afraid
that this too will not be handled with respect for the fans
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
Princess Stitch
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Princess Stitch »

jrboy wrote:
Princess Stitch wrote:Doesn't really bother me. I do kinda wish that all of the character pictures on the spines of the DVDs lined up.
Yeah, like the Beauty and the Beast trilogy.
Princess Stitch wrote:It irritates me much more when they release half of the movies that look the same and then change the packaging. They did that with the Harry Potter movies and the Simpsons season sets.
I believe that the Harry Potter change was for the best, I mean I hate those stupid digipacks :angry: .
With the Simpsons, Fox learned their lesson after season six and that why they released two different versions of seasons 7, 8, 9, & 10.

:excellent:
Yeah but they still look bad on the shelf :( and yes 7,8,9,10 have the different versions, but the spines are different. They don't have characters on the top and bottom with the writing in the middle any more