More Ultimate Disney DVD/BluRay (Read the first page first!)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

More Ultimate Disney DVD/BluRay (Read the first page first!)

Post by Big Disney Fan »

Well, it looks like the old Disney DVD/BluRay set thread is dead and everyone is accusing me of destroying it, like I'm a bad person. I will take blame for it, but they should have laid the guidelines out first for everyone so as to avoid making mistakes. Anyway, that's why the new try on that thread here will have the guidelines laid out, so that no one will have to take one's hand and drag them along at a later date. Just make sure you read the first page first. Anyway, here are the guidelines (the guidelines should help so that where TSoD's thread failed, this one will succeed):

1. Be creative, but function like yours is the best.

2. Don't let others' feelings about your DVD get you down. If you yourself are satisified, that's all that really matters.

3. When describing DVD ideas of yours, try to use original bonus features that no one else thought up and maybe even some original wording for said bonuses. I won't flame you if you can't be COMPLETELY original (unlike other posters in this forum that I know, but whose names will go unnamed, to protect the innocent), but at the very least give it a shot.

4. If you can, try to come up with running times for the bonuses on your DVDs. Again, I won't flame you if you can't.

5. Give it everything you got.

6. Remember that this is not a contest or a competition; just create your idea like it's best. If others make one that it's best, don't flame them for being conceited and try to simply outdo them. Instead, try complimenting them and do a different DVD. You'd be surprised how much better that would work and the one to whom you complimented just might one day compliment you for your handiwork.

Oh, and BTW, if you're reading this thread, TSoD, remember this: if you can't post something nice about one's handiwork, then don't post anything here at all.

Anyway, here's mine: the Supreme Masterpiece Collection edition of Pinocchio.

Disc One: Pinocchio - Feature Film and Bonus Materials
Technical Specs:
Digitally Remastered 1.33:1 Original Aspect Ratio
THX-Certified with Optimizer tests
5.1 Disney Enhanced Home Theater Mix (English)
5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack (English, French, Spanish)
2.0 Original Mono Track
Subtitles (English, French, Spanish)
Closed-Captioned for the Hearing Impaired (English)
Full-Motion Interactive 16:9 Menus
24 Chapter Stops (Main feature only)
All Five Main Menu Discs Hosted By Jiminy Cricket

Main Feature: (88 minutes)
- Pinocchio: The Disney classic as was originally intended to be seen: the original version from 70 years ago, digitally restored to its original brilliance and placed onto DVD with the highest transfer possible and featuring the most superb data rate available out there.

Backstage Disney:
- Audio Commentary: Moderated by Roy E. Disney, with pre-recorded comments from Leonard Maltin, John Canemaker, Frank Thomas, Ollie Johnston, Ward Kimball, Don Hahn, Dickie Jones and Jeff Kurtti
- Archival Audio Interviews: Hosted by John Canemaker with Walt Disney
- The Art of Pinocchio's Animation: Text Commentary Track: Another way to view the film, with various facts about the animation's art displayed on the screen as the movie progresses
- Disney Time Capsule: 1940: A look at the year the film was released, talking about not only Disney but American culture in general.

Disc Two: Pinocchio - Feature Film and Bonus Materials
Technical Specs:
Digitally Remastered 1.33:1 Original Aspect Ratio
THX-Certified with Optimizer tests
5.1 Disney Enhanced Home Theater Mix (English)
5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack (English, French, Spanish)
2.0 Original Mono Track
24 Chapter Stops

Main Feature: (88 minutes)
- Pinocchio: A Work In Progress With the Disney Archives: A unique way to view the entire film: through various pencil tests and story reels for the film's segments.
--Angle One: Theatrical (AKA Finished Product)
--Angle Two: Storyboards
--Angle Three: Pencil Tests
--Angle Four: Live-Action References
--Angle Five: Rough Animation
--Angle Six: All of the above (AKA all five angles in one)

Disc Three: Pinocchio - Bonus Materials, Disc One
Technical Specs:
1.33:1 Academy Ratio - Original Aspect Ratio (Vintage Materials)
1.77:1 Anamorphic Widescreen - Original Aspect Ratio (New Materials)
2.0 Dolby Surround (English)
Closed-Captioning for the Hearing Impaired (English)
Scene Selection with 13 Chapter Stops (Main Feature only)

Main Feature:
- Wish Upon a Star: The Making of Pinocchio: New 90-minute documentary about the making of Pinocchio, hosted by Robby Benson, with various new and vintage interviews from Walt Disney, original animators, voice actors, and film critics/historians. It will vastly improve on the making-of featurette found on the laserdisc.

Backstage Disney:
- The Story Behind the Story: A look at how Walt Disney and his team made the famous book, by Carlo Collodi, into a Disney movie. Hosted by Robby Benson.
- The Pinocchio That Almost Was: New featurette covering the 1930s concepts and designs for the film, many of which came straight from the book, before Walt halted production halfway through to rethink the characters.
- Mel Blanc: A look at the famous cartoon voice actor who was originally intended to voice Foulfellow's feline sidekick Gideon, complete with sample snippets of dialogue in the context of the film.
- Tricks of Our Trade: An excerpt from an episode of the Disneyland TV show, illustrating the value of the multiplane camera, used on several early Disney feature films, including Pinocchio. This marks the FIFTH time it's released on Disney DVD; the episode appears in its entirety on the Disney Studio Disney Treasure and in excerpts on Mickey In Color 2 and the Snow White and Bambi PE DVDs.
- Gustaf Tenggren: A featurette on the painter who helped create the backgrounds and scenery for this film.

Disc Four: Pinocchio - Bonus Materials, Disc Two
Technical Specs:
5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack (English)

Main Feature:
- Jiminy Cricket: An Insect of All Trades: A new documentary all about the iconic insect in the film, from original story to screen to corporate mascot (a la the Tinker Bell featurette on the Peter Pan PE).

Backstage Disney:
- Disney Legend: Cliff Edwards: New featurette/tribute to Cliff Edwards (voice of Jiminy Cricket).
- A Cute Kittie: A featurette on how Figaro proved so popular he was later used in various cartoon shorts, especially as a foil for Pluto.
- Location, Location, Location: A featurette, hosted by Robby Benson, which basically answers the question of where the film is set in.
- Restoring Pinocchio: New featurette describing and comparing the film in a before/after split-screen comparison, complete with explanations from the people behind the restoration in both video and audio to make the film look better than ever. Hosted by Robby Benson.
- The Effect of Pinocchio: New featurette showing the film's impact on the world. Hosted by Robby Benson.
- Pinocchio Production Timeline
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey: How Disney Parks Relive the Film: A featurette about the film-based dark ride found at the various Disney parks worldwide, touching on the attraction's development and popularity. Hosted by, you guessed it, Robby Benson.
- Virtual Ride-Thru: Virtual ride-thru of "Pinocchio's Daring Journey".

Disc Five: Pinocchio - Bonus Materials, Disc Three
Technical Specs:
5.1 Dolby Digital soundtrack (English)

Main Features:
- Wishes Come True: The Making of Pinocchio: 2000 featurette
- The Walt Disney Comedy and Magic Revue: 1985 video featurette
- Escape From Pleasure Island Set Top Game: A brand-new interactive game

Music and More:
- "When You Wish Upon a Star" Music Video: Jesse McCartney
- The Making of the Music Video
- Song Demos: A collection of original demos for various songs from the film
--Turn On the Old Music Box
--When You Wish Upon a Star (with deleted intro)
--Instrumental Demo
--Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee
--Puppet Theatre
- Victor Young 78-RPM Album: In 1940, Victor Young conducted a four record 78-RPM Decca album of the songs from the film.
--Jiminy Cricket
--Turn On the Old Music Box
--Three Cheers For Anything
- Sing-Along Songs
--Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee
--I've Got No Strings
- Radio Broadcasts: Radio broadcasts for the film
--Lux Radio Broadcast (December 25, 1939)
--Radio Spots (1962)
--Radio Spots (1971)
- Multi-Language Reels: Some songs from the film in several different languages.
--When You Wish Upon a Star
--I've Got No Strings

Cartoons Shorts:
- 1) FIGARO:
--Figaro and Cleo (1943)
--First Aiders (1944)
--Bath Day (1946)
--Figaro and Frankie (1947)
--Cat Nap Pluto (1948)
--Pluto's Sweater (1949)
- 2) JIMINY CRICKET:
--I'm No Fool With Fire (1955)
--You the Human Animal (1955)
--You the Living Machine (1955)
--You and Your Five Senses (1955)
--I'm No Fool Having Fun (1956)
--I'm No Fool In Water (1956)

Deleted Materials:
- Deleted/Alternate Scenes
--The Mighty Tree
--Stromboli's Marionette Show (alternate scenes)
--Pleasure Island (alternate scenes)
- Deleted Songs
--I'm a Happy-Go-Lucky Fellow
--As I Was Saying To the Duchess
--Three Cheers For Anything
--Monstro the Whale

Publicity Galleries:
- Theatrical Trailers Gallery
--Original Release (1940)
--Re-release (1945)
--Re-release (1954)
--Re-release (1962)
--Re-release (1971)
--Re-release (1978)
--Re-release (1984)
--Re-release (1992)
- Other Trailers Gallery
--Home Video (1985)
--Home Video (1993)
--TV Spots (1954)
--TV Spots (1962)
--TV Spots (1971)
--TV Spots (1978)
--TV Spots (1984)
--TV Spots (1992)
--TV Preview: The Disney Channel (1986)
--TV Preview: ABC (2002)
- Archive of News Articles and Movie Reviews
- Original Press Release and Pressbooks
- Promotional Poster Gallery
--Domestic
--International
--Re-release
--Lobby Cards
--One-Sheets
--Half-Sheets
--Virtual Pressbook

Still Galleries:
- Visual Development Gallery
- Gustaf Tenggren Gallery
- Layouts and Backgrounds Gallery
- Photo Gallery
--Live-Action Reference Filming
--Studio Production
--Voice Talent
- Character Design & Concept Art
--Pinocchio
--Geppetto
--Jiminy Cricket
--Figaro & Cleo
--Blue Fairy & Monstro
--Honest John & Gideon
--Stromboli & Marionette Puppets
--Posters and Production Stills
--Miscellaneous
- Character Model Sheets
--Pinocchio
--Geppetto
--Jiminy Cricket
--Figaro & Cleo
--Blue Fairy & Monstro
--Honest John & Gideon
--Stromboli & Marionette Puppets
- Disney Parks Gallery
--Characters
--Attractions
--Miscellaneous

Packaging and Disc Art:
- Full-Color Eight-Tray Spinal Digistak with pocket for booklets
- A booklet with Production Notes, Scene Listings, and Bonus Materials Listings
- Color Disk Artwork
--DISC 1: Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket
--DISC 2: Geppetto, Figaro and Cleo
--DISC 3: The Blue Fairy
--DISC 4: J. Worthington Foulfellow and Gideon
--DISC 5: Stromboli and Monstro
- Lobby Cards, Character Design Sheets and a Collectible Poster
- Film Cel Reproductions
- Pinocchio: The Inside Guide: Hardcover Collector's Book with rare photos, essays, interviews, and more
- Pinocchio: The Soundtrack: Multi-disc Soundtrack with the original recordings and even unused songs and radio broadcasts
- Dual-Disc Digipak for CD with pocket for booklet.
- 16-page booklet with liner notes and lyrics.

Like I said, if you're reading this thread, TSoD, remember this: if you can't post on this thread something nice about one's handiwork, don't post anything here at all.
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Re: More Ultimate Disney DVD/BluRay (Read the first page fir

Post by PeterPanfan »

Big Disney Fan wrote:

2. Don't let others' feelings about your DVD get you down. If you yourself are satisified, that's all that really matters.
So you're saying that if you copy something,you can easily get away with it. Ok then,let's see how many people post here. :roll:
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

PeterPanfan wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote:

So you're saying that if you copy something,you can easily get away with it. Ok then,let's see how many people post here. :roll:
No, that's not what I meant. I just think that some people (like Escapay) should NOT be such a stuck-up stiff over everything that goes down on a forum, that they should not get so snitty about everything. I don't think that kind of persona should cut it on a forum. You should be able to get loosey-goosey, so to speak, and go nuts to make an impression here, know what I mean? Besides, it's not like we're trying to make money here. That's what the forums are for. When doing a DVD, I just don't think that people should be so stiff on everything that happens, you should be allowed to have fun and plenty of it without being persecuted, that's all. Everyone has their own style, and I guess mine is to be the best, that's all. That should not interfere with other people's rights.

Besides, where else can I unload the DVD ideas? To whom can I tell my ideas for DVDs?
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Big Disney Fan wrote:
Everyone has their own style, and I guess mine is to be the best, that's all. That should not interfere with other people's rights.
You're calling Escapy stuck up? Re-read that sentence. It seems like you brag a lot about your creations *cough* copies. Your style is copying other people's ideas. Still not going to your head? i.e. Escapy and you work at Disney Studios. Escapy creates brilliant idea for a Fox and the Hound Platinum Edition. You steal his idea and make a few adjustments so you will get all the attention. How do you think he feels? That's what I thought.

And nobody here is your "mortal enemy",as you put it. We just think,and know,it's wrong to steal other people's ideas.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

PeterPanfan wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote:
Everyone has their own style, and I guess mine is to be the best, that's all. That should not interfere with other people's rights.
You're calling Escapy stuck up? Re-read that sentence. It seems like you brag a lot about your creations *cough* copies. Your style is copying other people's ideas. Still not going to your head? i.e. Escapy and you work at Disney Studios. Escapy creates brilliant idea for a Fox and the Hound Platinum Edition. You steal his idea and make a few adjustments so you will get all the attention. How do you think he feels? That's what I thought.

And nobody here is your "mortal enemy",as you put it. We just think,and know,it's wrong to steal other people's ideas.
I understand his feelings, but how can I make it up to him, besides just stop copying him? There must be something else I can do. I just doubt that not copying him is enough. And I think everyone should be able to brag about their own creations. Apparently, everyone thinks that it's wrong to brag about your own ideas. I think should brag of their ideas. Everyone should be able to brag. Heck, if you were to put up your own DVD sets, you should be able to brag, too.

But what's the use of talking to you people? You'll never listen to my side of the story. NEVER! To whom can I unload my ideas? I guess just family members and even they don't really care. It seems like I can only keep my ideas to myself these days, isn't it? Please can't you understand my side of the story, for once? :cry: You really hurt some feelings here. Maybe you don't think you're enemies of me, but I do. Can you name ALL of the ways I can make it up to you? Not just by not copying anymore?
TheSequelOfDisney
Signature Collection

Post by TheSequelOfDisney »

Big Disney Fan wrote:But what's the use of talking to you people? You'll never listen to my side of the story. NEVER! To whom can I unload my ideas? I guess just family members and even they don't really care. It seems like I can only keep my ideas to myself these days, isn't it? Please can't you understand my side of the story, for once? :cry: You really hurt some feelings here. Maybe you don't think you're enemies of me, but I do. Can you name ALL of the ways I can make it up to you? Not just by not copying anymore?
Just "unload" your ideas to yourself. You don't need to post them here at UD if really no one is looking at them because of your copying issues. Seriously, get a grip.
The Divulgations of One Desmond Leica: http://desmondleica.wordpress.com/
PeterPanfan
Diamond Edition

Post by PeterPanfan »

Agreed. It seems that you say 'sorry' a LOT here...maybe you should actually DO it instead of SAY it.
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

TSoD wrote:Just "unload" your ideas to yourself. You don't need to post them here at UD if really no one is looking at them because of your copying issues. Seriously, get a grip.
More like, YOU get a grip! I don't want to keep my ideas to myself.
PeterPanfan wrote:Agreed. It seems that you say 'sorry' a LOT here...maybe you should actually DO it instead of SAY it.
Well, how do I do sorry instead of just say it? You know what? I don't have to take this from any of you. My father actually likes my DVD ideas the way YOU don't! So you know what I say? I say, forget you guys. This is the very last post I'm ever doing on made-up DVDs. I spoke with my father on the way you mistreated me here and how you take unoriginality WAY too seriously. My father likes those ideas and I for one agree. So you know what I think of you? I don't give a rat's butt about what your opinions on my "plagiarizing" your ideas anymore! Just as you don't care about my being sorry, I decided to play your game by saying that I don't care about being unoriginal anymore. You know why? Because you are just too darn selfish! And you know how you think I'm conceited? The answer there is... YES! I'm conceited and proud of it! My DVDs will be ALWAYS than yours will ever be!!! :twisted: :twisted: And as I make more DVDs, I will continue to gloat about being better than you!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, good riddance to your heartlessness. I just decided to give you the old "eye-for-an-eye" treatment before saying so long to posting DVD ideas here for good! So long from this thread and all similar threads (except the "make-your-own-non-Disney-DVD" thread) FOREVER AND EVER!
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

BDF wrote:how you take unoriginality WAY too seriously.
Yes, I do take plagiarism seriously, and so do many other people. Originality is one of the few things people can truly claim as their own, so a lot of people will NOT like it if someone else decides to be "unoriginal" and take their original work and call it theirs. Even in a place as insignificant as a messageboard, originality is still something that helps set a poster's identity. Having that originality copied and pasted and passed off as someone else's originality...just not something people take kindly too. :headshake:
BDF wrote:My father likes those ideas and I for one agree. So you know what I think of you? I don't give a rat's butt about what your opinions on my "plagiarizing" your ideas anymore! Just as you don't care about my being sorry, I decided to play your game by saying that I don't care about being unoriginal anymore. You know why? Because you are just too darn selfish! And you know how you think I'm conceited? The answer there is... YES! I'm conceited and proud of it! My DVDs will be ALWAYS than yours will ever be!!! :twisted: :twisted: And as I make more DVDs, I will continue to gloat about being better than you!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get over yourself. It's really sad how you're making such a spectacle of yourself simply because you could not grab on to the concept of not copying anyone else's work.
BDF wrote:Anyway, good riddance to your heartlessness. I just decided to give you the old "eye-for-an-eye" treatment before saying so long to posting DVD ideas here for good! So long from this thread and all similar threads (except the "make-your-own-non-Disney-DVD" thread) FOREVER AND EVER!
Thank god.

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Big Disney Fan wrote:

I won't flame you if you can't be COMPLETELY original (unlike other posters in this forum that I know, but whose names will go unnamed, to protect the innocent), but at the very least give it a shot.

Like I said, if you're reading this thread, TSoD, remember this: if you can't post on this thread something nice about one's handiwork, don't post anything here at all.
You have mentioned 2 names that you are apparently unhappy with... first TSoD and the other one was Escapay and as you quoted below BDF
I just think that some people (like Escapay) should NOT be such a stuck-up stiff over everything that goes down on a forum, that they should not get so snitty about everything.
Now first off this thread is looking like a personal attack train wreck waiting to happen...

I just pray to all that is justice and right (no not Spider-man :P ) that I am wrong and this thread can continue nicely without any further personal attacks...

Although In My Humble opinion this thread is not needed and should either be merged with the previous created by TSoD or locked or deleted because I can feel unhappy negative vibes coming from this thread..
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
Big Disney Fan wrote: I won't flame you if you can't be COMPLETELY original (unlike other posters in this forum that I know, but whose names will go unnamed, to protect the innocent), but at the very least give it a shot.

You have mentioned 2 names that you are apparently unhappy with... first TSoD and the other one was Escapay
Well, I didn't understand how I had hurt Escapay's feelings until it was too late. I tried to beg for his forgiveness, but he wouldn't listen. So I finally decided to just give up and never speak to him again.
I just pray to all that is justice and right (no not Spider-man :P ) that I am wrong and this thread can continue nicely without any further personal attacks...

Although In My Humble opinion this thread is not needed and should either be merged with the previous created by TSoD or locked or deleted because I can feel unhappy negative vibes coming from this thread..
Well, we can continue this thread nicely if we just stop arguing, which is what I wanted to with Escapay and TSoD, but they won't listen.

But now let's not speak of any negativity anymore. Now let's just put this all behind us and move on. Let's all think about happier things, like the DVD ideas this idea was originally for. Feel free to post here. Forget anything about personal attacks on certain people and just continue as though nothing happened. Let's just move on now and forget about personal feelings.
Escapay
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Escapay »

Big Disney Fan wrote:
disneyboy20022 wrote: You have mentioned 2 names that you are apparently unhappy with... first TSoD and the other one was Escapay
Well, I didn't understand how I had hurt Escapay's feelings until it was too late. I tried to beg for his forgiveness, but he wouldn't listen.
I listened, I just didn't forgive you, nor will I ever.
BDF wrote:So I finally decided to just give up and never speak to him again.
And yet twice you've already confronted me.

First in a response in my Ultimate DVD Thread
BDF wrote:Well, based on the guidelines, how are we supposed to do things originally?

Does not copying anybody else's formats, titles/names, descriptions, and/or runtimes include not copying ourselves, too? If so, I think you're STILL being selfish. It's just a forum thread, for Pete's sake! You should be able to let loose and have fun. And your "guidelines" are preventing such fun from happening. If we just keep trying to come up with our own ideas for DVDs, sooner or later, we'll run out of ideas. Or don't you think about things like that?
And second, a ridiculous and stupid attack in consultant's Your Top Treasures? thread:
BDF wrote:Hey, you! Stay away from here!
:roll:

Escapay
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
CJ
Anniversary Edition

Post by CJ »

Reading this thread, I gather some kind of squabble took place in the other thread, which I will be checking into shortly. Even with a disagreement in the other thread, there was no need to start this thread. Especially considering the fact the arguing continued over into this thread.

I'm making a judgement call here. As there is already a Ultimate Disney DVD/BluRay thead, I'm locking this one. Normally, I would merge this thread with the other one, but this one has turned hostile fairly quickly.