Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
BlueDevilSF
Limited Issue

Post by BlueDevilSF »

I think it would be great fun to splice some of Daveigh's dialogue from The Ring into Lilo & Stitch.

Like, during the scene where Lilo is working her voodoo magic...I think "Everyone will suffer..." instead of "My friends need to be punished" would have worked better. :D
JiminyCrick91
Platinum Edition

Post by JiminyCrick91 »

I cant wait to see it (I also STILL need to see Tarzan 2 thou) but anyway I found out that Disney Records is puting out a cheper revameped version of the Lilo & Stitch: Island Favorites CD and it is said to have new songs from Lilo & Stitch 2:Stich Has a Glitch
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... /ref=nosim
Disneybell
Banned Deadbeat

Post by Disneybell »

cool i can't wait to get the sequel i love lilo and stitch :)
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Post by Fidget1234 »

BlueDevilSF wrote:I think it would be great fun to splice some of Daveigh's dialogue from The Ring into Lilo & Stitch.

Like, during the scene where Lilo is working her voodoo magic...I think "Everyone will suffer..." instead of "My friends need to be punished" would have worked better. :D
That would be a little awkward-kinda funny- but awkward.

Just a couple of small (not so big spoiler) additions of what u will see (& not see):

* Characters not present in 'Stitch has a Glitch' that are from 1st film:
Grand Councilwoman
Cobra Bubbles
Gantu (the big dummy)

* For the first time through the movies/tv series you can see that Nani feels really truly appreciated for everything she has done. (kind of a heartfelt moment in the film)

* Nani kisses David-but just a peck on the cheek not the typical Disney "happily ever after" kiss.

* Flashbacks are shown of when Jumbaa creates Stitch & is arrested for illegal genetic mutations.

* Hawaiian Rollercoaster is once again played during the film, along w/ some Elvis tunes.

Good to see the original charm back into the characters in the film, unlike in the cartoon series where they arent as funny/cute. (though i still love the cartoon series! dont get me wrong!)
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
Luke
Site Admin

Post by Luke »

RJKD23
Platinum Edition

Post by RJKD23 »

There it is! I know, it's so wrong of me to anticipate the L&S2 review :oops: but after seeing the commercials and how Lilo & Stitch are still funny, I wanted to know how the DVD rates overall!

I really liked the review; of course, anything with Stitch! :p
After hearing the commercial, Lilo's new voice is actually...fine.

To all reviewers:
Thanks for taking time off your busy schedule to review the DVD for us! That goes for all the other DVDs/CDs/etc you've been reviewing for us! :D

Stitch: "You're touching me!"
rotfl (how cute!)
Image R[APRIL.23]K: High School Sweethearts
MickeyMousePal
Signature Collection

Post by MickeyMousePal »

Great review on Lilo and Stitch 2, Luke!!!!!

I can't wait to get it tomorrow or later this week. :lol:
The Simpsons Season 11 Buy it Now!

Fox Sunday lineup:

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 King of the Hill
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad

Living in the 1980's:
maxeythecat
Limited Issue

Stitch has a Glitch......I LIKE it!!

Post by maxeythecat »

Watching my copy of "Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch" and I gotta say I am suitably impressed! From what I've seen so far, it's got all the charm of the original and the quality of the animation is the best I've ever seen from Disney Down Under...dare I say it, it's good enough for an actual theatrical release. Amazing to think that the House of Mouse is gonna close these guys down just as they've finally gotten their artistic chops together....whatta bunch of brain-dead momos! Does'nt make any sense whatsoever..what da funk are these guys thinking anyway???
maxeythecat
Limited Issue

Post by maxeythecat »

Just finished watching "Glitch" and again I gotta say EXCELLENT!! Great story, terrific animation and overall the best thing that Diz in Oz have ever done. Now the question is this...if these guys are capable of producing a work this good, why the monkey's #@%$!! are Diz in Lalaland closing 'em down????? What is it... are they getting so good that they might be posing a threat to the Mouse's fledgling CGI division? I repeat...whatta bunch of clueless Momos!! Get rid of these dumdums in the grey flannel suits already!!!
TaleAsOldAsTime
Limited Issue

Post by TaleAsOldAsTime »

I bought the movie and just finished it. I absolutely loved it. Awesome Movie! It was soo cute and funny. A definate must see.

I personally thought this was right on par with the orginal and i think this film could have been easily released in theaters. The animation was beautiful. Great Job Disney!
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

I just read the review, great as expected.

I was afraid of this. It's actually good. I've been under a lot of pressure trying to decide if I should get this or not, but it looks like I will have to check it out. This will be my third DTV in my collection (forth if I could just find a darn copy of Simba's Pride anywhere [without a slipcover]) It should be fun, I liked Lilo & Stitch. I'm sure I'll like this one. Oh man, I'm so scared it will let me down. I hate blind buys, but I hate renting even more.

I sure will feel awkward having a sequel in my DVD collection without having the original.

That coverart......... :huh:
- John
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

Why would you hate renting if renting is cheaper and why don't you buy Simba's Pride and throw the slipcover away if you don't want it?
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Christian wrote:Why would you hate renting if renting is cheaper
See, my problem with renting is that I feel ripped off either way.

- If I rent a movie and then like it, then I've just payed money to see it, and then I have to pay money again to actually own it. So in the long run, I pay more than I normally would've just to own a movie.

- If I rent a movie and then hate it, then I think that I've wasted money by paying for it and not even getting anything because I had to return it. I'd much rather get a movie as a blind buy and have something for my trouble/money than to just pay money and have the thing I bought taken away a week later.

For me, renting is a lose/lose situation, but that's just my opinion. That might make me seem cheap, but I was raised to save my money as much as possible, so it just makes more sence this way.
Christian wrote:why don't you buy Simba's Pride and throw the slipcover away if you don't want it?
If I just throw it away, then I feel bad because I feel like I'm taking it away from someone who would've wanted it. I'd much rather be patient and find a copy that wasn't shipped with a slipcover than to throw the slipcover away.

...Oh crap, I'm getting off-topic!

Soooooo, that Stitch is one cuh-raaaaaazy fella, eh?
- John
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

- If I rent a movie and then like it, then I've just payed money to see it, and then I have to pay money again to actually own it. So in the long run, I pay more than I normally would've just to own a movie.
Some places allow you to apply the rental costs towards the purchase cost if you decide you like the movie enough to buy it.
corrwill
Gold Classic Collection

Post by corrwill »

I really liked Lilo and Stitch 2. I even got a little teary eyed near the end. The movie has alot of heart and some good stitch comedy. Since I get all the animated DVD's I am a little prone to say buy it, but this one was very well done. And yes the animation, wonderful. Stitch is back to the grey blue color he was ment to be. The only thing is I wish Lilo was in the original voice. Some say they can't tell, but I can notice those things.
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Christian wrote:Some places allow you to apply the rental costs towards the purchase cost if you decide you like the movie enough to buy it.
Really? Man, I didn't know that. I'll definately have to check that out. Thanks.

Judging from a screenshot in the review, the Origin of Stitch short looks more like the animation from the TV show. Was the short badly animated, Luke? The review doesn't seem to go into detail on that.
- John
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

Sorcerer Mickey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Sorcerer Mickey »

Tried to rent Lilo and Stitch II from Blockbuster, but they're sold out!

:x
Formerly known as Musketeer2004

The 1,000th Ultimate Disney member.
umbreongirl
Gold Classic Collection

Post by umbreongirl »

I'd like to see this.
I think it might be quite good, but I'm not sure, considering most of Disney's sequels are pretty bad.
Toy Story 2, Return to Neverland and that other one (oh yeah, forgot the title) were pretty good, though.
I'm hoping this'll be as close to GOOD as the ORIGINAL.

"You're touching me!"
"No I'm not!"
"YES YOU ARE, YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!!"
BlueDevilSF
Limited Issue

Post by BlueDevilSF »

OK, I saw it.

I rather liked it a lot...up until the forced and somewhat contrived resolution to the story. But ya know what? I didn't care. The animation and characterization were up there with the original, far more than the TV series could ever hope to be. Is it worth $19.99? I'm not sure about that, but then again I paid $16.99 (at Target) and don't feel cheated at all.

I know there are those who absolutely, positively, and unequivocally despise Dakota Fanning. All I can say is, give the kid a chance. Daveigh Chase was simply too old to do the role anymore. Fanning had big shoes to fill, but I think she did an admirable job of it.