Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch DVD Press Release

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Robin Hood
Anniversary Edition

Post by Robin Hood »

This Is A Buy For Me. :)
- Jonathan
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

I, for one, cannot get excited over ANY Disney release that is straight to DVD or Video. If it isn't good enough for the movie theater, then why should I even consider it for my Disney collection?

Just a question, any answers?

:roll:
The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Stitch's glitch straight to DVD

Post by Disney Duster »

Sometimes it's better for business to release it to video and DVD. Sometimes there are lots of fans out there for something but not enough fans to have what they're a fan of in theaters. The Disney videos and DVDs sell really well, I read. This video is more like a service to fans of Lilo and Stitch, not fans of Disney cinema in general. That's what I think anyway. And if you look at the animation, it's very high quality, it's almost exactly the same (if not the same) as the first movie's.
dvdjunkie
Signature Collection

Post by dvdjunkie »

While I can appreciate what you say about appealing to those who want more of "Lilo and Stitch", I still find it odd that they put out sequels to everything without giving thought to maybe getting that one or two good movies out of five or ten mediocre movies and put them in the movie theaters. To say that there might not be a fan base for the movie in the theater should be the answer to the problem. Don't make the sequel if it isn't good enough for the movie theater.

My problem is that they are just making "Baby-sitting movies" for adults to have for their kids, when they are too lazy to take them out to the park, or to their soccer game, or to do family things.

I know a lot of so-called family people who use videos and DVD's as tools for keeping their kids out of their hair for an hour or two.

I just think that more thought needs to be put into these horrible direct-to-video or dvd movies. I for one will not add them to my collection for any reason.

If it isn't good enough for the theater, it shouldn't be good enough to add to the collection.

The only way to watch movies - Original Aspect Ratio!!!!
I LOVE my Blu-Ray Disc Player!
Nala
Anniversary Edition

Post by Nala »

dvdjunkie wrote:I, for one, cannot get excited over ANY Disney release that is straight to DVD or Video. If it isn't good enough for the movie theater, then why should I even consider it for my Disney collection?

Just a question, any answers?

Didn't you in the other thread mention about it being ridiculous that people avoid certain classics because it's editied. You are doing the same thing avoiding DTVs.

Every movie can't be in a theatre. In the bonus features of The Lion King, it mentions that people wanted sequels to it as it was very successful. These DTVs could be the result of people wanting them.
My Growing DVD Collection!

http://www.invelos.com/DVDCollection.aspx/Pocahontas

Disneyland Trips: 09/87, 12/08

Walt Disney World Trips: 09/08, 12/09, 06/11, 09/14

Knott's Berry Farm: 09/87, 12/08
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

dvdjunkie wrote:While I can appreciate what you say about appealing to those who want more of "Lilo and Stitch", I still find it odd that they put out sequels to everything without giving thought to maybe getting that one or two good movies out of five or ten mediocre movies and put them in the movie theaters. To say that there might not be a fan base for the movie in the theater should be the answer to the problem. Don't make the sequel if it isn't good enough for the movie theater.

My problem is that they are just making "Baby-sitting movies" for adults to have for their kids, when they are too lazy to take them out to the park, or to their soccer game, or to do family things.

I know a lot of so-called family people who use videos and DVD's as tools for keeping their kids out of their hair for an hour or two.

I just think that more thought needs to be put into these horrible direct-to-video or dvd movies. I for one will not add them to my collection for any reason.

If it isn't good enough for the theater, it shouldn't be good enough to add to the collection.

You are making a lot of bad assumptions in your post:

Bad Assumption #1: If Disney makes a direct-to-video title that means it is keeping them from also making movies that go to the theater. Answer: Obviously Disney is still making movies that go to the theater.

Bad Assumption #2: Disney only makes these as babysitting tools. Answer: The fact that some people use them that way doesn't mean that that's what Disney intends them as.

Bad Assumption #3: Disney is not putting more thought into the dvd movies. Answer: Anybody that has been paying attention can see that they have been improving over time. If you have not been paying attention don't hold that against Disney. The animation on L&S2 appears to be every bit as good as the original and from what I have been hearing the story is just as good too.

Bad Assumption #4: Disney is forcing you to buy movies you don't want to see. Answer: You don't have to buy anything you don't want to. And one thing that people in this forum keep forgetting is that renting is also an option. It gives you a way to sample the movie without having to keep it. I've done that with a number of Disney's cheapquels. Some were worth watching once and then I was happy to return them.

Bad Assumption #5: If it isn't good enough for the theater, it shouldn't be good enough to add to the collection. Answer: Unfortunately the movie industry is finding out that the general public doesn't appreciate the theatrical experience and are generally content to wait for a movie to come out on DVD. Such a situation is making it financially harder for movie studios to release a movie to the theater first and they are being tempted with sending everything straight to DVD. Not that it will ever happen but, yeah, they are finding the greater profits are from DVD rentals and sales.

Keep in mind that a lot of these things are made because fans request them. If you want them to go to the theater and be better quality let them know.
Kenai
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Kenai »

That Disc Art alone makes me want to get this! Stitch is the shizzy! :D One of Disney's golden characters!
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

When I was at Downtown Disney in Anaheim a couple days ago there was Stitch stuff all over the place.
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch Official Site Opens

Post by Christian »

Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

Just watched thr video clips, animation looks great! :D
Although Lilos voice :( I'll get used to it im sure.....

Cant wait for this now!
hiiiii
lolopimp
Banned Deadbeat

Post by lolopimp »

Yea, the animation looks really well done almost as good as the original. I was starting to wonder if it'll look like that crapy animation done in the TV series. It doesn't look bad for a sequel, I'll be picking this up.

Thanks for the link Christian. By the way, where's the original Lilo and Stitch? Come one, bring that SE on Disney!
Thanks to Rafiki from Lea for this awesome siggy!
"Boy do I hate being right all the time." -Ian Malcolm
Andy
Special Edition

Post by Andy »

lolopimp wrote:Yea, the animation looks really well done almost as good as the original. I was starting to wonder if it'll look like that crapy animation done in the TV series. It doesn't look bad for a sequel, I'll be picking this up.

Thanks for the link Christian. By the way, where's the original Lilo and Stitch? Come one, bring that SE on Disney!
Want it that bad? The SE comes out in a couple of months in the UK, import it! :P
hiiiii
princessinAK

Post by princessinAK »

Thank you for the link to the clips and trailer! I can't wait to get this! Lilo is so cute and Stitch is well... just awesome!! I really enjoyed Stich the movie and I watch both episodes of the series everyday. :D
ImageVisit me on eBay or here instead for FREE shipping!
Disneybell
Banned Deadbeat

Post by Disneybell »

i love lilo and stitch and the sequel looks great i really can't wait to add this to my collection. lilo and stitch are a great pair :) and the cover art looks so cute!! i m really excited :)
rs_milo_whatever
Anniversary Edition

Post by rs_milo_whatever »

i don't know about you guys but i don't like the cover of this one...and what to say about the disc art :roll: i mean don't get me wrong is not like i would of done a better job but they could
Christian
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Christian »

I have learned that you can't always judge a movie by its cover.
DreamerQ18
Anniversary Edition

Post by DreamerQ18 »

*Andy* wrote:Just watched thr video clips, animation looks great! :D
Although Lilos voice :( I'll get used to it im sure.....

Cant wait for this now!
Yeah i am having the exact same problem. I am super excited bout the movie coming out but why Dokota fanning. I mean nothing against the little girl but she is not my ideal Lilo. :( I feel your pain Andy.
Disney... Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are Forever
Fidget1234
Special Edition

Stitch has a Glitch

Post by Fidget1234 »

So I saw the movie tonite.

It's pretty cute. The animation is actually similar to the originals.
The plot is good too. Is it worth getting?-Yes. It's a pretty good sequel. not as good as toy story 2. I'd say its as good as Jungle Book & Peter Pan sequels are. & the girl who voiced Lilo was excellent. Daveigh was getting too old to voice a 7 year old girl anyways.

I'm not gonna give the entire plot line for the movie....but def worth seeing. Those who give in to the emotional parts of disney movies-def a few parts that are really emotional. Lilo & Nanis mother is mentioned quite a bit throughout the movie, Kumu (Lilos Hula dance teacher) gives Lilo a picture of her mother when she was Lilos age who is a spitting image of Lilo.

I'll watch this one again & again-in fact I probably will tomorrow. hehe.

oh yeah- I finally watched Tarzan 2 the other day. (I got it through DMC). Lilo & Stitch 2 is better then Tarzan 2 (in my opinion of course) for those who want to compare the two movies.
"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin"
Timon/Pumbaa fan
Platinum Edition

Re: Stitch has a Glitch

Post by Timon/Pumbaa fan »

Thanks Fidget! :) I might rent it.

However I didn't like Jungle Book 2 at all! I still can't picture John Goodman or Haley Joel Osment as Baloo and Mowgli. Plus they thought of the dumbest reason to get rid of their coolest character! (King Louie)

While I could understand replacing Daveigh, why did it have to be Dakota Fanning! :roll:
Disney_maniac15

Post by Disney_maniac15 »

Sounds like a good sequel can't wait to see it :D