The Princess Diaries 3

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Re: The Princess Diaries 3

Post by UmbrellaFish »

I knew this was coming. I've been expecting a reboot of the franchise, but I hope the film turns out to be a true sequel with Julie and Anne back as well. Julie hasn't done a movie since 2010, but I think this project could get her back on a movie set again.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Is this Tracking Board website an actual trusted source or just some random blog? They reported an Inspector Gadget reboot a couple of weeks ago, but there's been nothing in the trade papers about it.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Only here for this if its with Anne and Julie … they ARE the Princess Diary films, not here for a reboot so soon !
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

So, there was just a "conversation" about the movie and nothing came out of it. Hopefully, there are more conversations and they include Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/princ ... 201522247/
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Tristy
Special Edition

Post by Tristy »

[quote="disneyprincess11"]Sorry, guys. It was a false rumor :P

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/17/pr ... a83c69f4be[/quote

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv4KQbDaCfM[/youtube]
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Too bad. Maybe going back to her "roots" would've helped Anne Hathaway improve her public perception.

Am I the only one strangely irritated when movies have a 2, but never end up with a 3? I guess I've become used to thinking in trilogies, and two's always feel incomplete.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It looks like a third installment is happening after all.
We're getting another Princess Diaries movie, folks. Never mind the dream-crushing reports to the contrary, hope is alive for a third installment of the successful franchise, thanks to director Garry Marshall and star Anne Hathaway.

"I was with Anne Hathaway a couple weeks ago, it looks like we want to do Princess Diaries 3 in Manhattan," Marshall tells PEOPLE. "Anne Hathaway is very pregnant, so we have to wait until she has the baby and then I think we're going to do it."

Might there be a role in there for Star Trek and Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement star Chris Pine? "Maybe," Marshall says. "He's quite big now, you know."
Source: http://www.people.com/article/anne-hath ... -diaries-3
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I'm always sceptical when a director says he "wants to" do a project. Doesn't mean he will actually get to make it or that the studio will greenlight it. Guillermo del Toro has been saying for years he wants to make Hellboy 3. Doesn't mean it's actually going to happen.

If Andrew Stanton were to say in an interview, "You know, I've talked to Taylor Kitsch and we were discussing John Carter and we really want to make the sequel", Disney isn't magically going to greenlight it.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
ajmrowland
Signature Collection

Post by ajmrowland »

I'm not that interested anymore. the 2nd wasn't really all that good in retrospect.
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

UmbrellaFish wrote:I knew this was coming. I've been expecting a reboot of the franchise, but I hope the film turns out to be a true sequel with Julie and Anne back as well. Julie hasn't done a movie since 2010, but I think this project could get her back on a movie set again.
I expected this as well. The last film really ended in such a way I felt they meant to tell more story and make it a trilogy. I don't know, but my feeling why it has been taking so long to get made is due to Hathaway. Right after PD2, she seemed to want to get away from her "squeaky clean" image that she had up to that point, and I'm guessing making more PD films wouldn't help her in that effort. Now that she's built up her new "mature" image in film and according to Hollywood, she's now "too old" (which I think is really dumb by the way), career wise this seems like the right time for her to return to the franchise that build her career in the first place.

I wonder if they can get Chris Pine back?
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

‘Princess Diaries 3’: Garry Marshall Has Met With Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews
http://www.slashfilm.com/princess-diari ... -marshall/

Exciting Princess Diaries 3 News: Robert Schwartzman Tells Us He'd Be Open to Returning as Michael
http://www.glamour.com/story/princess-d ... as-michael
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Well, it isn't happening now :(

Garry Marshall, ‘Pretty Woman’ Director, Dead At 81

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gar ... 80da639a00
milojthatch
Collector's Edition

Post by milojthatch »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Well, it isn't happening now :(

Garry Marshall, ‘Pretty Woman’ Director, Dead At 81

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/gar ... 80da639a00
Who says? Disney can always find a new director. We will just have to wait and see. Still, very sad news.
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.

-Walt Disney
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Earlier this year, costar Julie Andrews, who plays Clarisse in the franchise, said she and Hathaway were willing to do it as a tribute to Marshall, who died in July 2016. “I think we might do it in honor of him,” Andrews said to BuzzFeed. “Annie had an idea that she wanted to pursue about it, and I’m all for it, so if she’d like to.”

Speaking to EW, Cabot confirmed there’s interest in going forward with Princess Diaries 3, “kind of as a tribute” to Marshall — but cautioned she had not heard anything more about the film beyond that a script exists. “So, who knows? [It] could happen, as we say,” Cabot said.

As for what the third Princess Diaries film would include, Cabot isn’t talking. “I am not allowed to say,” she said with a laugh. “I would love to sit and talk about [it], but I can’t. I’m not allowed. But it’s really more following the movie than the books, so if she — the last version I read, she definitely did not find out that she has a biracial younger sister … which I personally would’ve thought was hilarious, but that was not the direction they were going.”
Source: http://ew.com/movies/2017/07/28/princes ... hird-film/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'd love to see a third one because Hathaway has grown a lot since her Princess Diaries days and I'd love to see Julie Andrews in another Disney film since she won't be in Mary Poppins Returns.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

Anne Hathaway confirms there is a script, we all want to do it, but we want to wait till it's perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDJ_BAzmdoE
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Glad to hear that this film hasn't quite been lost in development hell after all. I hope that Julie Andrews won't be given the shaft though and it would be nice to see Chris Pine return.
ImageImage
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

Since all the major players want to move forward with the project, I really do believe this will come to fruition as long as all the other pieces fall into place.

However, The Princess Diaries does not exactly fit Disney’s current theatrical strategy. Sure, it could be marketed on nostalgia like all the remakes, but box office wise it’s really a midrange movie which Disney seems to be saving for Disney+ nowadays. But putting the third Princess Diaries movie on Disney+ would seem to make very short shrift of this franchise and its talent.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I have a feeling that the cast, especially Julie Andrews, would be a lot more hesitant to return if the film was relegated to the streaming service. There's enough nostalgia with this film series though that I think it would work best in theaters. Especially since actors like Anne Hathaway and Chris Pine have become even more famous since then. Not to mention Shonda Rhimes penned the last film and she wasn't quite famous then, unlike now.

If Disney can take chances on box office flops like The Nutcracker and A Wrinkle in Time, surely they can take a "chance" on this, especially since the budget for this film wouldn't be nearly as exorbitant as the aforementioned films.
ImageImage